Start by marking “Mated (Blood Lust, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mated (Blood Lust, #3)

Mated (Blood Lust #3)

Be small. Be invisible. It's an odd life mantra for a human woman in a world of monsters. But Jane's blood contains a touch of vampire magic, making her a target. With her faster-than-normal healing time, she's an ideal punching bag for the abusive vampire she's been living with, the one she thought might protect her this time.

Paul owes a debt to the werewolf alpha, and Co
Published May 25th 2010 by IncuBooks

To ask other readers questions about Mated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mated

Switched by Amanda HockingMy Blood Approves by Amanda HockingAngelfall by Susan EeThe Darkest Frost, Vol. 1 by Tanya HolmesFalling From Grace by S.L. Naeole
Indie Books - Paranormal Fiction
118th out of 2,456 books — 3,221 voters
The Undying by Ronnell D. PorterSomething Wicked by C.J. BakerDemon Girl by Penelope FletcherEmber by Bettie SharpeSpiderwork by L.K. Rigel
Indie Books - Paranormal Cover Love
53rd out of 389 books — 800 voters

More lists with this book...

Ruth
May 28, 2010 Ruth rated it it was amazing
This time I got smart. I waited until I had plenty of daylight left in the day to start this book. I learned early on that I can't read Zoe Winters' stuff right before bed because her books keep me up.

I enjoyed this one a lot. (I still love Anthony and Charlee in Claimed the most.) I love seeing the same characters pop up in Zoe Winters' books. It's like seeing old friends again, and for those who loved the first two books, you'll be delighted to see those main characters appear in this story.
Michelle Leah Olson
Oct 21, 2010 Michelle Leah Olson rated it really liked it
Another great read! Now I would normally say with 100% certainty that I am a vampire girl, but the more protective, sensitive, hot Werewolves I watch & read about, the more I'm starting to have a bit of a identity crisis. LOL. Oh well...I guess it doesn't hurt to love 'em all!?
Larissa
Nov 14, 2010 Larissa rated it it was amazing
Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

Blood Lust is a compilation of three Paranormal novellas, all part of Zoe Winters’ The Preternaturals Series. Each one tells the story of a couple and their journey into their Happily Ever After. All the stories are set in the same world and some characters cross over between them at times.

I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised by this book. I tend to enjoy a shorter story now and then but I do prefer full length novel
Jason Craft
Jan 21, 2011 Jason Craft rated it liked it
Once again, Zoe has shocked me with her ability to tell the oldest story in the book (boy meets girl) and actually keep it interesting. I seriously doubt a plain romance novel would keep my attention the way she did (not that I am going to test that out). The Blood Lust story keeps evolving and Mated beautifully continues the tradition.

The wolves’ subculture within Cary Town is just as meticulously crafted as the ones from the first two Blood Lust entries. You will be drawn into it along with Ja
Paige Prince
Jun 01, 2010 Paige Prince rated it it was amazing
Shelves: request
I’ve always been more of a vampire girl than a werewolf girl. I suppose that’s because I was exposed to vampires first, but it took me a while to get into the whole wolf world. And boy, am I ever sad that it took me so long to get into it.

We originally met Jane in Claimed, when she was pretending to be a vampire groupie in order to save her own life. She hooked up with Paul, who initially seemed like an ok guy (for a vampire fledge) but ended up being a complete douchebag. Cole saved her, but in
Reena Jacobs
Jul 12, 2012 Reena Jacobs rated it really liked it
Review also posted on Ramblings of an Amateur Writer: http://reenajacobs.com/blog/2010/10/n...

I quickly learned Jane was not the same wild girl she was in Claimed. Yes, I knew Jane was disturbed in a broken kind of way. I expected the right incident to set her off, and she’d go out like a blazing flame taking everyone around her with her. I was wrong. So very wrong.

I’m not sure if the spark I thought I saw in Jane was more bravado or if Paul had beaten all sense of self-worth out of her by the t
Sparklybearsy
Aug 30, 2010 Sparklybearsy rated it really liked it
Mated by Zoe Winters is Cole and Jane's story. Cole is an alpha to his wolf pack and Jane a human who is able to see the true face of vampires. Having had to pretend to be a vampire groupie to stay safe, she is taken by Cole in lieu of the debt vampire Paul owes him.
When i first initially saw Paul and Jane in 'Claimed' i really liked him, i thought this book would be their story, his character took a 180 from cheeky cocky likeable vamp to abusive and ready to pimp out his girlfriend to the high
Jun 05, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jane has been able to sense vampires since she was a child and this has meant she has lived her life in danger from the vampires who don't like the fact that she can see them. She has been forced to become a vampire groupie in the hope that one of them will turn her so her life will no longer be at risk. Abused and beaten by the vampire she had hoped would protect her it only gets worse when he gives her to the werewolf alpha Cole as payment for his gambling debt. She knows the rules of the vamp ...more
Jamie DeBree
Aug 21, 2010 Jamie DeBree rated it it was amazing
"Mated" is easily Zoe's best work to date, in my opinion. But I have to admit bias - werewolves are my all-time favorite paranormal shifters, and Cole, the alpha dog here is about as sexy and tough as they come. I fell for him myself about 3 seconds after he showed up on the page, and it only got better from there!

Jane is a very complex and emotionally screwed up woman with limited choices due to the hand she's been dealt in life. I think Zoe did an excellent job developing her from the little
Debrac2014
Feb 17, 2015 Debrac2014 rated it it was ok
This is the 3rd book of Blood Lust and it's about werewolves, humans and vamps. An ok read.
Sadie Forsythe
Mar 01, 2015 Sadie Forsythe rated it it was ok
2.5
Of the three books in the Blood Lust anthology, this was the best. But that's not saying much. It still simply wasn't very good...for most the same reasons as the previous story. There is simply no emotional development. Jane is being kept essentially hostage, she is angry about this and afraid of Cole and then from one paragraph to another she's suddenly in love. Of course, you see it coming, because that's what happens in this sort of book. But it's still far from satisfying.

Also, there st
Erica Chilson
I really enjoyed this trilogy of Novellas. The 1st was rather short but highly engrossing. The last 2 were much longer and more involved. I enjoyed the character development & the story line. This was an excellent start to a series that I hope the author will continue.
A.M.
Jul 10, 2010 A.M. rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, romance
In the previous novella "Claimed", Jane was dating the vampire Paul, who seemed like an alright guy. You soon find out how awful he is -- at the beginning of "Mated", Paul has incurred a load of debts and decides to literally use Jane to pay them off. Cole takes her as a hostage/guarantee and she ends up living with him for the duration... but Cole's pack don't make living arrangements simple.

"Mated" was a fun and entertaining read, the kind of light-hearted fiction which you devour in one sitti
J.A. Howell
Jun 01, 2012 J.A. Howell rated it really liked it
Wulfie
Oct 24, 2012 Wulfie rated it really liked it
The Blurb: Because of the vampiric blood that has run through her veins since birth, Jane has been a target for vampires who resent a human being “kindred.” She’s forced to disguise herself as a vampire groupie to appease them and safeguard her life. When she’s abruptly given to Cole, the leader of the werewolf pack, to satisfy a gambling debt, she discovers the blood running through her veins has a far greater impact on her destiny than she ever imagined.

I have to confess that this is the firs
Jacque
Nov 10, 2014 Jacque rated it really liked it
Mated has a sweet spot in my heart. I tend to like the bad boys and IMO, werewolf are the ones in the PNR world.

We met Jane in the previous book and I had the original opinion that she was a pretty tough chick. In Mated, I see a completely different side to her and she’s a bit more fragile than I originally thought. Cole is suppose to be this big bad Alpha wolf but when it comes to Jane, I think he’s a sweetie. There’s action and danger and it isn’t all caused by Jane’s special skills. This sto
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)
Another great book. I was actually thinking this would be Paul and Janes story and was a little sad to see Paul turn out to be such an ass. Who would have thought? But well Cole is so much better anyways so it was like good bye Paul, Hello Cole!!

I really have a thing for alphas! They just are so strong, protective and well yummy!! And Cole is exactly that!! We get to see a whole new side of Jane. Learn what she can do why she needed to be by the vamps and see her past. It really surprised me to
Aubrey Sanders
Aug 26, 2016 Aubrey Sanders rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. I didn't think I would because I didn't originally care for the character Jane, but she proved to be interesting and the story took a turn I wasn't expecting when I started reading it. I am however, disappointed with where the author took the character Paul. All-in-all it probably isn't one I'll re-read if that is any indicator.
Wanderlust
Jul 28, 2012 Wanderlust rated it really liked it
I normally don't review the books I have read for fear that I won't do it or the author justice. However after finishing this book a few minutes ago I felt compelled to rave about it! :)
I read another of Zoe Winters books yesterday (Save My Soul) & even though I rarely buy books (love myself a freebie) I decided that because I had enjoyed Save My Soul so much that I should buy a few of Zoe's other books. I am really pleased I did, as it was money well spent in my opinion. This book made me l
Kristie Elston
Nov 10, 2011 Kristie Elston rated it really liked it
Mated begins several months after the events of Claimed. Jane has lived her whole life afraid of vampires because of vampiric blood that runs in her veins; it allows her to see vampires and they don’t like it. She disguises herself as a vampire groupie in the hopes that the vampires won’t outright kill her. Jane is the pet of an abusive vampire and when he gets in a bind she is given away to satisfy a gambling debt. Jane is taken in by Cole, a werewolf, who sees it as his duty to keep her away f ...more
Kelly
Jun 29, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
The excerpt for this book is what interested me in the entire series. Werewolves. And a captive girl. Lovely. I'm still really, really enjoying the mythology set down here. As an added plus, that mythology is expanded further when we're introduced to a hell dimension and the incubi and succubi who inhabit it. Does this point toward more books in the series? I certainly hope so.

Jane, one of the secondary characters from Claimed, is taken by the Alpha of the local werewolf pack to take care of a d
Tara SG
Aug 17, 2010 Tara SG rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
* * * 3/4

--These books in 6 words:

romantic new paranormal world to love

--Why did I read this? And am I glad I did?

I had never heard of the series prior to Stella’s (Ex Libris) giveaway of the three novellas that kick off Zoe Winter’s Blood Lust series. I really enjoyed these books and was VERY happy to hear that they were just the beginning of a new series! I actually thought that these would make good novels. There was a little steam in two of the stories, but overall they were just great paran
Jill
Feb 15, 2015 Jill rated it liked it
This one was better than the first two. I know these were novellas, but there wasn't much development of characters or empathy. This one was more believable and entertaining than the last one. My book had the first 3 stories. I doubt if I will go further with the series.
Julissa
Jan 28, 2015 Julissa rated it really liked it
A quick wolfie romp that confirms that team wolf instead of team vampire is the way to go!
Tina
Sigh. I sooo wanted this book to be more! I thought the story was good but some of it was just not enough explanation and the romance just wasn't spicy enough for me. I think the baddie for this story didn't really make sense to me.

Will I read more by this author? Maybe if I can borrow but probably not buy.
Nic
Sep 03, 2016 Nic rated it really liked it
Recommended to Nic by: Found author on Good Reads under indie author discussion
Shelves: own-book
Again, enjoyed Zoe Winter's writing style and how she connects her characters to others in previous novellas. I like how there's backgrounds to each of her characters and they don't read as only interacting with each other. There are actually other people who exist in their world.
♡Kimberly♡
Jun 17, 2016 ♡Kimberly♡ rated it it was amazing
With two babies running around most of my reviews are typed one handed lol and made short.

I reaaly loved reading about Jane I was glad sge found honest true love... I wish the story line was longerrrr though
Rhonda
Apr 08, 2012 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
This is the first Zoe Winters book I have read. I loved it. What a wonderful mix of paranormal. Vampires, Werewolves and demons. I wish there was a Cole for everyone. He was so YUMMY!
Kristy
This one was better than the last one. I just love werewolves. :) I like how characters from each story carried over to the next book.
Kimchi
Jun 24, 2012 Kimchi rated it liked it
A vampire and a wolf come together to find love . Betrayal in their mist and a disgruntled lover . All around OK but very short.
  • Samael (Fallen Angel, #4)
  • Forsaken By Shadow (Mirus, #1.1)
  • Smart Self-Publishing: Becoming an Indie Author
  • Resurrection (Scions, #1)
  • Cattitude
  • The Wizard's Spell
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)
  • Blood, Smoke and Mirrors (Bad Witch #1)
  • Seduced by a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather, #3)
  • Night Breed (Immortal Destiny, #2)
  • Beyond the Darkening
  • Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass, #2)
  • Dark Hunger (The Brethren, #2)
  • A Vampire's Kiss (The Manigault Vampires, #1)
  • The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2)
  • Enemy Lover (L.O.S.T #1)
  • My Lord Hades (Children of Khaos, #1)
Author of paranormal romance and urban fantasy.

Book 6 in the Preternaturals series Available for Pre-order now at Amazon Kindle and Kobo Books.

Author Bio:

Zoe Winters writes quirky and sometimes dark paranormal romance and fantasy. Her favorite colors are rainbow and clear.

She is known for her preternaturals series which combines romance front story with larger urban fantasy back story which devel
More about Zoe Winters...

Blood Lust (3 books)
  • Kept (Blood Lust, #1)
  • Claimed (Blood Lust, #2)