Start by marking “Annie Hoot and the Knitting Extravaganza” as Want to Read:
Annie Hoot and the Knitting Extravaganza

Annie Hoot and the Knitting Extravaganza

Knit, knit, knit! Annie Hoot loves to knit. But the other owls refuse to wear her colorful creations. So Annie knits herself a hot air balloon and sets off to find some animals who will appreciate her talents. What can she make for the rainforest animals? African animals? Polar animals? And what will she discover when she returns home?
Published September 1st 2010 by Andersen Press

To ask other readers questions about Annie Hoot and the Knitting Extravaganza, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Annie Hoot and the Knitting Extravaganza

Karina
This cute story is about Annie Hoot, an owl who loves to knit and make things for others. She tries to make outfits for her friends at home, but her friends decline the clothes because they don't want to be different from one another. Annie stops insisting and goes on to help other animals around the world, like in Africa and Antarctica. The book uses lots of interesting language that focuses on specific letter sounds. For example, "Annie makes polka-dot pullovers for penguins." This book would ...more
Anna
Aug 04, 2010 Anna rated it really liked it
It's a super story, with lovely illustrations, and it combines two things that I love - owls AND knitting.

That being said, I have to mention that this book perpetuates the great North Pole animals myth.

PENGUINS AND POLAR BEARS DO NOT LIVE IN THE SAME HABITAT!
I realize it's a story and not a science book, but misinformation drives me batty, particularly in books for children.
Rachel
Annie Hoot loves to knit, especially for other birds. Her friends don't appreciate her gifts though, so she travels around the world knitting for other birds and animals. Eventually she decides to come home where her friends had missed her and her knitting and finally agreed to be taught how to knit themselves. Recommended for ages 4-7, 3 stars.

Ok, first off, I love books about owls and especially children's books that add crocheting or knitting to the story. The distance between the different
Jan 07, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok
As an owl-loving knitter, I did want to love this unfortunately underwhelming book. Annie Hoot travels around the world, knits for different animals (some of which don't actually live anywhere close to one another, but it's a story about a knitting owl, so I guess I'll give it a pass), and then returns home to find her friends have had a change of heart about her knitting.

While the illustrations salvaged it for me, I just can't get past the the ending "'Please teach us to knit too.'" & "they
Amy
Jul 24, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kidz
Natalie
Oct 20, 2010 Natalie rated it it was ok
An story in which an owl knits. Nothing groundbreaking, but this should have mass appeal to 30 something hipster gals with an owl + knitting fetish. I did enjoy seeing the animals dressed in their handmades.
Alice
Jan 20, 2015 Alice rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-75-stars
3.75 Stars I like to crochet...Knitting...haven't tried and I don't have much of an interest...BUT-- this was cute book about an owl how makes sweaters and hats and balloons sails etc. Cute book!
Joella www.cinjoella.com
I mostly like this book. But I don't like how polar bears and penguins live together. That is silly.
Mckinley
Aug 05, 2014 Mckinley rated it it was ok
Owl tries to find others to wear her knitting.
Heather
Sep 03, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, knitting
Only complaint: penguins do not live in the Artic. That would be the Antartic.

But other than that, LOVE! KNITTING! OWLS! KNITTING OWLS! So adorable. I wish it came with the patterns.
Miss Melissa
So fun and wonderful, until I saw the penguins with the polar bears. Not okay! Polar Bears are at the North Pole and Penguins live at the South Pole!
Charlotte
Mar 11, 2011 Charlotte rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-book
Automatic one-star deduction for having both polar bears AND penguins at the North Pole. Charlotte doesn't care, but I do.
Cat Fithian
Cute story, great knitting tie-in, colorful pictures. This had the potential to be roll-your-eyes cutesy but it isn't, which is good. I would read this aloud to kids.
Car
Car rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Jules Spriddle
Jules Spriddle rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2015
Josie
Josie rated it liked it
May 27, 2010
Maureen
Maureen rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Holly
Holly rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Sarah Hibbitts
Sarah Hibbitts rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2011
Elisabeth Ellington
Elisabeth Ellington rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Isabella
Isabella rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2013
John
John rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2010
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2012
Lana Tanguma
Lana Tanguma rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2014
Hannah
Jan 05, 2012 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute! I loved the illustrations and the bright yarn.
Jennifer Hill
Jennifer Hill rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2017
Rowan
Rowan rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016