Start by marking “Uproot U.S. Health Care: To Reform Health Care” as Want to Read:
Uproot U.S. Health Care: To Reform Health Care

Uproot U.S. Health Care: To Reform Health Care

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The “sickness” of our healthcare system affects everyone in our country. Washington cannot fix this broken system. Tweaking what we now have will not make it work. Only the public can fix healthcare. Uproot U.S. Healthcare is written for the average reader. It shows the root causes of healthcare system sickness, why prior attempts to fix it have failed, why recent healthca ...more
Published April 22nd 2010 by ADM Books (first published February 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Uproot U.S. Health Care, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uproot U.S. Health Care

Deane Waldman, MD MBA
For individuals who wish to have a better understanding of healthcare, Uproot U.S. Healthcare, by Deane Waldman, M.D., MBA, is an excellent resource. The book is an eye-opener—explaining what the public can do to get the health care they need. I found it interesting that approximately two-thirds of the book relates the root causes of a broken healthcare system while the latter one-third addresses how to fix it. This is logical since the author depicts our healthcare system as a sick patient, an ...more
Dolly
Jan 08, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of non-fiction
I received this book for free through Goodreads giveaways and it certainly met my expectations. I thought it would be a well-researched and thoughtful look at the U.S. Healthcare industry and the government regulations that control it. The book isn't very long, but it's rather readable; I was actually surprised that there weren't more words that I didn't already know. It comes across as didactic and dry in a few places, but less so than I anticipated.

I have participated in managed healthcare thr
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
It is obvious that this book was written for the layperson, but I still found it difficult to follow. It appears to be well-researched, but the entire healthcare system is almost too big to cover, explain and provide solutions for in one book. It might be useful for a college course discussing the healthcare system, but I'm not sure I would recommend it for someone who just wants to know what's wrong with the healthcare system as a whole.
Deane Waldman
May 10, 2011 Deane Waldman added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Everyone needs to read this book. It provides a basis for effective national dialogue and that, believe it or not, is the first step to curing healthcare. Until we agree on principles, we cannot create a system that works.
Rebecca
I had to give up about 25 pages into this book. It was not written for the average person to read. It reads like a college textbook and is very dry. I'm sure a different audience was intended for this.
Dominique
Dominique marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Dave Shahani
Dave Shahani marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2012
Marcy
Marcy marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2011
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
May 19, 2011
Chelsea Northrop
Chelsea Northrop marked it as to-read
May 16, 2011
Lulu
Lulu marked it as to-read
Yy
Yy marked it as to-read
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Teresa Rhyne
Teresa Rhyne marked it as to-read
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Jennifer MacDonald
Jennifer MacDonald marked it as to-read
Tami Montano
Tami Montano marked it as to-read
Kimberly Aguilera
Kimberly Aguilera marked it as to-read
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 14, 2011
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
May 14, 2011
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 13, 2011
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
May 13, 2011
Shari
Shari marked it as to-read
May 12, 2011
Margaretann Rice
Margaretann Rice marked it as to-read
May 11, 2011
MINDQUEST REVIEW OF BOOKS: UPROOT U.S. HEALTHCARE 1 2 Feb 18, 2011 11:58AM
Healthcare dialogue should include Spanish speakers 1 1 Feb 18, 2011 11:47AM
Deane Waldman gives talks, hosts a Newsletter, and writes books solely to practice good medicine on a critically ill patient whose name is ... Healthcare.

Deane's education and training were at: Yale, Chicago Med (MD), Mayo Clinic, Northwestern, Harvard, and Anderson Schools (MBA). Deane has published over 400 articles and three books. He has been Chief of Cardiology at San Diego Children's Hospita
More about Deane Waldman...
The Cancer in Healthcare: How Greed Is Killing What We Love Uproot U.S. Healthcare, 2nd Expanded Edition Not Right!: A Healthcare Dialogue