Start by marking “Mated (Blood Lust, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mated (Blood Lust, #3)

Mated (Blood Lust #3)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  437 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Be small. Be invisible. It's an odd life mantra for a human woman in a world of monsters. But Jane's blood contains a touch of vampire magic, making her a target. With her faster-than-normal healing time, she's an ideal punching bag for the abusive vampire she's been living with, the one she thought might protect her this time.

Paul owes a debt to the werewolf alpha, and Co...more
Published May 25th 2010 by IncuBooks

To ask other readers questions about Mated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mated

My Blood Approves by Amanda HockingSwitched by Amanda HockingAngelfall by Susan EeFalling From Grace by S.L. NaeoleDark Spirits by Rebekkah Ford
Indie Books - Paranormal Fiction
95th out of 1,847 books — 2,386 voters
The Undying by Ronnell D. PorterSomething Wicked by C.J. BakerDemon Girl by Penelope FletcherSpiderwork by L.K. RigelHush Money by Susan Bischoff
Indie Books - Paranormal Cover Love
54th out of 351 books — 747 voters

More lists with this book...

Ruth
This time I got smart. I waited until I had plenty of daylight left in the day to start this book. I learned early on that I can't read Zoe Winters' stuff right before bed because her books keep me up.

I enjoyed this one a lot. (I still love Anthony and Charlee in Claimed the most.) I love seeing the same characters pop up in Zoe Winters' books. It's like seeing old friends again, and for those who loved the first two books, you'll be delighted to see those main characters appear in this story....more
Michelle Leah Olson
Another great read! Now I would normally say with 100% certainty that I am a vampire girl, but the more protective, sensitive, hot Werewolves I watch & read about, the more I'm starting to have a bit of a identity crisis. LOL. Oh well...I guess it doesn't hurt to love 'em all!?
Larissa
Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

Blood Lust is a compilation of three Paranormal novellas, all part of Zoe Winters’ The Preternaturals Series. Each one tells the story of a couple and their journey into their Happily Ever After. All the stories are set in the same world and some characters cross over between them at times.

I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised by this book. I tend to enjoy a shorter story now and then but I do prefer full length novel...more
Jason Craft
Once again, Zoe has shocked me with her ability to tell the oldest story in the book (boy meets girl) and actually keep it interesting. I seriously doubt a plain romance novel would keep my attention the way she did (not that I am going to test that out). The Blood Lust story keeps evolving and Mated beautifully continues the tradition.

The wolves’ subculture within Cary Town is just as meticulously crafted as the ones from the first two Blood Lust entries. You will be drawn into it along with Ja...more
Paige Prince
I’ve always been more of a vampire girl than a werewolf girl. I suppose that’s because I was exposed to vampires first, but it took me a while to get into the whole wolf world. And boy, am I ever sad that it took me so long to get into it.

We originally met Jane in Claimed, when she was pretending to be a vampire groupie in order to save her own life. She hooked up with Paul, who initially seemed like an ok guy (for a vampire fledge) but ended up being a complete douchebag. Cole saved her, but in...more
Reena Jacobs
Review also posted on Ramblings of an Amateur Writer: http://reenajacobs.com/blog/2010/10/n...

I quickly learned Jane was not the same wild girl she was in Claimed. Yes, I knew Jane was disturbed in a broken kind of way. I expected the right incident to set her off, and she’d go out like a blazing flame taking everyone around her with her. I was wrong. So very wrong.

I’m not sure if the spark I thought I saw in Jane was more bravado or if Paul had beaten all sense of self-worth out of her by the t...more
Sparklybearsy
Mated by Zoe Winters is Cole and Jane's story. Cole is an alpha to his wolf pack and Jane a human who is able to see the true face of vampires. Having had to pretend to be a vampire groupie to stay safe, she is taken by Cole in lieu of the debt vampire Paul owes him.
When i first initially saw Paul and Jane in 'Claimed' i really liked him, i thought this book would be their story, his character took a 180 from cheeky cocky likeable vamp to abusive and ready to pimp out his girlfriend to the high...more
Jane has been able to sense vampires since she was a child and this has meant she has lived her life in danger from the vampires who don't like the fact that she can see them. She has been forced to become a vampire groupie in the hope that one of them will turn her so her life will no longer be at risk. Abused and beaten by the vampire she had hoped would protect her it only gets worse when he gives her to the werewolf alpha Cole as payment for his gambling debt. She knows the rules of the vamp...more
Jamie DeBree
"Mated" is easily Zoe's best work to date, in my opinion. But I have to admit bias - werewolves are my all-time favorite paranormal shifters, and Cole, the alpha dog here is about as sexy and tough as they come. I fell for him myself about 3 seconds after he showed up on the page, and it only got better from there!

Jane is a very complex and emotionally screwed up woman with limited choices due to the hand she's been dealt in life. I think Zoe did an excellent job developing her from the little...more
Erica Chilson
I really enjoyed this trilogy of Novellas. The 1st was rather short but highly engrossing. The last 2 were much longer and more involved. I enjoyed the character development & the story line. This was an excellent start to a series that I hope the author will continue.
Steph
Apr 25, 2011 Steph marked it as to-read
Just noticed the same same covers ...

descriptiondescription
A.M.
In the previous novella "Claimed", Jane was dating the vampire Paul, who seemed like an alright guy. You soon find out how awful he is -- at the beginning of "Mated", Paul has incurred a load of debts and decides to literally use Jane to pay them off. Cole takes her as a hostage/guarantee and she ends up living with him for the duration... but Cole's pack don't make living arrangements simple.

"Mated" was a fun and entertaining read, the kind of light-hearted fiction which you devour in one sitti...more
J.A. Howell
Wulfie
The Blurb: Because of the vampiric blood that has run through her veins since birth, Jane has been a target for vampires who resent a human being “kindred.” She’s forced to disguise herself as a vampire groupie to appease them and safeguard her life. When she’s abruptly given to Cole, the leader of the werewolf pack, to satisfy a gambling debt, she discovers the blood running through her veins has a far greater impact on her destiny than she ever imagined.

I have to confess that this is the firs...more
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)
Another great book. I was actually thinking this would be Paul and Janes story and was a little sad to see Paul turn out to be such an ass. Who would have thought? But well Cole is so much better anyways so it was like good bye Paul, Hello Cole!!

I really have a thing for alphas! They just are so strong, protective and well yummy!! And Cole is exactly that!! We get to see a whole new side of Jane. Learn what she can do why she needed to be by the vamps and see her past. It really surprised me to...more
Wanderlust
I normally don't review the books I have read for fear that I won't do it or the author justice. However after finishing this book a few minutes ago I felt compelled to rave about it! :)
I read another of Zoe Winters books yesterday (Save My Soul) & even though I rarely buy books (love myself a freebie) I decided that because I had enjoyed Save My Soul so much that I should buy a few of Zoe's other books. I am really pleased I did, as it was money well spent in my opinion. This book made me l...more
Kristie Elston
Mated begins several months after the events of Claimed. Jane has lived her whole life afraid of vampires because of vampiric blood that runs in her veins; it allows her to see vampires and they don’t like it. She disguises herself as a vampire groupie in the hopes that the vampires won’t outright kill her. Jane is the pet of an abusive vampire and when he gets in a bind she is given away to satisfy a gambling debt. Jane is taken in by Cole, a werewolf, who sees it as his duty to keep her away f...more
Kelly
The excerpt for this book is what interested me in the entire series. Werewolves. And a captive girl. Lovely. I'm still really, really enjoying the mythology set down here. As an added plus, that mythology is expanded further when we're introduced to a hell dimension and the incubi and succubi who inhabit it. Does this point toward more books in the series? I certainly hope so.

Jane, one of the secondary characters from Claimed, is taken by the Alpha of the local werewolf pack to take care of a d...more
Tara SG
* * * 3/4

--These books in 6 words:

romantic new paranormal world to love

--Why did I read this? And am I glad I did?

I had never heard of the series prior to Stella’s (Ex Libris) giveaway of the three novellas that kick off Zoe Winter’s Blood Lust series. I really enjoyed these books and was VERY happy to hear that they were just the beginning of a new series! I actually thought that these would make good novels. There was a little steam in two of the stories, but overall they were just great paran...more
Tina
Sigh. I sooo wanted this book to be more! I thought the story was good but some of it was just not enough explanation and the romance just wasn't spicy enough for me. I think the baddie for this story didn't really make sense to me.

Will I read more by this author? Maybe if I can borrow but probably not buy.
Nic
Jan 27, 2011 Nic rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Nic by: Found author on Good Reads under indie author discussion
Shelves: own-book
Again, enjoyed Zoe Winter's writing style and how she connects her characters to others in previous novellas. I like how there's backgrounds to each of her characters and they don't read as only interacting with each other. There are actually other people who exist in their world.
♡Kimberly♡
With two babies running around most of my reviews are typed one handed lol and made short.

I reaaly loved reading about Jane I was glad sge found honest true love... I wish the story line was longerrrr though
Rhonda
This is the first Zoe Winters book I have read. I loved it. What a wonderful mix of paranormal. Vampires, Werewolves and demons. I wish there was a Cole for everyone. He was so YUMMY!
Kristy
This one was better than the last one. I just love werewolves. :) I like how characters from each story carried over to the next book.
Kimchi
A vampire and a wolf come together to find love . Betrayal in their mist and a disgruntled lover . All around OK but very short.
Serena Myles
I really enjoyed this story and loved the characters.
It was kept interesting, even though it is such a common tale.
Laura YA indie princess
my fav one out of all 3.Loved the story and is well written :0)
Barbara
i think that this book was the best out of the three.
Sabrina
Great Book, Love this author. Wish they were longer.
Cathy Wellman
So happy to see if I win the fire and the books
  • A Vampire's Kiss (The Manigault Vampires, #1)
  • Forsaken By Shadow (Mirus, #1.1)
  • Scions: Resurrection (Scions #1)
  • Sanctuary's Price (Red Rock Pass, #3)
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (The Gardella Vampire Hunters: Victoria, #1.5)
  • Night Breed (Immortal Destiny, #2)
  • Cattitude
  • Heart of Fire
  • My Lord Hades (Children of Khaos, #1)
  • Winter Wishes
  • Kiss Me, Kill Me (Includes: Dulcie O'Neil, #1.5; Wild, #3)
  • House of Immortal Pleasures
  • Enemy Lover (L.O.S.T #1)
  • Spellbound (Vampires Realm, #3.1)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Bound In Death (Bound, #5)
  • Beyond the Darkening
  • Hot Spell
Author of paranormal romance and urban fantasy.

Book 5 in the Preternaturals Series: Forbidden coming May 15, 2014.

Author Bio:

Zoe Winters writes quirky and sometimes dark paranormal romance and fantasy. Her favorite colors are rainbow and clear.

She is known for her preternaturals series which combines romance front story with larger urban fantasy back story which develops over the course of severa...more
More about Zoe Winters...
Kept (Blood Lust, #1) Save My Soul (Preternaturals, #2) Claimed (Blood Lust, #2) Blood Lust (Preternaturals, #1) The Catalyst (Preternaturals, # 3)