Start by marking “Jail Bird” as Want to Read:
Jail Bird

Jail Bird

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  307 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Murder, loyalty and vengeance collide in Jessie Keane’s gritty fourth novel.

Lily King has spent years behind bars

Convicted of murdering her husband, London villain Leo King, she hasn’t been missed. Everyone believes she got what she deserved, but Lily knows she was fitted up.

Published May 27th 2010 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about Jail Bird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jail Bird

Best Crime Books
Jessie Keane is an author that had her debut novel `Dirty Game' published in 2008. It was the first in the Annie Bailey series of books and was followed by `Black Widow' and `Scarlet Women' in 2009.

I read her first book and was hooked. Annie Bailey was such a great character and I was fearful that Jessie Keane would follow the all too predictable path that others do of relying too much on a good thing.

After reading all three in the Annie Bailey Series I was even more worried. How on earth could
Book Addict Shaun
Wow. After losing my way with reading I couldn't get into anything, but it just shows that if you pick the right book you can enjoy reading again. And what a book this was. Jessie Keane is a fantastic author, and I don't think it's possible for her to write a bad book! Most authors have a few hiccups along the way, maybe get a bit lazy, but I can't see that happening here, every single book of Jessie's has been a five star read for me, absolutely unputdownable books that you want to scream about ...more
Julia Charles
First book I purchased on my new kindle, and I read it in just over 24 hrs. I could not put it down and it's so true what the publishers say, if you like Martina Cole you will LOVE this! It is so fast paced, and has you guessing right to the very end. Fantastic!
Lainy
Time taken to read - 1 day

Publisher - Harper (Harper Collins Publishers)

Blurb from Goodreads

Murder, loyalty and vengeance collide in Jessie Keane’s gritty fourth novel.

Lily King has spent years behind bars

Now she’s out, and she doesn’t do forgiveness. In her absence, things have moved on and the old order has changed. But now she’s rea
Michael Smith
My thump-up all the way to the last page. Jail Bird has a compelling story line, drama and twists. The characters are engaging and come alive as I turn the pages.

Just out of prison with mystery still surrounding the exact circumstances of the murder of Leo King, Lily shows character and tenacity in finding out who murdered her husband.

Lily’s daughters Saz and Oli are aslo outstanding and shows genuine emotions, though I don’t think that Saz coming at her mother with a knife like she did comes
Erica Hudson
Aug 29, 2014 Erica Hudson marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Sarah Murphy
Can be slow but still want to read more from this author
Winter Rose
Action, Plot Twists & Suspense! I Loved It!
Kay Rojo
An entertaining easy read with a few twists.
Pauline Oshea
Really enjoyed this book,
I thought same old same old when i started reading this. I've read a few Martina Cole and thought here we go. But then I thought - why is that a bad thing because I enjoy her books too. I loved this book - the ending was great and it's a real page-turner. Am looking forward to reading all her other books now I've discovered her
Bev
Fab book to start my year of reading off. Love the storyline and love Jessie Keane's writing, can't wait to read more!
Kerry
enjoyed this more than I thought I would and I will be reading some more of her books. Great twist at the end and good suspence, some parts of the story where a bit irrelevent and didnt add much to the story but apart from that would really recomend it.
Tammi Ashbee
Oh my god ! Couldn't put this down needless to say I didn't get much sleep. What a great story line. It's amazing how much stronger a person will become when they are accused of something they didn't do.
Jue
Another Brilliant book by Jessie. Once again I could not turn the pages over fast enough, an exciting, heart racing murder mystery. Can't wait for the next book to come out.
Joanne Rawson
I liked the book, not as fast going as i thought. I was not expecting the ending, which was a good twist. Will read more of Jessie.
Sam
Another fabulous book from this author. There aren't many books where I'm compelled to keep reading. I could not put this down.
Lynn
strange book thought i wouldnt like it but in the end i couldnt put it down, got it on e book from library, fantastic
Diane Hadley
Loved this book, if your a fan of Martine cole. Then you will love jessies books
Dee Nunn
Absolutely fabulous, will be adding Jessie Keane to my fav authors list!
Gemma
Easy, believable book. It's not too much. Can't put it down.
Natalie Woodier
Really enjoyed this, kept you wanting more
Emma Arthyr
I loved it, It's almost as good as Martina Cole
Theweebarrell
enjoyed this as much as her others
Kate Bendelow
Definitely on a par with Martina Cole!
Victoria Smith
Great book, amazing read
Lynn Allen
good read
Christa
Christa is currently reading it
Mar 04, 2015
Manish Jain
Manish Jain marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
  • Two Faced
  • Taken
  • The Schemer
  • The Runaway
Now what about me? I’ve done a lot of writing, but way back before I even dreamed I could be a professional writer I was just the youngest in a big family. My Dad was a surveyor with an edge of brilliance. My Mum was from gipsy roots and used to drive around in a goat-cart (yes, really!) when she was little. Once we were rich (although I didn’t know it then, and it was all thanks to my Dad’s ingen ...more
More about Jessie Keane...
Dirty Game (Annie Carter #1) Black Widow (Annie Carter #2) Scarlet Women (Annie Carter #3) Nameless Playing Dead (Annie Carter #4)