Start by marking “Monsters Don't Scuba Dive” as Want to Read:
Monsters Don't Scuba Dive

Monsters Don't Scuba Dive (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #14)

The hugely popular early chapter book series re-emerges with a new look! Brand-new eye-catching cover art brings a modern feel to this classic monster series for young readers.
The new swimming instructor at Camp Lone Wolf, Nessie McFarland, is anything but normal. And when she's in her scuba gear, Nessie's skinny black body, long neck, and little head remind the kids of t
Published May 1st 1995 by Scholastic Paperbacks

Jerome
Apr 24, 2015 Jerome rated it liked it
Another interesting, adventurous tale. The kids are back at Camp Lone Wolf. As usual, the camp has a new instructor with some monster-like qualities that meet the camp’s hiring requirements. The instructor in question is teaching the campers how to scuba dive. Due to her unusual behavior and Scottish background, the kids suspect her of being the Loch Ness monster.

This book can get a little confusing. The mystery at times is whether or not the camp’s lake is home to a Loch Ness-type monster, and
Seth
Oct 02, 2014 Seth rated it it was ok
Shelves: by-myself
jessie was their new swimming teacher. she taught them to scuba dive. they thought she was a monster! eddie almost drowned! eddie said he didn't almost drown when he did!
Miri
Mar 06, 2015 Miri rated it liked it
The Bailey school kids are certain the new swimming teacher at camp is the Loch Ness Monster, what are they going to do?
Micaela Semien
Aug 31, 2014 Micaela Semien rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite stories out of all of them.
Bclaar
Sep 15, 2016 Bclaar added it
i love it
Dolly
Jul 27, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the fourteenth book in the The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids series. We've only read a couple of them so far, but our oldest really likes them. It's in the middle, so we get the feeling that we're missing out on some of the background history of the kids. But it's a fun story and we are looking forward to reading more books in this series.
Kimberly
Sep 16, 2014 Kimberly rated it liked it
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Bubacar Ndoye
Jul 18, 2012 Bubacar Ndoye rated it it was ok
The summary of this book is The Baliey school kids are on their vacation and they go to Camp Lne Wolf,where they think their swmiming coach is a monster,and they want to catch it and tell it to the world,but in the end they learned monster should not be bothered so they left it a lone and told the reportes their are no monsters.Iwould recomened this book if you like funny exciting and and mysteirous books
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it liked it
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
Mari Anne
Oct 07, 2012 Mari Anne rated it it was ok
Shelves: mg-ya
2.5 stars. Cute but kind of simplistic with barely a plot. Aidan picked it because of the sea monster angle. He liked it but I don't know that it inspired him to pick up anymore in Bailey School Kids series. A quick read with nice short, fast chapters. Okay, probably best for early readers in grades 1 - 3.
Molly
Nov 11, 2012 Molly added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
Twyla
Feb 05, 2012 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
There was someone that was like a monster.It wasn't a monster because she rescued someone.Auryn 8yo
Adrian
Sep 12, 2008 Adrian rated it liked it
crazy book..been a long time since i read it so i would have to read it again.
Tamara
Feb 25, 2012 Tamara rated it it was ok
Okay. Simple plot. Ambiguous ending as always in this series.
Lauren
May 02, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
This series of book was just funny and entertaining as a kid!
Kirsten
Jul 16, 2015 Kirsten rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
I liked this one because the monster was nice and gentle.
great when ur little
Christine
Mar 05, 2013 Christine rated it liked it
Ah, my childhood.
Sanjana
Jun 21, 2008 Sanjana rated it liked it
3rd fav!
Isabel
Isabel marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Aimee
Aimee added it
Sep 18, 2016
Shaylee J
Shaylee J rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Sarah Maxfield
Sarah Maxfield marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Kari
Kari rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Uyen
Uyen marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
  • Horrible Harry's Secret
  • Fourth Grade Is A Jinx
  • The Pagemaster
  • The Mystery in the Old Attic (The Boxcar Children Special, #9)
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • Sinister Spiders of Saginaw (Michigan Chillers, #9)
  • Journey to the Volcano Palace (The Secrets of Droon, #2)
  • Josefina's Surprise: A Christmas Story (American girls: Josefina #3)
  • The X'ed-out X-ray (A to Z Mysteries, #24)
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • The True Story of Pocahontas (Step Into Reading, Step 3)
  • The Happy Hollisters and the Secret of the Lucky Coins (Happy Hollisters, #22)
  • Mrs. Kormel Is Not Normal! (My Weird School, #11)
  • The Berenstain Bears Go on a Ghost Walk
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)