Start by marking “Garrett (McKettricks of Texas, #2; McKettricks, #12)” as Want to Read:
Garrett (McKettricks of Texas, #2; McKettricks, #12)

Garrett (McKettricks #12)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,772 Ratings  ·  132 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Linda Lael Miller brings you another unforgettable series! The McKettricks of Texas: three brothers who meet their matches in the three Remington sisters.

Fast track up the political ladder, fast cars, fast women—that's Garrett McKettrick. Make that was. A scandal has slowed him down and brought him home to Blue River, Texas, a place wh
Kindle Edition
Published by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Garrett, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garrett

Carrie
Welcome to Blue River, the Lake Wobegone of Texas, "where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average." I suspect hearts, flowers, and fat little angels all hover over Blue River and sigh repeatedly. Only as they're sighing, one of the fat cherubs might want to call a doctor for Julie since she seems to be frequently overcome with tightening in her throat, clutching of her heart, rushings of emotions, flutterings in her stomach, misting of her e ...more
jenjn79
Jun 24, 2010 jenjn79 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I'm waffling between 3 and 3.5 stars for this one. Probably more like a 3 because there was something missing from this story. It didn't suck me in and have me wanting to keep reading.

Series Note:
Second book in the "McKettricks of Texas" mini-series and 12th McKettrick book overall. I think you could probably read this one on its own, but I would generally recommend reading the Texas trilogy in order.

Summary:
Garrett McKettrick has an up-and-coming career as a politician, but his dreams take a hi
Angela DeSilva
Nov 10, 2015 Angela DeSilva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love The McKettricks
Emily
Garret returns home after being fired and seeing his political career going down in flames. Thrown into his brother's fiancee's past, he can't help but get close to single mother Julie Remington. Julie doesn't need complications but they seem to be headed her way. Her sons father has returned in the picture, her job is becoming a worry, and she finds herself falling for Garret.

Pretty good story, ties into the 1st book so several of the characters are back.
Cruth
Author: Linda Lael Miller
First published: 2002
Length: 4484 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary. Silver Spur Ranch, Blue River, Texas.
Sex: Explicit. Reasonably frequent.
Hero: Assistant to US Senator.
Heroine: High School Teacher. Single mother.

Note that Libby and Tate, while engaged, are living together.

Overall, I liked it better than Tate’s book. Garrett had a little more heart and Julie more backbone.

That said, it still somehow doesn’t match it’s blurb. They weren’t “High School Nemeses” since
Wendy
Garrett is the second in the series by LLM. I liked the continuation of the story of the first book TATE and can't help but say that Garrett was a great character and pretty hot. Though I can't give this book 5 stars I really liked it.

Garrett McKettrick works for a Texas Senator as his right hand man. But when the Senator announces that he is leaving his wife and family for a Stripper names Mandy Chante, Garrett has had enough and goes home to the ranch to figure out what he is going to do next
Harlequin Books
"Another fabulous story about the McKettricks. There's something about the Remington girls when it comes to the McKettrick boys, look out because there's more than just smouldering looks, and sparkling fireworks." From a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member, read more Here.
Mar 19, 2010 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, 2010, netgalley
3 1/2 stars

This is the second in the McKettricks of Texas series. Garrett is the middle child with aspirations of being a politician and maybe even president. When his mentor, and the man he has idolized for years, becomes involved in a major scandal, Garrett takes off for the Silver Spur to figure things out.
Julie Remington is the middle sister. She's always been the free-spirit and fun one. Now that she has been raising her 5-year-old son, Calvin, she is a little more subdued because of her co
Tonya Warner
Raising her son, Calvin, on her own, Julie Remington does not need to become involved with a politician, especially the sexy Garrett McKettrick. Julie has more than enough on her plate being an English teacher at the local high school, being in charge of the drama class, trying to find a place to live, and being there for her two sisters, she doen's need to add the attraction for Garrett in to the mix.

Garrett has spent his entire life wanting to be in polotics. Having the man who had stepped in
Sandy M
Jul 21, 2011 Sandy M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western, historical
Garrett
25 May 10

I think Garrett is my favorite of the three books. He’s the brother who’s left Blue River with aspirations of one day becoming President of the United States. He’s the top gun for a senator, who’s married to Garrett’s mother’s best friend, and Garrett has defended the man at every turn. However, the senator’s latest debacle is too much even for Garrett and his eyes are finally wide open.

So he heads home to regroup. There he runs into Julie Remington. He’s known her for years but
Gail
Aug 28, 2010 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book 5 stars because this is the kind of book I like to read when I just want to relax with a good romance read! Exactly what this is. Garrett McKettrick is a good ole ranch boy/man, brought up on the ranch but dreamed of bigger and better things. A scandal brings him back home to the ranch where his brother lives with his bride to be and her sister and son are living while their rental is being remodeled! Gee, who would have thought that Garrett and Julie have had feelings for each ...more
Mareli
Aug 17, 2015 Mareli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I spent my holidays reading the whole McKettrick's series.

I loved Julie, she was a great woman, a wonderful mother and a great teacher. And her little son was sweet
May 28, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Okay, so it doesn't really deserve only two stars, but it's definitely not good enough to get three stars. You know that line from Macbeth "...full of sound and fury/signifying nothing"? That's what this book is- full of stuff that really doesn't go anywhere or mean anything. The two main characters spend most of the book feeling sorry for themselves for no good reason, which is never an appealing quality in a character, and it certainly doesn't add anything to the plot.

The sad thing is that I
Bish
I normally don't read this genre of books. If I do go for romance, I usually pick a more contemporary styled one. I did get this book a long with a bundle of twenty other books for free from a family member. I must say, I was entertained by this book but there were many problems.

The good:
I feel like the author did a good job describing the ranch and building a little country world. I liked the town she created, I liked the sisters, and I think she did a good job with Calvin.

The bad:
The back co
Pam
Jan 14, 2015 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
McKettricks of Texas: Garrett is by Linda Leal Miller. It is one of a trilogy about three McKittricks of Texas.
Garrett McKettrick is the second son and has always been interested in politics. He works for Senator Morgan Cox. His brothers do not like Cox and try to tell Garrett that the Senator is not the clean-cut American hero that Garrett thinks he is. Garrett has always ignored them. However, he cannot ignore the Senator getting up in front of a large group of people, including his wife Nan,
Leboudoirdulivre
Mar 17, 2016 Leboudoirdulivre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
L’histoire reste toujours simple, sans prise de tête avec toujours nos trois frères McKettrick ainsi que les sœurs Remington. À chaque tome, un nouveau chien rentre dans le clan des McKettrick et on retrouve bien sûr, nos personnages secondaires Libby & Tate, Paige, Austin, Calvin, Audrey & Ava.

Cette fois ci, c’est au tour de Garrett et Julie de nous faire découvrir leur histoire.
Garrett est le cadet de la fratrie, assistant du sénateur, ce qui n’est pas du goût de Tate qui aimerait que
Kathy
Jul 16, 2010 Kathy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fall into bed once or twice...instantly "in love". That about sums it up. I found this story annoying on multiple levels. There was no emotional build up between Julie and Garrett. And doesn't every excessively rich, political-aspiring man instantly fall in love with a dowdily-dressed school teacher with a child and then give his apirations up to be with her?
Tasha
Jul 07, 2010 Tasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
my review posted here
Ashley
Jun 30, 2014 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-ebooks-books
This was about growing up and figuring out what you want in your life and what is most important part. While Garrett needed to grow up and realize that he has been in dream of what he thought life while in reality it was quite different. On the other hand Julie needed to have a little bit of fun in life and not be so concerned about her son that she forgets that she needs a life too. During the story you learn to love both of the main charcters and get questions over what will happen between Pai ...more
Amy
Feb 18, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Linda Lael Miller books. And even though I was sad that she moved over to Texas for this section of the McKettricks series, I love these guys as much as the originals. I'm enjoying the Texas trilogy and can't wait to read the third (though it is a little corny that the 3 sisters fall for and end up with 3 brothers; I wonder how different the story would be if they had been friends instead of sisters?). Anyway, a good contemporary, cowboy romance with believable characters struggling throu ...more
Lori
May 20, 2010 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another winner from LLM. Garrett could have come off as too slick, but he was just a sweet, sensitive guy. I love the way he interacted with Calvin. Julie took a little longer to warm up to, simply because of her overprotectiveness as a parent. But she loosened up a little as the book went on, and her sense of humor and goodness began yo shine through. I liked that even though she thought there likely wasn't a chance in the long term for her and Garrett, she always remained open to possibilities ...more
Melissa
I actually started reading Linda Lael Miller through her Creed series (of which I had obtained a free copy) and that was the only reason why I even looked at her. I found the book average, but something told me I should read more because I did like her writing style. So comes this book, the 2nd in the McKettrick series. While I highly recommend starting with the first, not too much was missed by starting out with this one for me as far as background goes.

After the senator he works for dives into
Erotic Horizon
After listening to TATE , the first book in the Lael Miller latest addition to the Mckettrick series of books I was just too eager for the follow up so I opted to read the next one instead and I loved it.

In GARRETT, the book literally picks up a few month after the first book ended and Garrett is now home on the spread – spread, yes , because that is how the small town of Blue River think of the vast lot of property that now house the McKettrick brothers, their loved ones, their animal and some
Willow Brook
May 29, 2010 Willow Brook rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Another enjoyable installment about the McKettricks, namely Garrett who is at a crossroads as he decides whether to continue to pursue a career in national politics or return at the family ranch to help his older brother run things. I found the plot regarding rustlers more interesting than the political scandal Garrett's boss had plunged into, but both contributed nicely to the overall story.

The interactions among the three brothers were good but I had a harder time with Garrett's romance with J
Jamie
Sep 09, 2010 Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the McKettricks of Texas series and I really enjoyed this one too. See Garret is a very interesting hero...He thinks he's on the road to be a career politician but then there are some circumstances that make him think maybe he's NOT cut out to be in that line of work. He likes to think the best of people and over look their faults also.

Then we have Julie who is Garrett's high school nemisis. Even though she is oh so attracted to Garrett she has a career, a child AND a
Ryann Murphy
Garrett works for a married political giant who has taken a wrong turn by going public with an illicit affair. He feels betrayed by the man he idolized, so he quits
and returns home to the family ranch. Upon arrival, he finds that the family's home is currently inhabited by temporarily displaced Julie, her son, Calvin, and their three-legged dog, Harry.

Julie can't deny her attraction to Garrett, but she is determined to be cautious both to protect her young son and because she can't imagine that
Has
Dec 08, 2010 Has rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book thirteen of the McKettrick series and is part of a trilogy that tells the story about three brothers who are descendants of the famous clan that started almost a 100 years ago in Texas. In this book it’s the story of the middle brother, Garrett McKettrick. Garret is having a bad night, and is seeing his political ambitions crumble when the senator – whom he has been assisting for years – is having a major meltdown before his eyes by dumping his wife for a stripper.
Garret returns bac
Leya
Feb 11, 2013 Leya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another nice story starring a McKettrick and a Remington. Am I the only one that thinks it's strange that three brothers would fall for three sisters - the premise of the series. I think it is, but that won't stop me from reading the books.

Garrett is in a crossroads of sorts, the Senator that he worked for is involved in a scandal and Garrett is licking his wounds at home. I found him somewhat naive when it came the the "good" senator. Or maybe just idealistic about this person he put on a pede
Christi Snow
Jun 01, 2011 Christi Snow rated it really liked it
My Review:
Garrett's a politician with his eyes on the Senate. Julie's a small town teacher with her eyes on the next school play. On paper, they have nothing in common, but when Julie's house is getting fumigated and Garrett is suddenly and unexpectedly fired, they find themselves living together in the McKettrick sprawling mansion and the chemistry starts to churn.

This book was great! I loved the added element that Calvin (Julie's son, age 4) contributed to the book. He's such a wise little boy
Jamie - Nitty Gritty Reviews

• Montana Destiny
  • Tall, Dark, and Texan (Whispering Mountain, #3)
  • The Cowboy (Bitter Creek #1)
  • Bright Eyes (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #5)
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • Against the Fire (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #2)
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

McKettricks (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • High Country Bride (McKettricks, #1)
  • Shotgun Bride (McKettricks, #2)
  • Secondhand Bride (McKettricks, #3)
  • McKettrick's Choice (McKettricks, #4)
  • Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks, #5)
  • McKettrick's Luck (McKettricks, #6)
  • McKettrick's Pride (McKettricks, #7)
  • McKettrick's Heart (McKettricks, #8)
  • The McKettrick Way (McKettricks, #9)
  • A McKettrick Christmas (McKettricks, #10)