Simplify With Camille Roskelley: Quilts for the Modern Home (Stash Books)

Simplify With Camille Roskelley: Quilts for the Modern Home (Stash Books)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  14 reviews
c t publishing stash books simplify quilts for the modern home with camille roskelley. simplify your life and make it more beautiful with a little help from fabric and quilt designer camille roskelley and her quilts for the modern home she shows you eight quilt projects plus four pillow patterns to make using pre cut jelly rolls charm packs fat quarters and more each proje...more
Published October 16th 2010 by C & T Pub (first published September 1st 2010)

Niki M
Here are some bullet points I want to highlight in this wonderful quilt book:
*Great bright colorful pictures on every page
*Crystal clear instructions on how to bind your quilt for that perfect finish
*8 wonderfully easy looking quilt patterns and 4 pillow cushion patterns to match
*Patterns for scallop edging ~ A technique I've always wanted to try but just never have.
*Camille put together a tips page with some of her best tricks of the quilting trade.
*Easy cutting instructions
THE USE OF PRE-CUTS!...more
Joanna
That's one of the best purchases I've ever made!

The instructions are clear - I've made my 1st quilt following Camille's instructions, so they had to be crystal-clear, right?

Pictures are lovely and they do show what you can expect from the hours of fighting (or dancing) with your sewing machine :) Each quilt has its own section, plus there are also patterns at the very end of the book (to be enlarged), plus instructions on how to make matching pillow covers.

I made 2 quilts for the time being, fo...more
Emilie
Love love LOVE this book. It is perfect for the beginning or intermediate quilter who wants modern quilt patterns and tons of lucious photos and inspiration. I cannot wait to give some of these projects a go and I will be sure to update my review with finished project results and ease of following written directions.
Summer
Really enjoyed reading this book. I learned that I don't need to wash charm packs and jellyrolls when quilting... which is fantastic!!! :) Too bad I learned the HARD way that washing, drying and ironing jellyrolls is NOT. FUN.

Can't wait to get to some of the quilts in here. :)
Krin
I LOVE this book (and reading camille roskelley's blog). I am making one of the quilts in it this summer and want to make others that are in it too. If I find the right fabrics, there is definately one in there I want to make for my son.
Amanda
Pretty quilts and fabrics - this girl is talented. Most of the quilts used fancy machine quilting which I don't think I will ever fully attempt, so I would have like to see some of the quilts done with straight line quilting.
I've made two quilts from this book so far - in fact, one I made twice. The instructions are clear and the photography is pretty. I modified both projects a little, and both turned out great.
Susie
Aug 25, 2013 Susie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: diy
At times the designs in this book are a little too country-pastimes for me, but there is something appealing about them and they have a unique take on patchwork.
Square One
Coming Home
Jenniffier
This book has lots of fun quilts that can be made out of precut fabrics. I have already made two quilts from the book and the directions were clear and easy to follow.
Bernadette Kovalsick
Fantastic book for beginners. Using and applying fat quarters of materials. Using precut jellyroll charm pack and more makes it easy to do beautiful quilts.
Seana
I like the idea of this one, but none of the patterns caught my eye and too much Bella Solids in Snow!
Fawn Rueckert
Love the fresh patterns and beautiful pictures. I just bought fabric to make the little man quilt.
Teresa
beautiful book with great photographs and instructions
Alex DK
perfect so far!
scc101
scc101 marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Laurie Mcintosh
Laurie Mcintosh marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Tamar
Tamar marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Puisung
Puisung marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2013
Emilia Khala
Emilia Khala marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Simply Retro with Camille Roskelley: Fresh Quilts from Classic Blocks Simplify With Camille Roskelley: Quilts for the Modern Home - Use Pre-Cut Jelly Rolls, Charm Packs, Fat Quarters & More (Stash Books)