Of Lights in the Night; Friends and Adventure: The Everlasting and Fantastical Adventures of Elannah and Sam

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  6 reviews

Beyond the half-sleep lies a land of dreams where anything can happen....
Join Elannah and Sam as the half sleep takes them to their secret Tree-House in the Jungle ... where they meet in their dreams.
This time they're off to see Rodger the Badger, on their flying bikes - up, up into the night sky ... and onto another everlasting fantastical adventure ...
"An Adventure yo...more
Published March 15th 2010 by Outskirts Press

Stacy Eaton
Review by my 8-year old daughter:
I thought it was really, really good. It was very adventurous and had all kinds of cool things. I was very excited to see what the Troll’s Totally Titanic Terribly Triumphant Toothy Tongue Tingler firework was going to look like! I was very surprised by what happened. I think the Mr. Noonan did a good job writing this book and I am about to read A First Christmas; Friends and Festivity written by him too.

I also loved Elannah's pictures in the book!

Review by me:...more
Jack Prendergast
The best judge of a fairy tale is a child. Am I right?
I’d been racking my brains to come up with some kind of a birthday present for my nine-year-old niece, and since I don’t got no carpet crawlers of my own, I figured perhaps a few intro karate lessons or mebbe a lifelong membership of the NRA. Then it dawned on me; why not buy her a book?
Doh!
I musta trawled a zillion publications before I zeroed in on this groovy little number, and I gotta be honest, I was hooked straight away by the beautifu...more
Amanda
My review
This is a cute little book. It mostly serves as an introduction to the characters in the series. There is not a lot of action in this book; kids will have to use their imaginations (and that's not a bad thing). Sean has created an amazing dream world where anything can happen. I want to see those fireworks. :-)

Jeffrey's review
As these are kid's books, I asked Jeffrey (9) to read them and tell me what he thought. He said, "I like it, but there's not much going on." (After reading it, tho...more
Shannon McGee
After a night of fireworks with the family, bedtime comes for the younger ones, Elannah and Sam. But sleep does not stop their adventures, as they dream about meeting talking animals and wizards.

Noonan has a magical way of describing events, and I was eager to turn each page and find out what happens. The wizard’s magic fireworks names were grand like The Parrots, Pirates and Pancakes Piratical Pyrotechnics. I think every family will wish for dreams just like Elannah and Sam.
Joanne
Elannah and Sam are dreaming of flights in bikes, fireworks that are so wonderful you can't describe and friends that will remain so forever. This is a wonderful story and the book itself is filled with drawings that the author's young daughter created to fit the story. This is definitely a series of books that children and adults can learn so much from.
Sean N Noonan
The first of the series. A dream world that is full of magic. It introduces us to a host a great characters, such as Grumphspawn the Great WIzard and the Twelve Toed Ugly Troll.
A First Christmas; Friends and Festivity: Book Two of the Everlasting and Fantastical Adventures of Elannah and Sam A First Christmas: Friends and Festivity. (The Everlasting and Fantastical Adventures of Elannah and Sam)