Start by marking “Simplify with Camille Roskelley: Quilts for the Modern Home” as Want to Read:
Simplify with Camille Roskelley: Quilts for the Modern Home

Simplify with Camille Roskelley: Quilts for the Modern Home

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  74 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Create stunning quilts and pillows with this delightful collection of projects using simple techniques and pre-cuts.
Published October 16th 2010 by C&T Publishing (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Simplify with Camille Roskelley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simplify with Camille Roskelley

Niki M
Oct 04, 2010 Niki M rated it it was amazing
Here are some bullet points I want to highlight in this wonderful quilt book:
*Great bright colorful pictures on every page
*Crystal clear instructions on how to bind your quilt for that perfect finish
*8 wonderfully easy looking quilt patterns and 4 pillow cushion patterns to match
*Patterns for scallop edging ~ A technique I've always wanted to try but just never have.
*Camille put together a tips page with some of her best tricks of the quilting trade.
*Easy cutting instructions
THE USE OF PRE-CUTS!
Joanna
Dec 14, 2011 Joanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, craft, owned
That's one of the best purchases I've ever made!

The instructions are clear - I've made my 1st quilt following Camille's instructions, so they had to be crystal-clear, right?

Pictures are lovely and they do show what you can expect from the hours of fighting (or dancing) with your sewing machine :) Each quilt has its own section, plus there are also patterns at the very end of the book (to be enlarged), plus instructions on how to make matching pillow covers.

I made 2 quilts for the time being, fo
Emilie
Jan 19, 2011 Emilie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafty-reads
Love love LOVE this book. It is perfect for the beginning or intermediate quilter who wants modern quilt patterns and tons of lucious photos and inspiration. I cannot wait to give some of these projects a go and I will be sure to update my review with finished project results and ease of following written directions.
Summer
Dec 11, 2010 Summer rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed reading this book. I learned that I don't need to wash charm packs and jellyrolls when quilting... which is fantastic!!! :) Too bad I learned the HARD way that washing, drying and ironing jellyrolls is NOT. FUN.

Can't wait to get to some of the quilts in here. :)
Krin
Jul 21, 2011 Krin rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book (and reading camille roskelley's blog). I am making one of the quilts in it this summer and want to make others that are in it too. If I find the right fabrics, there is definately one in there I want to make for my son.
Amanda
Mar 27, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
Pretty quilts and fabrics - this girl is talented. Most of the quilts used fancy machine quilting which I don't think I will ever fully attempt, so I would have like to see some of the quilts done with straight line quilting.
Dec 14, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: read-nonfiction
I've made two quilts from this book so far - in fact, one I made twice. The instructions are clear and the photography is pretty. I modified both projects a little, and both turned out great.
Susie
Aug 25, 2013 Susie rated it liked it
Shelves: diy
At times the designs in this book are a little too country-pastimes for me, but there is something appealing about them and they have a unique take on patchwork.
Square One
Coming Home
Jenniffier
Nov 20, 2012 Jenniffier rated it it was amazing
This book has lots of fun quilts that can be made out of precut fabrics. I have already made two quilts from the book and the directions were clear and easy to follow.
Bernadette Kovalsick
Nov 29, 2011 Bernadette Kovalsick rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book for beginners. Using and applying fat quarters of materials. Using precut jellyroll charm pack and more makes it easy to do beautiful quilts.
Seana
Sep 30, 2013 Seana rated it it was ok
Shelves: quilts
I like the idea of this one, but none of the patterns caught my eye and too much Bella Solids in Snow!
Fawn Rueckert
Mar 05, 2011 Fawn Rueckert rated it really liked it
Love the fresh patterns and beautiful pictures. I just bought fabric to make the little man quilt.
Teresa
Dec 28, 2011 Teresa rated it it was amazing
beautiful book with great photographs and instructions
Alex DK
Jan 01, 2011 Alex DK rated it it was amazing
perfect so far!
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Angela Lacy
Angela Lacy rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Andrea
Andrea added it
Jan 30, 2016
Agnes
Agnes added it
Jan 21, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
SP
SP rated it it was ok
Jun 19, 2016
Emily Mims
Emily Mims rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
jacki davidson
jacki davidson rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Heather Spurlock
Heather Spurlock rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2015
Katecrain2000gmail.Com
Katecrain2000gmail.Com marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Elaine
Elaine rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2015
Emma Oliver-Turnham
Emma Oliver-Turnham rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Holly Grieb
Holly Grieb rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2015