Start by marking “Deception” as Want to Read:
Deception

Deception (Regency #3)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  16 reviews
England 1818. Determined to find love, Aurora Glendenning hides her wealth and status, wanting a man to love her for her...one who will overlook her mistakes. When she meets Levi, Lord Greville, she thinks her prayers have been answered. There's just one problem: he needs wealth to right his wrongs. Can love make everything all right in this tale with so many lies and unan ...more
Published July 15th 2010 by TreasureLine Books

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Thirteenth Tale by Diane SetterfieldFallen by Lauren KateNew Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Best Book Cover Art
264th out of 5,069 books — 5,011 voters
Unearthly by Cynthia HandLove's Forbidden Flower by Diane RinellaFallen by Lauren KateNightshade by Andrea CremerRemembrance by Michelle Madow
Absolutely Beautiful Girls on the Cover
37th out of 360 books — 345 voters

More lists with this book...

Linda Boulanger
I am pleased to have the honor of helping to edit this book. The characters are compelling and personable and the story...perfect Jaimey Grant!
Paige
Jaimey Grant has put together a montage of excellent, well-constructed characters in a world all her own, set in Regency London. The characters, the characters, the characters...Jaimey knows how to add depth and create conflicts and pasts that are somewhat daunting when dealing with the ton. The descriptions of various settings in the book were excellent and had me there with the characters as they were experiencing whatever was going on. By the first few chapters of the story, you are friends w ...more
TJ
I became a huge fan of Ms. Grants as I read her previous books, "Betrayal" and "Heartless". I enjoy her writing style and love the depth she pulls from her characters that draws the reader in and hooks one completely in the story. That is also why I was disappointed in this particular book. That depth just wasn't there. That confused me and I had to really contemplate what made it so. Here are my conclusions:

First; there are so many characters introduced in the beginning of the story with the as
Midu Hadi
Lori
Love it!!! WOW! B E A U T I F U L!!!!
S.M. Carrière
Once again in the interest of transparency, I will note that I know the author. I will also say that Romance is something I tend to avoid because it all runs more or less the same. Man sees woman. Woman sees man. For some reason (be it mutual loathing, social systems, or some other equally dull reason) they cannot be together. Love eventually wins out and they marry. The end.

This book was, very happily, nothing like that. Despite being labelled a Historical Romance, I found it more of an Adventu
Elisha Ruzgal
Let's list down the reasons why I hate this one, too (though not as much as the other one, because finally, there is no rape issue with any of the main characters):

1. We have a very immature heroine who is a liar and a deceiver. I understand that she wanted to marry for love so she hid her wealth. But she lied too much. I don't know what the hero saw in her that he is convinced that he is in love with her. Every bad thing that happened to her, she brought it upon herself.

2. A meddling Duke. What
M.M. Roethig
I love all of Jaimey Grant's writings, it is hard for me to put down once I start. However, this story was a little hard for me to push through at times. Mostly because I felt the characters lacked a level of depth that helped me understand their relationship as it evolved.

This story is of Levi, a character introduced in Betrayal, and a new character, Aurora, and their budding relationship. Levi must marry in order to secure his future, in ways that we don't fully understand until the middle of
Wanda Luce
A great deal of work must have gone into this well-written Regency. I also write Regencies, so I was very aware of the language, dialogue, setting, and tone. She does an exceptional job with characterization, and her story is actually quite 'spot on' with the mores of Regency Society. Jaimey has also done a good job demonstrating the harsh injustice suffered by the women of the time. Men could do anything and still be entirely acceptable to the 'ton,' but women? Poor Aurora is the victim of men' ...more
Sharon
While this review is long overdue, I'm honored to give five out of five stars to Jaimey Grant's Deception.

Grant's characters comprise a circle of friends and relations, so it's fun to see the people from other books show up as supporting characters. This particular tale involves Levi Greville and Aurora Glendenning, neither of whom are presenting an entirely accurate picture of themselves to society at large.

With intrigue, crime and yes, deception, all the way around, Grant has created an enter
Katie
So I actually only read the first few pages of this book before I had to stop reading. I am sorry I am NOT one of those people who think keeping mistresses and fornication make a good story. Sorry, but no. Within the first few pages we are introduced to a loser, said losers mistress, said losers sister and sisters husband(who is actually said losers mistresses previous lover) Um don't need to waste any more time.
Sorry if this is harsh, but if this is listed as a clean romance, even if nothing to
Cheryl
I have been fortunate to read Jaimey's books in order. Following the characters from book to book has been fun. Sometimes the themes are a bit dark for me, but I like seeing how the characters learn from their mistakes and the challenges that life gives them. Love wins out in the end and the strong group of friends emerging is fun to behold.
Jaimie
Jan 10, 2014 Jaimie added it
Shelves: 2010
This was a good book set in the Regency period in London. I liked all the characters and thought the plot was interesting. I would have liked a little more suspense in the romance department, but I thought the dialogue was witty and liked the book enough that I will most likely read other books by this author.
Christine Jensen
A cute regency era read. I was a bit worried that it would not be clean based on how it started out (there is a lot of reference to sex, but no description of it), but this ended up being a cute story with a little adventure thrown in.
S.B. Niccum
If Tess of the Duberville's and Aurora had tea together, this is what they would say: "Damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
This book was like eating chocolate. Pure enjoyment!
Lala Corriere
An interesting read. Vivid.
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Jan 07, 2015
Skyler
Skyler marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Carla Moreira
Carla Moreira marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
noemi
noemi marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Abbie Isaacson
Abbie Isaacson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Aug 05, 2014
Corina
Corina marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
  • William & Lucy
  • Second Chances
  • My Fairy Grandmother
  • Daughter of Winter
  • Thwarted Queen (Thwarted Queen Book 3)
  • Fallen Angel
  • Winning Mr. Wrong
  • Lady Crenshaw's Christmas
  • The Witch Queen's Secret (Twilight of Avalon, #1.5)
  • By Love or by Sea
  • T'on Ma
  • Molly September
  • The Romance
  • Hating Olivia: A Love Story
I'm an author who battles ADD with sporadic doses of writing, book cover design, blogging, online promotion, homeschooling my two kids, fermenting things with my husband (mostly beer), video games, reading, and housework. (The housework suffers.) I sleep and eat when I remember.

Check out my blog, if you get the chance: Into the Mind of Jaimey Grant
More about Jaimey Grant...

Regency (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Honor
  • Heartless
  • Redemption
  • Forgotten, and other Heartless tales
  • Retribution
Heartless Unlocked: Ten Key Tales Betrayal My Lady Coward: An Episodic Regency Romance Honor