Start by marking “Tempted by Fate (The Guardians of Destiny, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tempted by Fate (The Guardians of Destiny, #3)

Tempted by Fate (The Guardians of Destiny #3)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Willow Tarata is a Guardian who trusts no one. She hunts those who prey on the vulnerable. And she's driven by a vengeful goal-find the man who murdered her mother. Yet suddenly Willow's quarry now has her on the run . . . straight into the sights of San Francisco's most dangerous detective.

Three bizarre murders have Inspector Rick Ramirez baffled-and determined to uncove
Published December 1st 2010 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Tempted by Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted by Fate

Melindeeloo
4.5 stars - Tempted by Fate the third book in Kate Perry's Guardian series was mind candy, not a story that's going to stick with me forever, but it was really enjoyable while I was gobbling it down.

Willow - the Guardian of the mystical scroll of wood and endowed with all the powers that brings - is closing in on the man she has sought for years, the 'bad man' who murdered her mother. But even as she seems close to finally gaining her revenge, the man throws obstacles in her way - or rather dea
Marisa
The book starts with a bang, the energy and excitement never let up and the sense of anticipation is keenly felt. Tempted by Fate has elements of the paranormal, romantic suspense and urban fantasy all rolled into an exciting read with a heroine that is electrifying and fiercely independent. Ms.Perry’s writing is captivating and her exposition is as strong as her dialogue. She zigs when you think she’s going to zag and as a reader she keeps you on your toes. The blend of paranormal and romantic ...more
Mary Gramlich
You are drawn in to read and can’t stop this book is that good.

When you are a police officer life is seen in only the black and white that is worn with straight lines drawn and rules followed. Very little mystic is involved or faith for that matter. But when you step out of the box to see the full color palate the one color that stands out is gray and even that can wash out into a White Witch.

Willow Tarata is such a woman that colors the entire world with her beauty and the magic she creates. As
Jennifer Defoy
This was a really good story. I'd kind of gotten burn out on historical romance so I'd left romance alone altogether for a little while. This is the first romance I've read in a few months and it was refreshing to get back into the genre with such a well written specimen.

Willow was a great main character. She was spunky, witty, independent, and everything else you could want from a heroine. I liked her. Ramirez was nice... I used the model on the cover as a basis for what Ramirez looked like, an
Bookaholics
Tempted by Fate: The Guardians of Destiny Series by Kate Perry
Paranormal Romance –Nov. 30th, 2010
4 stars

Tempted by Fate is a romance with mystery, suspense, and paranormal elements.

After decades of trying to find man whom murdered her mother, Willow Tarata believes she has found him in San Francisco. Finally, she'll have justice. But her informant was murdered and Willow is now the prime suspect. Using her powers as the Guardian of the Scroll of Wood, she hides and evades the observant Inspector
Sandy M
I really enjoy the concept behind the Guardians in this series, each controlling an element as dictated in ancient Chinese scrolls that have been hidden away for centuries to keep their powers out of the wrong hands. This time it’s the Guardian of the Book of Wood who is the recipient of Ms. Perry’s awesome imagination.

Willow has been after the Bad Man for twenty years, ever since he murdered her mother. They’ve played cat and mouse with each other over the years and Willow is ready to end the g
Robin Priddy
Willow Tarate was ten year's old when her mother was murdered. Willow and her mother were on the run from the man Willow knew as the Bad Man. Willow became the new Guardian of the scroll of Wood when her mother was killed. Willow is all grown up now and is on the hunt for the Bad Man, the only problem is she has no idea who he is or what he looks like. What Willow knows about her power is what she has taught herself. When she gets word about a strange death in San Francisco she knows it is the m ...more
Kristiej
This book was an impulse purchase, having not read the author before and not reading any reviews of her books. It turned out to be a very good purchase! I enjoyed it so much that despite just buying two books I've been waiting months for, I kept reading this one. I was late getting dressed today 'cause I was so busy reading. I haven't done the housework I had planned because I was too busy reading. Gotta love when that happens.

I adored the heroine in this book. Willow is one tough cookie. She's
Kelly Moran
Author Kate Perry’s book, Tempted by Fate, is listed as part of The Guardians of Destiny Series, with Marked by Passion and Chosen by Desire released first. She has other titles in contemporary romance; Project Date and Project Daddy. Kate Perry is a 7th degree black belt Kung Foo San Soo and collects swords. She resides in San Francisco, California.

Willow Tarata is one of the Guardians over the mystical Scrolls of Destiny, complete with the powers to do so. Though she hunts those that prey on
Eva (TXBookjunkie)
Chrissy
Tempted By Fate is book #3 of the Guardians of Destiny Series. I haven't read the first two books in the series however I found this could be read as a stand alone book. The character descriptions of Willow and Rick in this novel made it easy to get to know them and I found myself drawn into the book and not wanting to put it down. I love a book with a some paranormal mixed with romance and adventure this book had it all and a little more....

I am glad I got to review this book from Kate Perry. T
April
TEMPTED BY FATE by Kate Perry is a action packed urban paranormal romance set in present day San Francisco. It is well written with details,depth,page turning,and fast paced. It is the third in "Guardians of Destiny"series,but can be read as a stand alone. Book One "Marked By Passion, Book Two "Chosen By Desire".It has romance, sensuality, sexy humor, sassy women,strong men,secrets, destiny, fate, magic, murder, passion, love, the Scrolls of Destiny(Book of Wood), magic, ancient Chinese scrolls( ...more
DKAY
This is the 3rd book in THE GUARDIANS OF DESTINY SERIES. I haven't read any of the rest of the series but that didn't matter with this book although I could tell that there was other books to the series from the beginning but the author has explained everything well enough that you can read this by itself and will be fine. This book was fantastic. The author Kate Perry has done a great job with writing this story it flows nicely and the characters stand out. The story is a paranormal that is kin ...more
Mary (BookHounds)
I have been waiting for a book like this! It has that urban fantasy/paranormal feel mixed with suspense and romance. This one is really a page turner. I know that is a giant cliche, but I stayed up late just to finish this one and even after taking a muscle relaxant for my back. I just couldn't go to sleep without finding out the ending. Willow is such a kick ass character and if you are looking for someone like Jaz Parks (Jennifer Rardin), she will carry you between those books.
Sussan
Awesome read....was surprised to find out that this book is the end of the series. I would have thought there be one more left but who knows?
Leah  St.James
I love stories with magical realism. I love stories with groups of friends or characters who are connected because you know there are probably other stories with the same group. I love hunky heroes and smart, strong heroines who have to overcome big hurdles (both external and internal) to find their way together. And I love love stories.

I love this book!

I haven't read the others in the series, but they're going in my TBR pile now.
Andrea Zappa
I thought this was a good book, could have been better, but as I had not read the books that lead up to this one I probably missed quite a lot of the subtext. I did not however need them to get the feel and references in the book, she (the author) is quite descriptive and made sure that there were no references that didn't get at least a little explanation, so new readers to her series could still follow the story line.
Bridget
Kate has done it once again! I was in a Guardian trance and couldn't put this book down. I love that Willow is a do-it-yourself woman who can stand on her own two feet but also knows how important it can be to allow someone to have your back. Tempted by Fate is every romance lovers dream book. It's fun, fresh and most of all, it's hot!
Shannon C.
This book was OK, not great. The premise was promising. The main drawback was that the author didn't make me feel the emotional connection between the characters--to me that's a critical element of a good romance. I also didn't feel invested in their story. And many elements of the story were simliar to other stories I've read previously.
Brooke Anna
I really liked this book. I'm not a big reader of romance, but the plot won me over. I enjoyed Willow's story, and Rick's grandmother the most! I really liked the plot about the scrolls, so I will defiantly be seeking more books written by Kate Perry!
Emma 'moonie'
i enjoyed reading this trilogy but i thought the ending was a bit disappointing it left me felling like there was something missing other than that a really good read
Mrs. Badass
It was Ok. I didn't love Willow. Felt a bit disconnected to her. I liked aspects, and the world was cool. I might find the other books to read
Katherine Nieminen
I have read all three books in the Guardians of Destiny series and enjoyed them all. Kate when are you going to publish Book 4?
Lizzielvr
I've had this book since it was published, but couldn't get into it. I restarted it and couldn't stop reading it!
Anahita
It was entertaining. Not quite 4 starts though ... more like 3.5. They should let us give half stars!
Cindy
I am currently on page 182, and enjoying it so far...
Martha
Aug 31, 2011 Martha marked it as won-t-finish
Kindle Edition.
Cynthia
pretty good series
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
  • Duchess of Sin (The Daughters of Erin, #2)
  • Montana Glory
  • Last to Die (Sheridan, #2)
  • Captured by Desire
  • Stronger than Sin (Sins Hunters, #2)
  • Desire Me (The Legend Hunters, #2)
  • To Tempt a Rake (Circle of Sin, #3)
  • Tempted by a Warrior (Galloway Trilogy, #3)
  • Desperate Deeds (A-Tac, #3)
  • A Season of Seduction (James Family, #3)
  • Two Lethal Lies
  • How Sweet It is
  • Aching for Always
  • Black Magic
  • My Fair Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #3)
  • Sins of a Highland Devil (Highland Warriors, #1)
  • Blood Prophecy
  • One Night in Scotland (Hurst Amulet, #1)
Kate has tangoed at midnight with a man in blue furry chaps, dueled with flaming swords in the desert, and strutted on bar tops across the world and back. She’s been kissed under the Eiffel Tower, had her butt pinched in Florence, and been serenaded in New Orleans. But she found Happy Ever After in San Francisco with her Magic Man.

Kate’s the bestselling author of the Laurel Heights Novels, as well
More about Kate Perry...

The Guardians of Destiny (3 books)
  • Marked by Passion (The Guardians of Destiny, #1)
  • Chosen by Desire (The Guardians of Destiny, #2)
Perfect for You (Laurel Heights, #1) Return to You (Laurel Heights, #3) Close to You (Laurel Heights, #2) Looking for You (Laurel Heights, #4) Dream of You (Laurel Heights, #5)