Start by marking “The Sacred Art of Lovingkindness: Preparing to Practice” as Want to Read:
The Sacred Art of Lovingkindness: Preparing to Practice

The Sacred Art of Lovingkindness: Preparing to Practice

We are all born in the image of God, but living out the likeness of God is a choice. This inspiring, practical guidebook provides you with the tools you need to realize the divinity within yourself, recognize the divinity within others, and act on the obligation to manifest God's infinite compassion in your own life.

Guided by Rabbi Rami Shapiro, you will explore Judaism's
Published May 1st 2006 by Skylight Paths Publishing (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Sacred Art of Lovingkindness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sacred Art of Lovingkindness

Bonnie Buckner
Mar 05, 2013 Bonnie Buckner rated it it was amazing
An essential guide to finding the quiet moments of stillness inside, and the utter joy of walking this planet. It’s practical, funny, deep, and so-very human. Rabbi Shapiro pulls from Jewish, Christian, and Buddhist teachings, peppering the book with anecdotes of his own stumblings through life that often made me giggle, and always made me grateful that we’re all in the same wobbly boat of doing our best, and that we have teachings to help guide that boat.
Steve Woods
May 23, 2011 Steve Woods rated it it was amazing
While Shapiro is a Rabbi and I just personally cannot accept the idea of a supreme being, particularly the idea of some operating intelligence which displays human traits of any kind the good rabbi does touch on things with which I have become familiar to me, things which are not of self and which do offer me some guidance in living my life. In fact some of his observations are helpful in forming my own thoughts around matters spiritual which have become so importnat to me in recent years. Inpor ...more
Ruby
Aug 19, 2012 Ruby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading Rami Shapiro's book because of its insight into the way to become a more loving person. The most interesting part of it to me was how many different steps that included various techniques were involved in the process. Things like physically practicing things to say, meditation, visualizing, and new perspective on ways of thinking all added up to show a step by step "art" of being more kind. After reading the book, though I didnt find it to be life-changing or really motivate me ...more
Reid Boehm
Aug 18, 2014 Reid Boehm rated it it was amazing
This will be on the shelf by my bed for a long time to come. So beautifully written and thoughtfully presented... in a way that one can apply directly to their daily life - especially on those bad days - it helps me mentally regroup.
Naomi
Mar 27, 2012 Naomi rated it it was amazing
More wisdom from Rami Shapiro on practicing lovingkindness. Rabbi Rami grounds the text in his own Jewish teaching tradition, and also reaches out to the wisdom of many world religions.

Accessible and focused on practices.
Sandy
Dec 02, 2009 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion, non-fiction
Just a really great look at kindness and things you can practically do to be intentional and make it a habit. Rabbi Rami is Jewish (& Buddhist) but draws from a wide range of traditions. A lot of food for thought here and I'll be reading this a few more times.
Michael
Oct 31, 2014 Michael rated it it was amazing
Shelves: judaica
This little book is full of wisdom. Rabbi Shapiro draws from all faiths to illustrate how to embody the 13 Attributes. Many times I was touched, rereading passages. I found a lot of comfort in this book and I'm sure will continue to.
Donna Fasano
Feb 21, 2010 Donna Fasano rated it it was amazing
Rabbi Rami Shapiro is a true Spiritual Master. This is a wonderful book filled with excellent advice.
Pat
Oct 28, 2015 Pat rated it really liked it
Very calming book.
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Darcy Welch
Darcy Welch rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Allison Wonsick
Allison Wonsick rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Sunshine Jeremiah
Sunshine Jeremiah rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Linda Passmore
Linda Passmore rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2013
Tonia
Tonia rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2012
Stephanie Creasy
Stephanie Creasy rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2010
Joe Denbina
Joe Denbina rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2012
Benedict
Benedict rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2014
raquel Shantal
raquel Shantal rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2009
Nila
Nila rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2014
Sandy
Sandy rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2009
Sharon Bigger
Sharon Bigger rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2011
Kara Mcnealy
Kara Mcnealy rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2012
Alyson Ray
Alyson Ray rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2017
Ted
Ted rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2015
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2014