Start by marking “Annie Hoot and the Knitting Extravaganza” as Want to Read:
Annie Hoot and the Knitting Extravaganza

Annie Hoot and the Knitting Extravaganza

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Knit, knit, knit! Annie Hoot loves to knit. But the other owls refuse to wear her colorful creations. So Annie knits herself a hot air balloon and sets off to find some animals who will appreciate her talents. What can she make for the rainforest animals? African animals? Polar animals? And what will she discover when she returns home?
Published September 1st 2010 by Andersen Press (first published May 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Annie Hoot and the Knitting Extravaganza, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Annie Hoot and the Knitting Extravaganza

Karina
This cute story is about Annie Hoot, an owl who loves to knit and make things for others. She tries to make outfits for her friends at home, but her friends decline the clothes because they don't want to be different from one another. Annie stops insisting and goes on to help other animals around the world, like in Africa and Antarctica. The book uses lots of interesting language that focuses on specific letter sounds. For example, "Annie makes polka-dot pullovers for penguins." This book would ...more
Anna
It's a super story, with lovely illustrations, and it combines two things that I love - owls AND knitting.

That being said, I have to mention that this book perpetuates the great North Pole animals myth.

PENGUINS AND POLAR BEARS DO NOT LIVE IN THE SAME HABITAT!
I realize it's a story and not a science book, but misinformation drives me batty, particularly in books for children.
Bruno
I loved the concept and wanted to love the book, but ended up liking it a lot instead. Ahem.
As an owl-loving knitter, I did want to love this unfortunately underwhelming book. Annie Hoot travels around the world, knits for different animals (some of which don't actually live anywhere close to one another, but it's a story about a knitting owl, so I guess I'll give it a pass), and then returns home to find her friends have had a change of heart about her knitting.

While the illustrations salvaged it for me, I just can't get past the the ending "'Please teach us to knit too.'" & "they
Amy
Jul 24, 2011 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kidz
Natalie
An story in which an owl knits. Nothing groundbreaking, but this should have mass appeal to 30 something hipster gals with an owl + knitting fetish. I did enjoy seeing the animals dressed in their handmades.
Heather
Only complaint: penguins do not live in the Artic. That would be the Antartic.

But other than that, LOVE! KNITTING! OWLS! KNITTING OWLS! So adorable. I wish it came with the patterns.
Cat Fithian
Cute story, great knitting tie-in, colorful pictures. This had the potential to be roll-your-eyes cutesy but it isn't, which is good. I would read this aloud to kids.
Miss Melissa
So fun and wonderful, until I saw the penguins with the polar bears. Not okay! Polar Bears are at the North Pole and Penguins live at the South Pole!
Charlotte
Automatic one-star deduction for having both polar bears AND penguins at the North Pole. Charlotte doesn't care, but I do.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
I mostly like this book. But I don't like how polar bears and penguins live together. That is silly.
Mckinley
Owl tries to find others to wear her knitting.
Debbie Canapp
Debbie Canapp marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jun 16, 2014
Ybgenny
Ybgenny marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Kathryne
Kathryne marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Wizard of Oz Big Bouffant Big Birthday How to Be a Ballerina Elephant White. Will Brenton