Start by marking “Looking Beyond: A Teen's Guide to the Spiritual World” as Want to Read:
Looking Beyond: A Teen's Guide to the Spiritual World

Looking Beyond: A Teen's Guide to the Spiritual World

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  44 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Who Do You Think You Are?
Have you ever wondered who you really are and what you are doing here? Believe it or not, the simple truth is that everything you want to know is already inside you. Renowned psychic and bestselling author James Van Praagh has learned a lot through his amazing ability to communicate with the spiritual realms, and in Looking Beyond he shares with
Published April 6th 2010 by Touchstone (first published September 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Looking Beyond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking Beyond

Ross Blocher
Apr 27, 2015 Ross Blocher rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Looking Beyond is supposed to be a guide for teens to the spiritual world. Even if that were somehow a legitimate topic, I still couldn't recommend this book - it is primarily full of obvious platitudes, too cliché to merit publishing. It's not organized very well, either, and jumps from one vague sentiment to another. So, if you were wishing there was a book that feels like a compendium of all the fortune cookies that don't actually tell your fortune, then here you go.

James Van Praagh claims to
Emmy Lou
It sounds as if van Praagh is writing to teens who want to become in tune with the spiritual world, not kids who are unconsciously tapping into it, who really need the answers. Most of this is the extreme beginners knowledge and on the point of everyone around you being your soulmates, as in the group of people you are reincarnated with time after time, is a bit sketchy to me. I'm not a believer in reincarnation, and nothing van Praagh has said has changed my stance on that issue.
Bethany
this book is hard to explain because its a guide.if howeve you are into that sort of stuff as in spirits and ghosts and finding your sixth sense then thiis is good for you.

this book is mainly aimed at teenagers as were young and got alot going for us but we have to learn that we arnt alone and spirits and soul mates will guide us through out.

i strongly recomend this book
Rowan
Oct 20, 2009 Rowan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
A high schooler's guide to psychic ability was a new concept to me, but actually clearly and concisely presented and, if basic, still rather informative.
Cheryl
Feb 13, 2012 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book in one night! Very good! :)
Sarah added it
Feb 07, 2016
Bernadette Oreilly
Bernadette Oreilly rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2016
Gaby
Gaby marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
nicole sposito
nicole sposito marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
David Savage
David Savage marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Jessica Zayas
Jessica Zayas marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Shelley VandenBerg
Shelley VandenBerg marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Marsha Ingram
Marsha Ingram marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Dristti
Dristti is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2015
Mahreen Khan
Mahreen Khan marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Kirsta Scranton
Kirsta Scranton marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Shenaz Jaffer
Shenaz Jaffer rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Gunjan Dhir
Gunjan Dhir marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Jasmine Messamore
Jasmine Messamore is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2015
Cilla Marie
Cilla Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Alexia
Alexia marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was ok
Dec 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
His very natural, easy-going style would lead you to believe that James Van Praagh is chatting with a friend on the telephone, not communicating messages from the grave. James is a survival evidence medium, meaning that he is able to bridge the gap between two planes of existence, that of the living and that of the dead, by providing evidential proof of life after death via detailed messages. "I'm ...more
More about James Van Praagh...