Man of Her Dreams (Loveswept, #331)

Man of Her Dreams (Quaid Horses #2)

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  250 ratings  ·  23 reviews
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag comes this romance classic about a man in love—and the woman who’s determined to prove it to him…

Maggie McSwain should have been thrilled when Rylan Quaid asked her to marry him. Instead, she was crushed. After all her romantic fantasies, Ry’s proposal was missing one crucial element: love. But Maggie would prove to Ry th...more
Published (first published May 1st 1989)

Tia
Maggie has been in love with Rylan since she was a little girl. When her best friend and Rylan's sister got married, Rylan too realized that he was getting old and needed to settle down. Rylan asked Maggie if she'd marry him but did it in such a way, it wasn't even a question. So Maggie threw champagne in his face and stormed off.

After a while of being sad Maggie dusted herself off and decided to seduce Rylan any chance she got. She even flirted with other men to make Rylan jealous and he was te...more
Kristy Trauzzi
Jan 23, 2010 Kristy Trauzzi rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Kristy by: no one
Anita Fleming
Ryland owns a horse farm and things are looking really good for him. His prize jumper is going to stud and should earn him a whole lot of money. He thinks it is time to get married and has picked Maggie. He thinks they will be a good fit. Because his experience with Love has been all bad, he wants nothing to do with it.

Magggie has loved Ryland from the moment she laid eyes on him. He is the brother of her best friend. When he proposes, for about 30 seconds she is the happiest woman on the planet...more
Marianne
Man of Her Dreams is the 2nd in the Quaid Horses series by Tami Hoag. When Maggie McSwain gets a long desired marriage proposal from Rylan Quaid, the man she's been secretly in love with for 9 years, she had hoped for something better than "I suppose we could just as well get married". In fact, she's so dismayed, she throws her champagne in his face. She wants to marry him, but when he lays out all the practical reasons, she feels the most important one is missing: he has never told her he loves...more
Tammy
I liked this book WAY better than the other recent romance books from her that I've read lately. This main female had a backbone and spunk. The story was interesting. It still went a little long in the "I can't tell her I love her" drama, but better than the previous ones!
Tess Mertens-Johnson
Nothing like a feisty woman to tame a man!
Maggie and Ry and the woman and man. They have know each other for years, and were dating for six months (no sex) and he pops the question at a wedding in a very "if you haven't got anything else going on" kind of way. She lets him have it.
The rest of the book is Maggie being headstrong and Ry being a big dumb guy who can't tell how he feels, and when he tries it comes out wrong.
I enjoyed the banter back and forth and the sex did happen.
In the end, all w...more
Carrie
This was a quick and easy read. Especially since I listened to it. I needed something light to listen too while doing housework and this one fit the bill.

On top of that, it was light enough that I enjoyed it. Sometimes reading a 'fru fru' story with a happy ending just what we all read. I enjoy them for there simplicity.
Jeanne
This is one of Tami Hoag's "little" romance novels, written before she started writing suspense thrillers. It was a quick read and predictable. The story is set in the horse country of Virginia, near Charlottesville. Ry and Maggie were likable characters and I loved the two old ladies, particularly the ribald one.
Darcy
This one was a predictable older romance, but still cute. Ryland the clueless guy, Maggie the woman who knows exactly who she wants. At times there games back and forth were funny, but mostly you wanted to shake both of them and yell at them to grow up. I was happy when the "friend" thing went away.
Kristal
I love Tami Hoag's books, but it was really hard to read this one. If I read "Jeepers cripes" or "sugar" or "Lord" one more time, I was going to throw the book. I'm glad her books have gotten better through out the years since this book and that her sense of character has greatly improved!
Melanie♥
Two stars for the predictable story.
One star for the narrator's horrible accent. The reader did a good job on the narrative part of the story, but when she did the accents, it made me cringe! I can't believe I listened to the whole thing.
Wendy
This book seemed to keep missing the mark. Everytime something would happen there seemed to be a let down. I realize this book was written as a Harlaquin type novel, but I feel it truely missed some opportunities.
Janalynn
One of the most boring books I have ever managed to finish reading. Where is the interaction with other characters? Where are the subplots? Totally disappointing.
Luz Adriana
It was okay. Her other novels about murder and suspense are better than her romance novels.
Diane
Not bad for a Harlequin type romance. But I enjoy Tami Hoag's mystery novels better.
Allison
I like this book. Rylan was a funny country boy. The story was predictable but good.
Mindy
I just couldn't do it...I was over the silliness by the 2nd chapter.
Maggie
Cute but predictable. I liked "Rumor Has It" better.
Donnajo
NL's Color My Palette Lipstick red or Deep sensual red.
Carrie
Not much story and not great writing. It was okay.
SheLove2Read
Dated and slightly silly.
Charlene
Pretty standard read.
debbie martinez
debbie martinez marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Marize Bossert
Marize Bossert marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
  • Against the Mark (The Brodies, #2)
  • Perfect Harmony: Unfinished Business\Local Hero
  • Informed Risk & A Hero for Sophie Jones
  • Not Without Risk (Undercover Cops, #1)
  • Jessica (Sunfire, #6)
  • The Emperor's New Clothes
  • The Millionaire Meets His Match
  • This Magic Moment (Magic, #4)
  • Hot for the Reunion (The Gridiron Lovers #0.5)
  • Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)
  • The Return
  • One in a Million: One in a Million\A Dad for Her Twins
  • Protector (Long, Tall Texans, #37)
  • Home for the Holidays
  • The Seduction of Scandal (Scandals and Seductions, #5)
  • One True Love (Cupid, Texas, #0.5)
  • Board Stiff (A Dead-End Job Mystery, #12)
  • Yesterday
Tami Hoag is the #1 international bestselling author of thirty books. Renowned for combining thrilling plots with character-driven suspense, Hoag first hit the New York Times bestseller list with Night Sins, and each of her books since has been a bestseller. She lives in Southern California and Florida.
More about Tami Hoag...
Ashes to Ashes (Kovac/Liska, #1) Secrets to the Grave (Oak Knoll, #2) Deeper Than the Dead (Oak Knoll, #1) Guilty as Sin  (Deer Lake #2) Prior Bad Acts (Kovac/Liska, #3)