The Sacred Art of Lovingkindness: Preparing to Practice

The Sacred Art of Lovingkindness: Preparing to Practice

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  6 reviews
We are all born in the image of God, but living out the likeness of God is a choice. This inspiring, practical guidebook provides you with the tools you need to realize the divinity within yourself, recognize the divinity within others, and act on the obligation to manifest God's infinite compassion in your own life.

Guided by Rabbi Rami Shapiro, you will explore Judaism's...more
Published May 1st 2006 by Skylight Paths Publishing (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Sacred Art of Lovingkindness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sacred Art of Lovingkindness

Bonnie Buckner
An essential guide to finding the quiet moments of stillness inside, and the utter joy of walking this planet. It’s practical, funny, deep, and so-very human. Rabbi Shapiro pulls from Jewish, Christian, and Buddhist teachings, peppering the book with anecdotes of his own stumblings through life that often made me giggle, and always made me grateful that we’re all in the same wobbly boat of doing our best, and that we have teachings to help guide that boat.
Steve Woods
While Shapiro is a Rabbi and I just personally cannot accept the idea of a supreme being, particularly the idea of some operating intelligence which displays human traits of any kind the good rabbi does touch on things with which I have become familiar to me, things which are not of self and which do offer me some guidance in living my life. In fact some of his observations are helpful in forming my own thoughts around matters spiritual which have become so importnat to me in recent years. Inpor...more
Reid Boehm
This will be on the shelf by my bed for a long time to come. So beautifully written and thoughtfully presented... in a way that one can apply directly to their daily life - especially on those bad days - it helps me mentally regroup.
Sandy
Just a really great look at kindness and things you can practically do to be intentional and make it a habit. Rabbi Rami is Jewish (& Buddhist) but draws from a wide range of traditions. A lot of food for thought here and I'll be reading this a few more times.
Naomi
More wisdom from Rami Shapiro on practicing lovingkindness. Rabbi Rami grounds the text in his own Jewish teaching tradition, and also reaches out to the wisdom of many world religions.

Accessible and focused on practices.
Donna Fasano
Rabbi Rami Shapiro is a true Spiritual Master. This is a wonderful book filled with excellent advice.
Jennifer is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2014
Peggy Cook
Peggy Cook marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Caiti
Caiti marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Deborah Chesler char
Deborah Chesler char is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2014
Cecily
Cecily marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Karynne
Karynne marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Jay Stephens
Jay Stephens marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hasidic Tales: Annotated & Explained Minyan: Ten Principles for Living a Life of Integrity Ethics of the Sages: Pirke Avot--Annotated and Explained The Way of Solomon: Finding Joy and Contentment in the Wisdom of Ecclesiastes The Divine Feminine in Biblical Wisdom: Selections Annotated & Explained