Start by marking “Locke & Key” as Want to Read:
Locke & Key

Locke & Key

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  338 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Three tales of hunters, vampires, and the colorful lives they lead...

Locke and his partner Key hunt broken vampires—those who did not take well to the changes inflicted upon them, and feast wildly upon the living. They live the life of wanderers, traveling from place to place, putting an end to broken vampires. They rely on each other, partners through and through—until a
Published by Less Than Three Press (first published March 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Locke & Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Locke & Key

Ami
Locke & Key: 3.25 stars
Locke and Key are partners who hunt broken vampires. But when Locke finds out that Key has been hiding a secret from him, he re-evaluates their relationship and pushes Key away. Truthfully, I want more groveling. Locke is being an ass; to think that Key has never, EVER, betray him the way Locke's previous ex did. Yeah, not enough groveling on my part.

Sharing: 2 stars
Preston has his hands full trying to be a referee between his two top vampires: Alessandro and Preston.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Locke And Key 3*

Sigh, I don't mind fucked up guys acting like assholes, but I do expect some major groveling and mea culpa galore. Didn't happen.
Locke and Key have been partners in vampire hunting for almost 6 years. Locke's a grumpy butt with a bad attitude but when he discovers Key's secret he's an asshole squared.
A little more backstory would have been good and a hellava lot more groveling was necessary for me to like it.
Key I liked a lot and I want to know where the kitten is!

Sharing
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
3.75

Locke & Key definitely has all the elements I've come to absolutely love and respect from Ms Derr's works. Sadly, because I've only read some short stories from her recently, I haven't really gotten a chance to appreciate it.

I love that this book, though it has three separate stories, is based in the same world with the same characters. I think partly the reason why I love this is because you kind of get a glimpse of what the characters are like before entering their head and story, so i
Lady*M

A collection of vampire stories which reminded me how much I would like to read more Megan Derr's longer stories, not to mention more explicit ones: the three guys from Sharing could burn the sheets, pages and oh, so much more if they were just given that chance. ~_^

Sweet, sexy, uncomplicated, fun collection of vampire goodness. I wouldn't mind reading more about all these characters.
Lindsey
I do adore Megan Derr and I love when she writes these interconnected stories. I find myself loving the secondary characters once they move into the spotlight more than the original pair.

Plus, this book really got on my good side because lately all of the m/m romance I've been buying end up being written in the first person. This one, thank god, is not.
Stacey Jo
Sep 04, 2010 Stacey Jo rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Twila
This is a very quick read consisting of three short stories, all of vampires and hunters. This is a good book for those who like to read about the suggestion of sex, but not the actual sex scenes, although there is kissing, angst and emotion. It was great for a nice short read.
Katie
Funnily enough, Locke and Key were my least favorite pairing in this collection...luckily the other two definitely picked up the slack. As usual, though, Megan Derr always provides a sweet and cute read. :)
Susan
Three stories set in the same world of vampires and hunters. The stories are interconnected and are sweet and quick reads. A good way to pass a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This book contains three short stories all revolving around the same world and all interconnecting through at least one character.

In Locke & Key, we are introduced to Locke and Key. Locke is a vampire hunter and Key is his working partner who's the brains of all Locke's hunts. They've worked together for five years and while there's a mutual attraction, Locke is hesitant to become lovers because of his instinct that says Key is hiding something. When Locke finally finds out what Key is hidi
clear skies
The only real thing that disappointed me about this was the fact it was so short :(

The first story is about hunter's Locke and Key (har har) both have been together for five years. Key wants more from Locke, but Locke despite wanting the same thing refuses Key due to a bad partnering experience that lead to betrayal. It happens again with Key but it is more complicated and it had nothing to do with hurting Locke. I loved these guys they were genuine but I did feel like it was all rushed.

The seco
Julesmarie
I liked this collection a lot. I liked the new, fresh take on vampires, vampire-ish things, and vampire hunters. I'm especially fascinated by the idea of diet changing how appetizing a person is to a vampire.

I love Megan Derr collections where the stories intertwine, because by the time the last story comes along, I feel like I already know the characters and I'm therefore more excited to get to read their story.

My favorite of the three was Preston's story. Perhaps because the only thing better
L-D
I hesitated to buy this anthology because it was $3.99 for about 60 pages. In my Nook, however, it was 228 pages and I was quite happy with the length and the price.

Locke & Key: not quite 4 stars. Locke and Key are partners in hunting "broken" vampires. Broken vampires are humans that are changed into vamps but to not make the transition. They are licensed to hunt these vamps and keep them from the population at large. Partners for 5 years, Key does not hide his interest in Locke but Locke h
Erdahs
Does not appear to have been updated at all from when it was first published on livejournal. I have the feeling that will be the case with several of her ebooks. Still, fun to revisit.
JC
I liked the characters in this anthology. Even the vampires, as pushy as some of them were, I actually enjoyed. My favorite of the three stories was the one with Locke and Key. I wish it had been longer, though. A bit iffy on the story with Preston and his two vampire lovers, though. Mostly because you never really got to see enough of Alessandro and Tremont to understand why Preston would want either of them, let alone both. Trevor and Richard's story was cute, but I was actually almost expecti ...more
MostlyDelores
This--> "Hearing one of the old vamps say something like 'word on the street' was like hearing his grandmother say 'what up my homeslice?' Jarring and more than a little surreal. Old school should stick to old school."
This is exactly how I felt reading J.R. Ward's Dark Lover.
Jilrene ♥
Three related stories that are fun. Enjoyable break material.
Tame
A solid collection of three interlinked short stories by Megan Derr. The second and third have long been my favorites, and rereading makes me wonder where the drabbles related to the series are. Definitely something to look up!
Pete W
3.5

A somewhat light fun read about vampires and the hunter family. It was a fun read with all Megan Derr's signature style.
Blackrei
Locke & Key : 3
Sharing : 2 because I'm not a fan of threesome
The Housekeeper : 3 my favorite
Alison
Set in the same "world" as the Midsummer series. I really liked these.
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
wesley
wesley marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Anna
Anna added it
Mar 30, 2015
  • That Famous Happy End
  • Fairytales Slashed 4
  • Arson of the Heart
  • Azure Seas & Dragon Isles
  • Frank-in-Love (Frank-in-Love, #1)
  • Irregulars
  • Rebirth (Channeling Morpheus, #5)
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)
  • Busted
  • Zombie Wonderland
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Soul Magic (Triad, #3)
Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet.

maderr.com
maderr.tumblr.com
maderr.livejournal.com
More about Megan Derr...
The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1) The High King's Golden Tongue Dance with the Devil (Dance with the Devil, #1) Dance in the Dark (Dance with the Devil, #2) Prisoner (Kria, #1)