Start by marking “The Krystal Promise” as Want to Read:
The Krystal Promise

The Krystal Promise

There were eight people in the bus when it burst into flame. Seven escaped. Despite frantic efforts to rescue her, 18 month old Krystal, the youngest of six children, died. This is not only the story of a death but also the story of a life - the life of Laura, Krystal's mother. How does a grief-stricken mother reconcile herself to such a tragic loss? As she calls upon the ...more
Published October 11th 1981 by Bookcraft (first published January 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about The Krystal Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Krystal Promise

Elisa
Jul 18, 2008 Elisa rated it it was amazing
I first read The Krystal Promise when I was about 14. I remember thinking that it was a sad and horrible story. I made the mistake of reading it again when I was pregnant with my second daughter. Big mistake. I highly recommend against reading this after you've become a parent. You will cry. And then, you will go find your children and hold them and tell them that you love them. If you choose to read The Krystal Promise, make sure you have a box of Kleenex's on hand.
Bonnie
Oct 13, 2008 Bonnie added it
I first read this book when I was about 12. I've read it many, many times since. I have my original copy still. It makes me cry everytime...REALLY cry! It is very sad, but at the same time, I find it to be very uplifting in the sense that the mother has such an understanding of eternal families and that her daughter lives on. Great book!
nanette
Jan 30, 2011 nanette rated it it was amazing
so inspiring but heart renching tale of a mothers fight to come to terms with the loss of a precious daughter in a fire
first read when i was a teenager and re read as an adult and a mum, had much more poignancy for me
Suzy
Sep 15, 2009 Suzy rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This story is a true-to-life account of one family's experience of losing their baby in a fire. It is a moving story of faith, hope, and love. A very good reminder to always make the most of the time you have with your children!
Nickie
Oct 08, 2010 Nickie rated it really liked it
I read this book probably 20 years ago but I still remember some of the details. Heart-wrenching story but ended with hope.
Heather
May 27, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
Read this around the age of 12. I sobbed so hard my mother threatened to ground me from reading it. Will never forget how it made me feel.
Deborah Hecht
I read this book once years ago and just felt like reading it again. I can't imagine the grief and pain of losing a child this way. I am amazed at the faith of this family.
Vonnie
Dec 18, 2009 Vonnie rated it really liked it
This book was a heart wrenching for me. The subject matter was too close to home. It was good for me to read. I am grateful we had a near miss this summer and feel total empathy towards this family.
Suzana
Dec 13, 2011 Suzana rated it really liked it
Wonderful but very sad true story of a mother's struggle to understand the why of her daughter's death.
Chrystal
VERY SAD!! I related to her grief as I read it soon after I lost my brother, but it is quite the tear jerker.
Blythe Lincoln
Dec 31, 2010 Blythe Lincoln rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I can remember my Mom reading to me when I was little. I have always loved this book, even though it makes me cry!
Melinda
Melinda rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2008
Kitty Sharp
Kitty Sharp rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2013
Kare
Kare rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2009
Kat Ashcroft
Kat Ashcroft rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2011
Annie
Annie rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2009
Connie Watt
Connie Watt rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2013
Debbie West
Debbie West rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2010
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2009
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2011
Colleen Holmquist
Colleen Holmquist rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Tyler
Tyler rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2009
Dennis Hancey
Dennis Hancey rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2009
trina Smith
trina Smith rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
angelle
angelle rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2009
Kat
Kat rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2008
Jen S
Jen S rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2008
Jolene
Jolene rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Blaine M. Yorgason was born in Sanpete County, Utah. He attended Brigham Young University and received both a BA and MA in History. Blaine and his wife Kathleen have 7 children and numerous grandchildren.
More about Blaine M. Yorgason...