Start by marking “Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)

Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman #2)

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  22,800 Ratings  ·  1,856 Reviews
Tatiana is eighteen years old, pregnant, and widowed when she escapes war-torn Leningrad to find a new life in America. But the ghosts of her past do not rest easily. She becomes consumed by the belief that her husband, Red Army officer Alexander Belov, is still alive and needs her desperately.

Meanwhile, oceans and continents away in the Soviet Union, Alexander barely esca
Published 2008 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Tatiana and Alexander, please sign up.

Joana Ramacciotti yes! Its a series, and you wont get all of the emotion and the attachment to the character. I for one fell in love with them while reading the first…moreyes! Its a series, and you wont get all of the emotion and the attachment to the character. I for one fell in love with them while reading the first book, AND its an amazing book; you shouldn't miss it. (less)
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina SimonsTatiana and Alexander by Paullina SimonsOutlander by Diana GabaldonThe Summer Garden by Paullina SimonsGone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
War/Romance novels
2nd out of 353 books — 474 voters
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur GoldenGone with the Wind by Margaret MitchellThe Pillars of the Earth by Ken FollettThe Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa GregoryThe Red Tent by Anita Diamant
Best Historical Fiction
284th out of 5,717 books — 22,029 voters

More lists with this book...

Regan
Jul 11, 2015 Regan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
Better than the first! Really enjoyed this one
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
We walk alone through this world, but if we’re lucky, we have a moment of belonging to something, to someone, that sustains us through a lifetime of loneliness. For an evening minute I touched him again and grew red wings and was young again in the Summer Garden, and had hope and eternal life.

I did it again guys. I binge read 500+ pages within a few hours. XD I think I've read almost 2000 pages within a span of two days! I've been finishing each book in this series in a day and I can't stop.
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 08, 2014 Aestas Book Blog rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for the most EPIC LOVE STORY EVER!! but start with book 1: The Bronze Horseman

10++ big beautiful stars and then some

WOW!!!! This second installment of The Bronze Horseman trilogy was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! This is truly the most EPIC LOVE story EVER told bar none. I am writing this review through the tears left over from reading this book.

This book was the PERFECT sequel to The Bronze Horseman. In many ways, it not so much followed it as it did complete it. While things are still very open for book 3, I felt like this book was the second half of TBH. It was utter
Annie
Oct 20, 2008 Annie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Fiction Readers, Romance Readers
Recommended to Annie by: Belinda Sheehan
If 'The Bronze Horseman' stole my heart then 'The Bridge to Holy Cross' has stolen a few weeks of my reading life. Was it worth it? Well, it still deserves 3.5 stars but I do have a few bones to pick in my review. Consider yourself warned.

This book began brilliantly. I was absolutely enthralled from the opening chapter and Simons effortlessly kept up a pace and tension that rivalled 'The Bronze Horseman'. On my birthday, I was reading it on my work break and something major was happening. As my
Amy (Foxy)
Apr 16, 2014 Amy (Foxy) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Renee

A LOVE STORY

"What about our life has ever been easy?"

Truer words were never spoken. Can these two, please, have less heartache and more happy times in Lazarevo?

My emotions ran the gamut from crying to wanting to punch someone in the throat. My heart ached for both of them as they struggled to go on with life. When times were hard I relied on Alexander's words, 'I have to have faith.'

Orbeli was introduced in TBH and we learn more about it in this book. Orbeli was the ultimate sacrifice that Ale
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 's

After finishing The Bronze Horseman how could you not continue on with this book? We were left with Tatiana believing that Alexander was dead and she was left alone and pregnant. She struggles in deciding if she should continue on with their plan and ultimately does that, working her magic and making it to America just in time to give birth.

Let me just say....

description

and not only that but it will severely test your patience! I was desperate to find out what happened but of course, nothing could
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*

5+ Stars!!! - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den
“Where did they teach you how to live after you’d lost it all? Who taught you how to go on after you had lost everything?”
~ Tatiana
This song, “My Love” by Lene Marlin (link below), is my theme song for this second book in the Tatiana and Alexander trilogy.

MY LOVE by Lene Marlin

The haunting voice and the lyrics…How my heart aches as I listen to it…Especially because every time I listen to it, now, it will forever remind me of Tatiana an
♥ Beth
Dec 09, 2010 ♥ Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

My emotions are so raw from this book.. !!

After reading The Bronze Horseman I immediately had to download book 2, Tatiana and Alexander.. this book takes up where TBH leaves off.

It also led me to the beginning of Alexander's story and into his past.. how he came to Russia, and everything that happens to him and his family from the time they arrived and then everything that happens to him and Tatiana after TBH ends..

Following TBH, this book took what was
grace
Feb 25, 2016 grace rated it really liked it
So intense and stressful!!!!!
Kim B
A Universe of Heartbreaking, Poetic Stars

"Once upon a time, young girls met young boys when the moon was full and the nights were dark, when there was a fire and singing and joking, when there was wine and taffeta and dancing, when the music was loud and the laughing, too, when one pair of eyes stared at another, and the girl's chest swelled and the boy came up close, and suddenly she looked up, he looked down and ...

Once there was first love."

What do you do … how do you go on … when your one
Kristin (KC)
Another beautifully written, 5 star read! The second installment in TBH series did not disappoint. Granted, much of it was filled with struggle, heartache, and tension, but it did not lack the eternal love and persistent hope generated in the first book.

The character development was huge, especially in Tatiana's case. She showed a remarkable growth in maturity; so much that, at times, I missed the former, more carefree Tania. I found it difficult to see Tatiana in such a massive state of longing
Ash Wednesday
Jul 12, 2013 Ash Wednesday rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance readers.. and fans of Rocky. The third one... okay, maybe all of them.
SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE BRONZE HORSEMAN

4.5 STARS
"Love is so short, forgetting is so long."
-Tonight I Can Write

I couldn't possibly choose a passage from this book that best encapsulates the theme of Tatiana and Alexander's continuing battle against the odds of World War II. So I'm nicking something from Neruda which I find fitting because Shura, for the most part of this book, sounds like a hybrid between a South American poet and... well, Chuck Norris. In fact, try reading that poem and y
Joana

*** 5++++ INFINITE, HEARTBREAKING, UNFORGETTABLE AND ALL CONSUMING STARS ***

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I just can't get over how much IN LOVE I am with these books...with this EPIC and TIMELESS story...with Tatiana and Alexander...
It truly is the most consuming and beautiful love story I ever read! Full of devotion, ache, longing, angst, despair and above all hope. If they were lucky to find each other, they will always find away towards each other. They can't conceive a world without the other in it!

So there are love
Karen
Aug 01, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I need more stars... I can't talk right now, tears are flowing.... There just aren't enough stars....
helen the bookowl
Nov 05, 2014 helen the bookowl rated it it was amazing
Finishing this book leaves me almost breathless. Throughout all of its 560 pages, I was kept captivated. My heart was in my throat and my feelings were on edge. Paullina Simons' love story between Tatiana and Alexander, combined with their fatal lives during World War II, drags me in and leaves me completely anxious inside.
Even though the storyline in this book is quite different from the first book, I loved it so much! I needed to know what would happen to our two main characters and I cared d
Angelica Barcella
Non so dire se ho amato più questo o il primo. Probabilmente ho amato entrambi con la stessa intensità e, di certo, non delude le aspettative. Tatiana & Alexander è un libro che ti distrugge e ha la capacità di farti sentire sulla pelle le ferite dei due protagonisti. Tatiana svela un lato di sè ancora più combattivo, determinato e testardo e allo stesso tempo ha una dolcezza che solo una madre può dare; Alexander mostra sangue freddo e una voglia di vivere che, nonostante ogni tanto sembra ...more
Nick Pageant
Aug 22, 2015 Nick Pageant rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alona-books, gen-fic
Oh. My. God. I gave part 1 five stars, so I guess this should get six. I'm just blown away. This is far and away one of the best books I've ever read. Highly, highly recommended to everyone, regardless of your taste in books. This truly has something for everyone. I'm exhausted and smiling.

Thanks to Alona for getting me to read this wonderful series.
Vivian
Jan 10, 2016 Vivian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"Will you remember that? Anywhere you are, if you can look up and find Perseus in the sky, find that smile, and hear the galactic wind whisper your name, you'll know that it's me, calling for you... calling you back to Lazarevo. (Alexander)”

I can't express my love enough for this series. I absolutely loved this book. Tatiana and Alexander teaches us what real love is really about. A love that war, hardship, loneliness, time and distance can't break, can't free them.

I have to say I really enjoy
M. ~ B&B
Though much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are—

Unyielding

***This review contains spoilers for The Bronze Horseman. Under no circumstances read this review if you haven't read the first book in the trilogy yet.***

Once again, Paullina Simons has rendered me speechless. This book has been emotional torture from beginning to end. I loved every page and every word I read. It was just pure perfection. I got
Katrina Passick Lumsden
The first half of this book had me worried since quite a bit of it was nothing more than flashbacks to the first book. But the flashbacks eventually faded away, and I was left to finish the rest of the tale, which was also a bit draining because I kept wondering when Alexander and Tatiana were finally going to see each other again. This book, like its predecessor, is a bit melodramatic, but Paullina Simons is a master manipulator; normally melodrama makes me roll my eyes or snicker, but this mel ...more
Anne OK
Jan 09, 2016 Anne OK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
While reading this highly emotional sequel, I found myself humming Neil Diamond’s “Coming to America” song with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Even better than the first installment and much easier to fall into. The lovers are torn apart. Tatiana is in America ripped with grief. And Alexander’s situation finds him facing execution for treason and espionage. The character development has blossomed. And the details and writing remain unapproachable. The author has a magical touch with all the his
Ana
Mar 07, 2016 Ana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't as good as the first one but it was still perfect in every single way!!
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
I am so so SO happy with this ending, you have no idea! If it turned out differently I would be raging like CRAY. But I am happy. I am satisfied. I am a little giddy XD
Célia Loureiro
Há dias, a ver uma entrevista da Paullina Simons sobre o último livro desta trilogia, “The Summer Garden” em Inglês, ou “Alexander” em Português, guardei uma frase que a autora disse. Com um sorriso melancólico, a escritora garantiu que não conhece ninguém no mundo como conhece a Tatiana e o Alexander. E, quando se cria personagens assim tão transcendentes, é natural que sejam todas elas humanas e que possamos conhecê-las melhor do que a nós próprios. Mas este livro não deveria ser chamado “Tati ...more
Silvana
Tatiana e Alexander será um daqueles casais literários para quem olharei com um carinho especial. Eles carregam uma aura mística e especial à qual eu não consigo ficar indiferente.

Este livro permite-nos conhecer melhor os dois, como duas entidades individuais, ao mesmo tempo que os seus corações estão unidos pelo traço invisível do amor.

Para mim foi complicado acompanhar o livro sem sentir um grande aperto no coração.
A Guerra transforma os homens, as mulheres, as vidas... Destrói tudo, enquanto
Olga
Before reading Tatiana and Alexander I wondered if it was possible for my heart to feel for these two even more. It was possible. It was also possible for the tiny pieces left of my fragile heart, broken after reading book #1, to be shattered even further. Yet again, I’m utterly broken.

Alone and consumed by the feeling of loss, Tatiana escapes to America. Though freed from Soviet reality, she’s imprisoned by grief, pain and hope. Hope for her beloved Alexander to be alive.

And then she would
Smitten's Book Blog

WARNING: THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR BOOK #1

Ok, that was hard. A necessary evil, I feel.

Goodness me.

Right, I'm going to admit, I did skim a little. There was quite a lot of political talk and history lessons in this book, much more so than in the first book. However, it was completely necessary, I understand that. But I did skim, and try to only take in what I absolutely needed to know.

Hey, what can I say? I needed to get Tatiana and Alexander back together ASAP.

"Shura, I'm yours. Y
Eileen
Sep 14, 2011 Eileen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
I re-read this emotional roller-coaster book that made me sob like a baby...... again. I don't deny that I have a special place in my heart for Alexander, he is definitely one of a kind.

The first book of the trilogy, "The Bronze Horseman" tells mainly the story of Tatiana and her love for Alexander in wartime Russia. A story with a very dramatic ending and I loved every single page of it!

The second book is completely different and I love it even more than the first one. In the second book Tatian
Kat
May 07, 2012 Kat rated it it was ok
The bronze horseman was perfect, absolutely perfect. This just felt too forced, and also like I was re-reading too much of the original story, unfortunately it dulled the magic of that first book. I will read book three, I can't end Tatiana and Alexander's story like this.
Debra

5 AGONIZINGLY BEAUTIFUL AND EPIC STARS.

The EPIC love story of Tatiana and Alexander continues and once again I loved every minute of it...

Review to come ~
  • And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror, #6.5)
  • The Cityscape Series (The Cityscape, #1-3)
  • The Winter Rose (The Tea Rose, #2)
  • Dusty (Dusty, #1)
  • In the Arms of the Enemy
  • Anna (The Kirov Saga, #1)
  • The Jewel of St. Petersburg (The Russian Concubine, #0)
  • Caballo de Fuego: Congo
  • Ride the Fire (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #3)
  • Nepřítel mého nepřítele (Bavettovi, #2)
  • White Gardenia
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • Sempre: Redemption (Forever, #2)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Addicted (Addicted #1)
Paullina Simons was born in Leningrad, USSR, in 1963. At the age of ten her family immigrated to the United States. Growing up in Russia Paullina dreamt of someday becoming a writer. Her dream was put on hold as she learned English and overcame the shock of a new culture.

After graduating from university and after various jobs including working as a financial journalist and as a translator Paullin
More about Paullina Simons...

The Bronze Horseman (3 books)
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • The Summer Garden (The Bronze Horseman, #3)

“We walk alone through this world, but if we're lucky, we have a moment of belonging to something, to someone, that sustains us through a lifetime of loneliness.” 315 likes
“Memory - that fiend, that cruel enemy of comfort.” 81 likes