No Place for a Lady (Harlequin Historical, #892)

No Place for a Lady (Harlequin Historical, #892)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Regency. Miss Bree Mallory has no time for the pampered aristocracy She's too taken up with running the best coaching company on the roads. But an accidental meeting with an earl changes everything....

Soon, beautiful Bree has established herself in Society. She hopes no one will discover that she once drove the stage coach from London to Newbury...or that she returned unch...more
Published May 1st 2008 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about No Place for a Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Place for a Lady

Harlequin Historical
Inspiring read!

I loved the uniqueness of the story. Bree is the perfect herione to enchant the reader. She isn't the run of the mill Ton character but completely loveable. Her hero has no idea how quickly she will work his way into his heart but once she does, he will stop at nothing to wed her. But, the fact that he may still be married to a wife he hasn't heard from for years throws obstacles in his way. The missing spouse hasn't drawn money from the bank account for long enough for him to ass...more
Linda Banche
What a great book! Exactly the type of story I like--an unconventional heroine and a nice guy hero who is utterly masculine. These characters do exist and I want more of them.

If you look closely at the cover, the hero is wearing an earring in his earlobe. The cover is incorrect. The stud he wears is not in his earlobe. Read the book for a good laugh when you find the stud's location. Talk about totally unexpected and a great deal of fun.
Judy
What a good read.

Bree Mallory is between two worlds. On her mother's side are well placed relations and her step-brother, James, is well into the ton. As for Bree and her brother Piers, they are in trade. Their mother remarried for love after the death of James's father. Now that James is getting married, they must be seen more socially and be accepted for his sake.

The Earl of Penrith, Max Dysart, has allowed his cousin to get into a race with his carriage and horses. Suddenly a stagecoach is in...more
Becky Black
Lynn Spencer
Louise Allen's books are often set during the Regency time period but they tend to offer something a little different from the norm - in this case, a heroine whose background walks an uneasy line between aristocracy and Trade.

Bree Mallory's half-brother is a viscount, but her mother's second marriage was a love match, and she married a tradesman. As a result, Bree's brother has inherited a half-interest in a stagecoach company which Bree helps to operate. This hasn't been too much of a problem u...more
Diana Escamilla
No esperaba mucho de este libro y me ha encantado.
Es una novela rosa, concentrada casi exclusivamente en la relación de Max y Bree, aún así en ningún momento la lectura se vuelve pesada o sosa y eso se debe a la peculiar protagonista, Bree. Que decir de ella, me ha encantado es decidida, sabe que es lo que quiere y lucha por ello, es divertida, sensata, toma decisiones lógicas, es sincera, es fuerte y definitivamente no es una damisela en apuros.
Es una novela sencilla, ligera, fresca, con perso...more
Tasneem
Bree and Max are wonderful characters and the plot, their romance and the people that help and hinder it are so well written. I really enjoyed seeing them fall in love. Bree's business is so unusual and interesting. I adored how she tried to be dutiful and proper yet was also so much the hoyden. A fun read.
Jo
Louise Allen does it again. A highly enjoyable story of a woman wanting to continue to contribute to the family coaching business, but being restrained by social convention as she is pulled more and more into the ton and away from her life in trade.

Shalon
another one that i think i have read before... hmmmm. well it was a very nice read anyway so i guess i can forgive myself.
Denicemarcell
only 282 pages in this edition.
reminds me of a Heyer Regency only with explicit sex.
Zinnia
Rolig och lättsam. Skön avkoppling utan krav.
Chloe Smith
Chloe Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Delorra
Delorra marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

This author also writes under the name Francesca Shaw.

I have had my nose buried in a history book - fact or fiction - for as long as I can remember, but even more important to me are the places and the objects that conjure up the past. My first attempt at historical fiction...more
More about Louise Allen...
Virgin Slave, Barbarian King Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady The Lord and the Wayward Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #1) Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress The Officer and the Proper Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #7)