Start by marking “Midsummer Curse (Midsummer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Midsummer Curse (Midsummer, #2)

Midsummer Curse (Midsummer #2)

Brayton is a jack of all trades. He travels from one end of the country to the other, fixing problems of all shapes and sizes for the many supernaturals who call him for help. When a friend calls in a favor, he travels to the town of Midsummer's night.

It should be an easy job: find out who cursed a gremlin and why, break the curse, over and done. But Midsummer's Night is l
Published January 2010 by Less Than Three Press

To ask other readers questions about Midsummer Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midsummer Curse

Ingela
Written January 15, 2014

3 1/2 Stars - Adoreable cute - a true fairytale shortie

Book #2

Midsummer's Curse is my second audiobook (2:50 hrs) in the paranormal (Midsummer) novella series in three parts with new lovebirds in each bookpart. ~ Narrated by Paul Morey (always fun and inspiring to hear).

Oh boy, cute, funny and wonderful sweet!!
This audiobook really made me smile and feel that cozy feeling you get when reading or listening to amusing sweet stories. I'm by now quite fond of these Mid
Ami
Aug 30, 2012 Ami rated it liked it

Hmmm ... on one hand, I still love the town of Midsummer's Night and their supernatural creatures. This story has gremlin(!) and goblin(!) in it -- totally entertaining. I love Ferdy; the itty-bitty, half-pint gremlin, who is cursed from his ability -- that any machines he touch, immediately falls apart. He's just adorable.

On the other hand, Brayton, the jack-of-all-trade lone wolf who comes to Midsummer's Night to help Ferdy, doesn't stand out. For me, he's just like any other possess
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Sep 16, 2011 ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) rated it really liked it
Recommended to ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) by: Cole Riann
Gremlins, goblins, shifters. Oh My!!

I'm starting to fall in love with Megan Derr. No, not in an I'm hiding in your bushes while you lotion your skin kind of way. I just want more of what's in that beautiful brain of hers. With the town of Midsummer, she's created a world that is adorable and very different from any paranormal I've read thus far.

In the town of Midsummer you can find humans, witches, gremlins, goblins, vampires, shifters, and any other kind of paranormal you can think of. They all
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I liked this one better than the first one, and really, a big bad annoyed lone wolf and a gremlin!
What's not to like?:)
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Good Golly Miss Molly I had fun reading this one. I love this town and I love these characters. I wanted this to be longer just because I wanted to get to know more about everything and everyone. A werewolf comes to town to help a Gremlin. What more is there to say? Megan Derr was even able to make me not hate the term "Baby." It worked and I want more! Everyone should have their story told. I love feeling this way when I'm done reading something.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
It's no secret I love Megan Derr's books and this one is no different.

I loved Ferdy from the start and the curse that made him break everything with metal in it. The way he was so sad he couldn't touch the things he loved made me feel bad for him and made me love him even more.

With Ferdy's curse and Brayton's desire to make Ferdy happy by fixing it, made for a very enjoyable story for me.

It's cute and sweet and I recommend it to everyone :D
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
A cute story. Very entertaining I would have given five stars but I hated how condescending the MC was to his “itty-bitty Germlin” and how he always flicked his nose if he started talking or asked a question.
Lacey
This is a really cute addition to the Midsummer series. After finishing the book, I'm only left with a few niggles. I wish the author had taken the time to flesh out the supernatural creatures a little bit more. We all obviously know what a vampire, or a werewolf when shifted, will look like. However, other than the fact that Ferdy is mechanically inclined, we aren't told about any other characteristics, physically or magically, that make him a gremlin. Does he have pointy ears as a human? Or do ...more
Phaney
Feb 15, 2014 Phaney rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
Aw, this was just as lovely as the first volume – possibly even more.
Not only was it fun to revisit the previous characters and meet some new ones, but none of it felt forced. So very sweet and lovely.

Brayton really grew on me. It seems strange to be so enchanted with a guy who grumps and likes to harass others, but oh my god it works so well. I think I’m halfway in love with him myself by now.

The editing certainly could have been better but as it wasn’t really distracting, I can’t bring myself
L-D
Brayton is a lone wolf that is asked to come to Midsummer to help a cursed gremlin. Gremlins are known for their ability to fix any and all things mechanical, but Ferdinand or Ferdy as his friends call him, was recently cursed to break everything mechanical he touches. For a Gremlin, not being able to fix something is devastating. Brayton decides to help Ferdy and solve the mystery of the curse.

I thought this story was even more interesting than the first book because of the mystery involved in
Mandapanda
3.5 stars. Book 2 (and my favourite) in the Midsummer series. Lone werewolf Brayton is called to Midsummer to help a cute gremlin rid himself of a curse. Sweet and sexy short story about an unusual werewolf mate. Plenty of sexual tension and a bit of smexing. If you were interested in trying Megan Derr but not wanting to read a full length fantasy novel, this short story (which has a familiar shifter storyline) might be a good place to start.
Deeze
Apr 20, 2014 Deeze rated it really liked it
I'm really liking this series, shame its so short.

Brayton and Ferdy are delightful. Their chemistry is as strong as Ferdy's scent to Brayton lol. Watching them together was pure joy for me.

The mystery was involved but not quite settled so I hope I get the final details in the next book.
Lady*M
Oct 12, 2011 Lady*M rated it really liked it

Midsummer shapes up to be a paranormal St. Nacho's. XD

I liked the possessive, growly lone werewolf and sweet, absentminded gremlin. Very cute and entertaining short read.
Elizabeth
Audiobook, narrated by Paul Morey, 3 stars
Cute story with a wolf-gremlin pair, 3 stars
Stephanie
Feb 23, 2017 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I loved the nickname "itty-bitty". I also like the lone-wolf aspect. Megan is a phenomenal paranormal/fantasy/magic writer. I think her books are my new favorite things right now
T.M. Smith
Jun 13, 2015 T.M. Smith rated it really liked it
Brayton is a natural born shifter, a lone wolf and a jack of all trades. He winds up in the mostly supernatural inhabited town of Midsummer at a friend’s request to help a cursed gremlin find out who and why he was cursed, and hopefully, break it. The last thing Brayton expected was to fall for the sexy little shy gremlin that he lovingly nick names ‘Itty Bitty’ five minutes after they meet.

Ferdie is a gremlin, mechanically inclined by nature, but someone has cursed the poor guy so that every ti
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

We are back in the town of Midsummer, a small town seemingly full of paranormals and somebody has cursed a gremlin.

Ferdy is a sweet little guy who is at his wits end. He is a gremlin and gremlins were put on earth to tinker and fix things. He is horrified when out of the blue everything he touches breaks and falls apart. Everything that brings him joy in life has gone. He has been cursed but has no idea who would do such a thing or why.

Brayton is a big bad lone wo
LutaWolf
Jul 04, 2011 LutaWolf rated it really liked it
I love these stories. The characters are likable, indepth, and intresting. The world that you find yourself in is intresting as well. I truely enjoy the emotion put into the book. The emotional play between characters. However what keeps the books from reaching five star statues for me is the lack of sex. No i'm not a book smut slut. Sex in books aren't just about smut, it's also about the passion between the characters for us to see. It's that natural progression in a relationship that we get t ...more
JC
Dec 31, 2013 JC rated it really liked it
Another short but cute tale in the Midsummer series. I liked the main character, Brayton. He's brash, a bit cocky, and completely irreverent. Kind of found his insistence on calling Ferdy 'baby' really amusing, though in real life that would be annoying as hell. Actually, Brayton reminded me a lot of Dean Winchester from Supernatural, even down to his love for his classic car. Ferdy, due to the fact that he wasn't the POV character, is understandably not as fleshed out as Brayton, but he's extre ...more
Pete W
Jan 20, 2013 Pete W rated it really liked it
This one was on the cute and funny side rather than the darker tone of the first and the third book.

I felt the chemistry between Brayton and Ferdy pretty much from the get go and it was fun to see how Brayton could barely kept his hands from Ferdy.

The story turn darker once the plot progress and the bad guy and the motive were revealed.

(view spoiler)
Notta Chance
I love Brayton and Ferdy. They are just perfect for each other and fit together so well. Brayton is my favorite. He's a bit rough and gruff but not so hung up on the Manly-man, lone wolf bs that he can't see a good thing when it happens.

Nice little mystery here and we get to see a few characters from the first story of the series and get some closure that was sorely needed. I remember liking this story first time around. I think it was even better this time. One thing struck me as odd, although
Melanie
Sep 18, 2014 Melanie rated it really liked it

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit http://wp.me/p220KL-35E

From that review: "As always, Derr brings a few new twists and turns to familiar werewolf lore and introduces us to new supernatural beings and their society that are sure to pop up as the series continues. Megan Derr is a must read for me and this new series is no exception. It's lively, twisty, and fun. Pick it up and begin your introduction to Midsummer's Moon, a town you will want to visit again and again.
Mell
May 12, 2012 Mell rated it really liked it
As usual, Midsummer delivers in a quirky bit of deliciousness. The series is fun and this book doesn't disappoint with Brayton and Ferdy both keeping you interested and wanting for more. One serious drawback to his book, however, is that the editing needs a bit of work including a misspelling of the character Carl's name in the end, calling him Karl.
Jane (PS)
Jan 24, 2016 Jane (PS) rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, audiobook
I really enjoy this series set in Midsummer, but the installment was just a bit too short and rushed. I could have handled an extra hour/100 pages (whatever). I now want to go back and read book 1!

Narrated by Paul Morey - 4 stars.
Tame
Sep 26, 2010 Tame rated it really liked it
Lily
I'm really enjoying this series with it's likable characters and interesting storylines.
Janet
Oct 06, 2011 Janet rated it really liked it
My favorite of this series.
Seregil
Jul 22, 2012 Seregil rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Super cute characters and a nice detective twist. I'm not giving it more stars because it's too short for how many things happen.
Dragana
  • That Famous Happy End
  • Fairytales Slashed 4
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • Touch of a Wolf
  • Friction (Dominion, #0.1)
  • Betrayed (Cursed #2)
  • Busted
  • Azure Seas & Dragon Isles
  • Tortoise Interruptus
  • Lone
  • Hunter's Moon (Insolita Luna #2)
  • Caged
  • Reindeer Games (Reindeer Games, #1)
  • A Shadow of a Dream
  • Slings and Arrows (Petit Morts, #2)
  • One Wild Wish (One Wish #1)
Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet.

maderr.com
maderr.tumblr.com
maderr.livejournal.com
More about Megan Derr...

Midsummer (5 books)
  • Midsummer Moon (Midsummer, #1)
  • Midsummer Law (Midsummer, #3)
  • Midsummer Baker (Midsummer #4)
  • Nothing Better  (Midsummer #4.5)