Start by marking “Monsters Don't Scuba Dive (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #14)” as Want to Read:
Monsters Don't Scuba Dive (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #14)

Monsters Don't Scuba Dive (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #14)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  516 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The hugely popular early chapter book series re-emerges with a new look! Brand-new eye-catching cover art brings a modern feel to this classic monster series for young readers.

The new swimming instructor at Camp Lone Wolf, Nessie McFarland, is anything but normal. And when she's in her scuba gear, Nessie's skinny black body, long neck, and little head remind the kids of th
Published May 1st 1995 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Monsters Don't Scuba Dive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monsters Don't Scuba Dive

Seth
jessie was their new swimming teacher. she taught them to scuba dive. they thought she was a monster! eddie almost drowned! eddie said he didn't almost drown when he did!
Micaela Semien
This was one of my favorite stories out of all of them.
Dolly
Jul 27, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the fourteenth book in the The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids series. We've only read a couple of them so far, but our oldest really likes them. It's in the middle, so we get the feeling that we're missing out on some of the background history of the kids. But it's a fun story and we are looking forward to reading more books in this series.
Kimberly
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Bubacar Ndoye
The summary of this book is The Baliey school kids are on their vacation and they go to Camp Lne Wolf,where they think their swmiming coach is a monster,and they want to catch it and tell it to the world,but in the end they learned monster should not be bothered so they left it a lone and told the reportes their are no monsters.Iwould recomened this book if you like funny exciting and and mysteirous books
Catherine Woodman
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
Mari Anne
2.5 stars. Cute but kind of simplistic with barely a plot. Aidan picked it because of the sea monster angle. He liked it but I don't know that it inspired him to pick up anymore in Bailey School Kids series. A quick read with nice short, fast chapters. Okay, probably best for early readers in grades 1 - 3.
Molly
Nov 11, 2012 Molly added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
Twyla
There was someone that was like a monster.It wasn't a monster because she rescued someone.Auryn 8yo
Adrian
crazy book..been a long time since i read it so i would have to read it again.
Tamara
Okay. Simple plot. Ambiguous ending as always in this series.
Lauren
This series of book was just funny and entertaining as a kid!
Kirsten
I liked this one because the monster was nice and gentle.
Christine
Ah, my childhood.
Alexandra Hearn
Alexandra Hearn marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Jessy
Jessy marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Cleo Reads
Cleo Reads marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Monica Martin
Monica Martin marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Shaday
Shaday marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
  • Horrible Harry's Secret
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Journey to the Volcano Palace (The Secrets of Droon, #2)
  • Sinister Spiders of Saginaw (Michigan Chillers)
  • The Mystery in the Old Attic (The Boxcar Children Special, #9)
  • Girls Don't Have Cooties
  • Mrs. Kormel Is Not Normal! (My Weird School, #11)
  • Arthur Goes to Camp (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • The Berenstain Bears Blaze a Trail
  • The Forgotten (Animorphs, #11)
  • Stallion by Starlight (Magic Tree House, #49)
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...
Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1) Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2) Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4) Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #12) Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #16)