Start by marking “Big Sky Standoff” as Want to Read:
Big Sky Standoff
Preview

Big Sky Standoff (Montana Mystique #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  9 reviews
LIKE A SHOWDOWN IN THE OLD WEST...THERE WOULD BE ONLY ONE MAN STANDING WHEN THE DUST CLEARED

There was a standoff brewing between Dillon Savage and cattle inspector Jacklyn Wilde. Toe to toe, they were an equal match, but together they were an imperfect pair. After four long years, they were hitting the open range again, to bring justice to a lawless land.

Attached at the hi
Published February 1st 2007 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Big Sky Standoff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Sky Standoff

Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Sometimes it's good to sit down and read a book just for the sheer enjoyment of it. This book had action, suspense and romance. It didn't take long to read because the story moved pretty fast.

I liked the characters right from the start and by about midpoint through the book, I really really like Dillon.

I do wish there had been more of a description of him, though. All I really got out of it was that he had pale blue eyes.

Good read!
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Pretty good I suppose, the stubbornness of the main character got a little annoying after awhile though.
Aimee
April
I love B.J. Daniels' stories....usually. This is the only one of her books that I remember reading just to get through with it, rather than to get to the end. One of the reasons was that the couple just didn't seem to match. She had her reasons there, I guess, for why she thought they worked, but it just didn't work for me. Neither of the characters seemed to be as real as her others. The mystery was far too easy, I knew as soon as I was introduced to the character that they were the villain. An ...more
Anita
Jacklyn Wilde arrested Dillon Savage 4 years ago for cattle rustling. Now she is getting him released in order to help her capture another gang of rustlers in his old territory. Jack believes that Dillon is the mastermind even from prison. Dillon is a really intelligent guy, with 3 college degrees to prove it. Bad blood, nasty neighbors and a son who can't seen to win the approval of his father.

Why don't they just put chips in the cows? You chip a dog and you lojack a car. At $1,000 a pop it wo
Cristian Iglesias
I found this book at a bar and took it home to read. Daniels gives great descriptive visuals, you pick up on the character's personalities immediately. The book was fun to read but the romance in it was a bit of a turn off. The chemistry between Wilde and Dillon was entertaining but Wilde was just too paranoid about their "relationship". I was hoping for more of a tragic ending but sadly this one ends happily. Overall, good read to pass the day.
Silverana
The book was ok. I think what I liked the most from the story was how Dillon often teased Jack. Jack on the other hand was a little hard to understand. Her feelings regarding Dillon were confusing and I got really annoyed how she kept saying Dillon was running the rustling and how forcefully she would say it.

This has a slow feel to it as a lot of the B.J. Daniels books have to them. There was some action but not a lot of excitement.
Emily Higgins
Jackyln Wilde obtains an early release from jail for Dillon Savage so that he can help her track down and arrest cattle rustlers. Jacklyn suspects that Dillon has been running the cattle theft operation from jail. Set in Montana, this is B. J. Daniels usual well-written western romance.
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Mar 30, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 25, 2015
Neill
Neill marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Pippi
Pippi added it
Mar 08, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Caroline G'wattage
Caroline G'wattage marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Patricia Street
Patricia Street marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
RT
RT added it
Feb 05, 2015
carole ladouceur
carole ladouceur marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Lake Magic
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle + Driven to Distraction + Taken for a Ride
  • Heart of Gold (Loveswept, No 393; Rainbow Chasers, #1)
  • The Cheating Curve
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3855)
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Patrick's Destiny (The Devaneys #4)
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc
More about B.J. Daniels...

Montana Mystique (4 books)
  • Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1)
  • Keeping Christmas
  • Justice at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #2)
Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1) The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2) Justice at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #2) Unforgiven (Beartooth, Montana, #1) Branded