Start by marking “Big Sky Standoff” as Want to Read:
Big Sky Standoff

Big Sky Standoff (Montana Mystique #3)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  9 reviews
LIKE A SHOWDOWN IN THE OLD WEST...THERE WOULD BE ONLY ONE MAN STANDING WHEN THE DUST CLEARED

There was a standoff brewing between Dillon Savage and cattle inspector Jacklyn Wilde. Toe to toe, they were an equal match, but together they were an imperfect pair. After four long years, they were hitting the open range again, to bring justice to a lawless land.

Attached at the hi
Published February 1st 2007 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Big Sky Standoff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Sky Standoff

Kristi
Sometimes it's good to sit down and read a book just for the sheer enjoyment of it. This book had action, suspense and romance. It didn't take long to read because the story moved pretty fast.

I liked the characters right from the start and by about midpoint through the book, I really really like Dillon.

I do wish there had been more of a description of him, though. All I really got out of it was that he had pale blue eyes.

Good read!
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Pretty good I suppose, the stubbornness of the main character got a little annoying after awhile though.
Aimee
April
I love B.J. Daniels' stories....usually. This is the only one of her books that I remember reading just to get through with it, rather than to get to the end. One of the reasons was that the couple just didn't seem to match. She had her reasons there, I guess, for why she thought they worked, but it just didn't work for me. Neither of the characters seemed to be as real as her others. The mystery was far too easy, I knew as soon as I was introduced to the character that they were the villain. An ...more
Anita Fleming
Jacklyn Wilde arrested Dillon Savage 4 years ago for cattle rustling. Now she is getting him released in order to help her capture another gang of rustlers in his old territory. Jack believes that Dillon is the mastermind even from prison. Dillon is a really intelligent guy, with 3 college degrees to prove it. Bad blood, nasty neighbors and a son who can't seen to win the approval of his father.

Why don't they just put chips in the cows? You chip a dog and you lojack a car. At $1,000 a pop it wo
Cristian Iglesias
I found this book at a bar and took it home to read. Daniels gives great descriptive visuals, you pick up on the character's personalities immediately. The book was fun to read but the romance in it was a bit of a turn off. The chemistry between Wilde and Dillon was entertaining but Wilde was just too paranoid about their "relationship". I was hoping for more of a tragic ending but sadly this one ends happily. Overall, good read to pass the day.
Silverana
The book was ok. I think what I liked the most from the story was how Dillon often teased Jack. Jack on the other hand was a little hard to understand. Her feelings regarding Dillon were confusing and I got really annoyed how she kept saying Dillon was running the rustling and how forcefully she would say it.

This has a slow feel to it as a lot of the B.J. Daniels books have to them. There was some action but not a lot of excitement.
Emily Higgins
Jackyln Wilde obtains an early release from jail for Dillon Savage so that he can help her track down and arrest cattle rustlers. Jacklyn suspects that Dillon has been running the cattle theft operation from jail. Set in Montana, this is B. J. Daniels usual well-written western romance.
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Alexadria Vorndran
Alexadria Vorndran marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Brenda Holdren
Brenda Holdren marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
B C
B C marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Angel Bailey
Angel Bailey marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • Lake Magic
  • Heart of Gold (Loveswept, No 393; Rainbow Chasers, #1)
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3855)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle + Driven to Distraction + Taken for a Ride
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Michael's Discovery (The Devaneys #3)
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)
  • The Cheating Curve
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Love, Life and Linguine
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc
More about B.J. Daniels...
Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1) The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2) Justice at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #2) Unforgiven (Beartooth, Montana, #1) Branded