Start by marking “Man of Her Dreams (Loveswept, #331)” as Want to Read:
Man of Her Dreams (Loveswept, #331)

Man of Her Dreams (Quaid Horses #2)

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag comes this romance classic about a man in love—and the woman who’s determined to prove it to him…

Maggie McSwain should have been thrilled when Rylan Quaid asked her to marry him. Instead, she was crushed. After all her romantic fantasies, Ry’s proposal was missing one crucial element: love. But Maggie would prove to Ry th
Published (first published May 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Man of Her Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man of Her Dreams

Feb 27, 2012 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maggie has been in love with Rylan since she was a little girl. When her best friend and Rylan's sister got married, Rylan too realized that he was getting old and needed to settle down. Rylan asked Maggie if she'd marry him but did it in such a way, it wasn't even a question. So Maggie threw champagne in his face and stormed off.

After a while of being sad Maggie dusted herself off and decided to seduce Rylan any chance she got. She even flirted with other men to make Rylan jealous and he was te
Kristy Trauzzi
Jan 23, 2010 Kristy Trauzzi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Kristy by: no one
Mar 08, 2013 Anita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Ryland owns a horse farm and things are looking really good for him. His prize jumper is going to stud and should earn him a whole lot of money. He thinks it is time to get married and has picked Maggie. He thinks they will be a good fit. Because his experience with Love has been all bad, he wants nothing to do with it.

Magggie has loved Ryland from the moment she laid eyes on him. He is the brother of her best friend. When he proposes, for about 30 seconds she is the happiest woman on the planet
Sep 13, 2015 Coleen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In an attempt to read more female mystery writers, I saw and bought this book by Tami Hoag. Her name had been referenced as a good mystery author. Unfortunately, this book must have been one of her early books and involved romance. Ugh. Sorry, but despite her decent writing, the story was yukky to me. Althoug obviously it got a good author writing and headed for many years of,success.....
Oct 16, 2011 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Man of Her Dreams is the 2nd in the Quaid Horses series by Tami Hoag. When Maggie McSwain gets a long desired marriage proposal from Rylan Quaid, the man she's been secretly in love with for 9 years, she had hoped for something better than "I suppose we could just as well get married". In fact, she's so dismayed, she throws her champagne in his face. She wants to marry him, but when he lays out all the practical reasons, she feels the most important one is missing: he has never told her he loves ...more
Aug 25, 2016 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A good little romance. Maggie McSwain is in love with Rylan Quaid. However, Rylan doesn't want to be in love with anyone or so he thinks. He asks Maggie to marry him, but his proposal didn't have any love with it. Maggie is crushed and determined that he will love her, and ask her again.
May 30, 2014 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book WAY better than the other recent romance books from her that I've read lately. This main female had a backbone and spunk. The story was interesting. It still went a little long in the "I can't tell her I love her" drama, but better than the previous ones!
Nov 26, 2014 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story definitely sizzled; I enjoyed all the antics of the main characters as they tried to find ways to convince each other that they should be together. The romance and humor made the story very enjoyable. Definitely recommend to others.
Felicia Lanham
Jun 12, 2016 Felicia Lanham rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable Harlequin Romance type novel I expected, but (gag) not all the "Well, Sugar" and "Gosh, darn it, Mary Margaret!"(s). I don't care for foul language, but neither do I like the forced sweetness of Southern substitutions.
Elizabeth Meadows
I only listened to this because it was in a box of audio books that I acquired in a lot from a sale. It started out pretty good but I did not enjoy it overall. It was basically about a young woman whose boyfriend asks her to marry him, but only for practical reasons. She does not want to marry him unless he loves her. So she primarily uses sex and sex appeal to try to get him to fall in love with her. This goes against all of the moral principles that I have ever been taught so I did not identif ...more
Oct 03, 2015 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A romance novel with the horses! Not a believer in romance and happy ever after endings.
Aug 17, 2015 Patty rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Stupid romance....also sexist, but it helped me pass the time on a long car ride.
Apr 05, 2016 Melinda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not a murder mystery, which is indicative of Tami. This is 100% romance.
Michelle Haxton
Dec 25, 2015 Michelle Haxton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story. I didn't realize when I picked it up that it wasn't a standalone novel, so I felt like I was missing something in some parts.
Tess Mertens-Johnson
Nothing like a feisty woman to tame a man!
Maggie and Ry and the woman and man. They have know each other for years, and were dating for six months (no sex) and he pops the question at a wedding in a very "if you haven't got anything else going on" kind of way. She lets him have it.
The rest of the book is Maggie being headstrong and Ry being a big dumb guy who can't tell how he feels, and when he tries it comes out wrong.
I enjoyed the banter back and forth and the sex did happen.
In the end, all w
I almost had to stop in the middle of the book because I couldn't stop laughing whenever our ultra rough, rugged and manly cowboy hero would say "Jeepers cripes!" or "Crimeny!" At one point he got so angry he actually said "Hell and damnation!" At other times I thought this book was beyond ridiculous what with Maggie deciding she's going to make Ryland fall in love with her by wearing sexy clothes (confusing love and lust much?) and Ryland's ridiculous reverse psychology ideas... This is one of ...more
This was a quick and easy read. Especially since I listened to it. I needed something light to listen too while doing housework and this one fit the bill.

On top of that, it was light enough that I enjoyed it. Sometimes reading a 'fru fru' story with a happy ending just what we all read. I enjoy them for there simplicity.
May 05, 2009 Jeanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-reads
This is one of Tami Hoag's "little" romance novels, written before she started writing suspense thrillers. It was a quick read and predictable. The story is set in the horse country of Virginia, near Charlottesville. Ry and Maggie were likable characters and I loved the two old ladies, particularly the ribald one.
May 18, 2010 Darcy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, audio-book, romance
This one was a predictable older romance, but still cute. Ryland the clueless guy, Maggie the woman who knows exactly who she wants. At times there games back and forth were funny, but mostly you wanted to shake both of them and yell at them to grow up. I was happy when the "friend" thing went away.
May 13, 2010 Kristal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love Tami Hoag's books, but it was really hard to read this one. If I read "Jeepers cripes" or "sugar" or "Lord" one more time, I was going to throw the book. I'm glad her books have gotten better through out the years since this book and that her sense of character has greatly improved!
Jun 30, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: car-audio-book
very good
Two stars for the predictable story.
One star for the narrator's horrible accent. The reader did a good job on the narrative part of the story, but when she did the accents, it made me cringe! I can't believe I listened to the whole thing.
This book seemed to keep missing the mark. Everytime something would happen there seemed to be a let down. I realize this book was written as a Harlaquin type novel, but I feel it truely missed some opportunities.
May 20, 2010 Janalynn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the most boring books I have ever managed to finish reading. Where is the interaction with other characters? Where are the subplots? Totally disappointing.
Jun 01, 2015 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-new
Luz Adriana
It was okay. Her other novels about murder and suspense are better than her romance novels.
Jun 25, 2016 Christi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than the first in the series. Great chemistry between the main characters.
Sep 28, 2011 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad for a Harlequin type romance. But I enjoy Tami Hoag's mystery novels better.
I like this book. Rylan was a funny country boy. The story was predictable but good.
I just couldn't do it...I was over the silliness by the 2nd chapter.
  • Blue Velvet
  • Jessica (Sunfire, #6)
  • Pink Moon
  • Not Without Risk (Undercover Cops, #1)
  • The Emperor's New Clothes
  • The Seduction of Scandal (Scandals and Seductions, #5)
  • Snowflakes on the Sea
  • The Return
  • So Enchanting
  • One True Love (Cupid, Texas, #0.5)
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Board Stiff (A Dead-End Job Mystery, #12)
  • A Very Merry Christmas
  • Elena Undone
  • Perfect Harmony: Unfinished Business / Local Hero
  • One in a Million \ A Dad for Her Twins
  • The Worn Out Woman: When Life is Full and Your Spirit is Empty
  • Oh-So-Sensible Secretary
Tami Hoag is the #1 internationally bestselling author of more than thirty books published in more than thirty languages worldwide, including her latest thrillers—BITTER SEASON, COLD COLD HEART and THE 9TH GIRL. Renowned for combining thrilling plots with character-driven suspense, Hoag first hit the New York Times Bestseller list with NIGHT SINS, and each of her books since has been a bestseller. ...more
More about Tami Hoag...