Start by marking “Raymond E. Feist's Magician Master” as Want to Read:
Raymond E. Feist's Magician Master

Raymond E. Feist's Magician Master

4.43  ·  Rating Details ·  17,897 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
A comic adaptation of the original book by Raymond E. Feist.

It has been three years since the siege of Crydee. The three boys who once were the closest of friends are now worlds apart: Pug, a slave of the Tsurani, on the verge of becoming a full-blown magician; Tomas, a warrior amongst the elves, losing his humanity to the enchanted armor he wears; and Arutha, the prince o
Published January 18th 2012 by Marvel Comics Group (first published October 13th 2010)

The Final Empire by Brandon SandersonThe Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Way of Kings by Brandon SandersonThe Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
Most Interesting Magic System
299th out of 1,733 books — 6,524 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenThe Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
Books with a 4.4 rating (or higher!)
13th out of 35 books — 56 voters

More lists with this book...

Daniel
Mar 10, 2012 Daniel rated it it was amazing
Raymond E Feist's Magician: Master is by... Raymond E. Feist, not whoever this Glass guy is...
Thomas Baetens
Nov 06, 2010 Thomas Baetens rated it it was amazing
This was the book that got me reading fantasy. I've read the book over 6 times now over the past 8 years on it still keeps amazing.
Thomas Bambust
Oct 30, 2012 Thomas Bambust rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This is one of those books where enjoyment and quality aren't on the same line. The book is great fun, although not extremely well written or original. It's just... very good fun.

Great young-adult literature, for sure.
James Davis
May 18, 2015 James Davis rated it did not like it
Started an omnibus, but the first novel in the series was too dull to finish, so I didn't actually get to the start of this one. This author is not for me.
Derek
Mar 13, 2016 Derek rated it liked it
I first read this book in high school and I think this book is actually a good option for YA fantasy readers, and also holds up well for pure fantasy readers, too.

Things I liked: fast moving story, some really fascinating concepts, has a very satisfying ending, characters were developed more than I expected

Things I didn't like: my biggest criticism was that the story moved too fast in places which took something away from the characters and the cool ideas (the storylines ended so quickly). Also,
Melissa Bennett
Jul 26, 2010 Melissa Bennett rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book of 4 in the Riftwar series. I liked the first book a lot and like this one a little bit better. It starts off where Apprentice leaves off. Pug is now a slave in another world and Tomas is struggling with a power that can overtake him. The war continues and no one sees it ending anytime soon.
If you liked the first in this series, you'll definetly like this book. I gave it 4 stars only because when it got to the parts on the war strategies, politics, etc., it tended to bore m
Troy Johnson
Apr 03, 2011 Troy Johnson rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book better than the Magician Apprentice, but really the two books don't stand alone, this one is needed for closure. I really enjoyed his character development, they seemed alive. However his use of magic and resolution of problems bothered me. Interesting story and concepts.
Ashley
Jan 07, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Brilliant 2 book series, really enjoyed reading it. I will definitely come back to read Raymond E Feists other books.
Todd
Dec 19, 2012 Todd rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Pug's entrance into the Tsurani society is amazing. His rise to magical power is excellently developed.
Samet Özenç
Nov 11, 2012 Samet Özenç rated it it was amazing
Dedikleri kadar güzel olmasada değişik bir atmosferi var kitabın sevdim sayılır pişmanmıyım değilim tabikide
Mahera Inaam
Oct 26, 2013 Mahera Inaam rated it really liked it
I think I've finished all d books related to Pug ages ago but I just can't remember d names of the books and often get confused about the which story goes with which book!!!!
Annette
Mar 24, 2016 Annette rated it liked it
Not a single positive female character in the entire book. All women are slaves, wives, stupid idiots or promising child bearers. But an otherwise good story.
Karley Bryce
Feb 14, 2013 Karley Bryce rated it it was amazing
Raymond is one of my favourite authors, I generally hate most fantasy books but can't get enough of these
Patrick Shechet
Mar 30, 2013 Patrick Shechet rated it really liked it
Feist's writing really matured in the course of this series. I would almost suggest readers start with this book to taste the full potential of the world he has crafted.
Nick
Nick rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Jason Michelsen
Jason Michelsen rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2013
Lorry
Lorry rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2014
Will Jones
Will Jones rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2013
William Struble
William Struble rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2014
Richard Broome
Richard Broome rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2013
Matthew Harvis
Matthew Harvis rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2013
Barb Aubė
Barb Aubė rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2015
Iain Rogers
Iain Rogers rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2013
Sean
Sean rated it did not like it
Jan 16, 2014
Hauki
Hauki rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2012
Ron Sturm
Ron Sturm rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Luca Addeo
Luca Addeo rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2013
Goodreads Librari...: Shouldn't Raymond E. Feist be credited? 5 183 Jun 26, 2013 06:28AM
  • Magician: Apprentice, Volume 1
  • The Wheel of Time: Boxed Set  (Wheel of Time, #1-8)