Start by marking “The Belly Fat Cure™ Fast Track: Discover the Ultimate Carb Swap™ and Drop Up to 14 lbs. the First 14 Days” as Want to Read:

BELLY BAD                                                           THE                                                        BELLY BEST
Hidden Sugar = 6g                                           ULTIMATE                                           Hidden Sugar = 0g
High-fructose corn syrup,                            CARB SWAP™                    Real chocolate, no artific
Spiral-bound, 272 pages
Published September 13th 2011 by Hay House (first published December 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Belly Fat Cure™ Fast Track, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Belly Fat Cure™ Fast Track

Darren
May 04, 2012 Darren rated it really liked it
Another lose weight book that promises results if you are prepared to put the time and effort in. Sounds simple, huh? But like many similar books of its genre, the success or failure of a given programme can depend a lot on the person undertaking it.

The key message of this book is that you need to watch what you eas, noting that not every so-called healthy food item is, in fact, so healthy for you as they can be full of hidden sugars and other nasties. It might promise "low fat" but it doesn't e
Annette
Jan 15, 2012 Annette rated it liked it
I read this book last night. It was very interesting. I think at least some of the arguments for this type of diet sound reasonable to me. I might like to give this one a try. As always, I have to get psyched up real good first though. I was real excited about it last night, but already today I am starting to pick the diet apart and wonder if I can really do this. It is only a 14-day diet, but I have failed at diets in less than 14 days before... I know I'm addicted to sugars and carbs and could ...more
Cara
Dec 12, 2011 Cara rated it liked it
Shelves: food, health
The premise here is that sugar (in all forms in food) triggers insulin, which causes fatness. So eat only the most nutrition-packed carb-things (i.e., vegetables) while basing your diet mostly on protein and natural fat, and your belly will fall off. No milk, though cream and most cheeses are ok. No grains whatsoever, no legumes, little or no fruit. Try it for two weeks, then stick with it when you're shocked at the boundless energy and lust for life you discover!

I have no idea whether any of th
Suzanne Barrett
Jan 04, 2012 Suzanne Barrett rated it it was amazing
Last year I purchased Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure and followed it with decent results. A few weeks ago, I picked up the fast Track at my local Costco after being impressed with all the testimonials and recipes (another reviewer stated that the first Belly Fat Cure was more about modifying fast foods, which is true, though you have to try Jorge's Bacon Pizza, Asian Salad and Tacos with Chipotle Crema-these have become staples at our house).

Jorge briefly describes belly fat and its dangers, then
Cheryl
Jun 27, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
We've done the South Beach Diet with success but gained it back. Tried Weight Watchers, but I just can't count points. This sounds easier and it does not restrict the foods you eat as much - more similar to Atkins in that regard. Although, Jorge Cruise will point out the similarities stop there. I like that I don't have to eat all low fat or no fat foods, and (here's the big one) - I am allowed under 1 oz of chocolate (dark, at least 85% cocoa) - but after eliminating carbs it tastes good! My hu ...more
Teri
Apr 06, 2012 Teri rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
I like the advice and information, I don't like the informercials (ps Jorge I already bought the book!). I didn't think that many case stories are necessary, perhaps in the sales propaganda but I'd rather have read more information as to what exactly to do, I hadn't read the first book but he refers to it a lot. Perhaps he should have re-referenced the information (although he probably wants us to go buy the first book too of course).
Lachell
Jan 11, 2013 Lachell rated it really liked it
I have been reading a lot about the role that insulin plays in storing fat. As someone who has been trying to lose weight, and was just recently diagnosed as insulin resistant, I found the information helpful. The Schwarzbein Principle has much more detailed information, but I like Jorge's fun style and simplistic approach.
Rahe
Feb 20, 2016 Rahe rated it really liked it
it's a fast simple read. very similar to the paleo concept. stay away from suger in all forms eat healthy meat and fat and exercise and you will lose your unhealthy weight. I like how he actually does mention that the progress can't be measured with a scale. ( how you feel,energy etc.)
it's a good starting guide for healthy living. nothing groundbreaking though.
Gill
May 14, 2012 Gill rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, food
Did not help me loose weight. Not specific enough and WAY to many success stories...
Penny
May 01, 2016 Penny rated it it was ok
I did not find this book all that beneficial.
Liz
Apr 04, 2012 Liz rated it it was amazing
A really nice book and non-nonsense approach to weight loss.
Cathlene Burk
Cathlene Burk rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Joe L
Joe L rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2013
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Jeannie
Jeannie rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Sue Green
Sue Green rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2013
Daniela Benavides Vasquez
Daniela Benavides Vasquez rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Lwarner
Lwarner rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2016
Shirley
Shirley rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2014
Barb
Barb rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Kishna
Kishna rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2014
Michelle S. Houck
Michelle S. Houck rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Chrystal Mahan
Chrystal Mahan rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it did not like it
Dec 05, 2008
Gillycat
Gillycat rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2011
Rob Mullins
Rob Mullins rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2015
Wellingtonslp
Wellingtonslp rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Western Garden Book of Edibles: The Complete A-Z Guide to Growing Your Own Vegetables, Herbs, and Fruits
  • Messages: The Communication Skills Book
  • The Owner's Manual for the Brain: Everyday Applications from Mind-Brain Research
  • Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage: America's Love Lab Experts Share Their Strategies for Strengthening Your Relationship
  • Eat to Live Cookbook: 200 Delicious Nutrient-Rich Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health
  • How to Improve Your Marriage Without Talking About It: Finding Love Beyond Words
  • The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires
  • You Grow Girl
  • UnDiet: Eat Your Way To Vibrant Health
  • Skinny Italian: Eat It and Enjoy It - Live La Bella Vita and Look Great, Too!
  • Recipes From My Home Kitchen : Asian And American Comfort Food
  • Yoga for Pain Relief: Simple Practices to Calm Your Mind and Heal Your Chronic Pain
  • The Belly Fat Diet: Lose Your Belly, Shed Excess Weight, Improve Health
  • The Boozy Baker: 75 Recipes for Spirited Sweets
  • Zig Zag: The Surprising Path to Greater Creativity
  • Still Here: Embracing Aging, Changing and Dying
  • The Science of Skinny: Start Understanding Your Body's Chemistry--and Stop Dieting Forever
  • The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics: A Philosophy for achieving a Radiant Mind and a Fabulous Body

“What normal Americans are willing to implement the strategies they use on that show, let alone capable of doing so?! I” 0 likes