Start by marking “Mother of Prevention” as Want to Read:
Mother of Prevention

Mother of Prevention

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Moving to San Francisco offers Kate Madison a fresh start--just what Kate and her two daughters need after her firefighter husband's tragic death. A move out of Oklahoma City's tornado zone and snakes and...wait. "Earthquakes"? San Francisco has earthquakes!

Kate arrives to find not earthquakes but friends ready to help, from fun-loving neighbor Mazi to Lee, the advice-givi
Published March 1st 2005 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Mother of Prevention, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mother of Prevention

Melissa
Depressing. Husband dies, wife raising two kids, broke, has to move across the country. Well written but a big downer.
Dianesugars
What a wondeful story this is! I really enjoyed this book, and I loved the main character, Kate. This book is not all happy go lucky, but it ends wonderfully and not as I expected it to when I was in the middle of the story. I thought at one point in the book (about mid-way through) I knew exactly how it was going to end, but I was wrong!! I actually loved the ending! I cannot wait to read more of Lori Coplands books!
Stacey
Liked the actual story, didn't like the fact that she had to bring prayer into it. It would have been a good drama/romance if prayer wasn't in the story. I didn't finish the book because of that.
Brooke
This was a quick read that was engaging. There were lots of funny parts but also some parts that tug at the heart strings. I felt the end was a bit rushed but overall I liked the book.
Heidi
Such a great read! I've so enjoyed this book. Its sad but funny, depressing yet hopeful. Really liked how 'real' it was. Excellent
Ratforce
Fans of Debbie Macomber may also enjoy inspirational author Lori Copeland, who writes upbeat and family-centered stories.
Susan Powers
I loved this book! Once I got started, I had a hard time putting it down.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Daphne
Daphne marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Debbie Canapp
Debbie Canapp marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Church
Church added it
Oct 22, 2014
Karen Robertson
Karen Robertson marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Cami
Cami added it
Oct 05, 2014
Colly Mizenko
Colly Mizenko marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Darlene Dockhorn
Darlene Dockhorn marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Tina Page
Tina Page marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Gelene Keever
Gelene Keever marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Rachel Parrish white
Rachel Parrish white marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lori Copeland was born on 12 June 1941. She had a relatively late start in writing, breaking into publishing in 1982 when she was already forty years old. Over the next dozen years, her romance novels achieved much success, as was evidenced by her winning the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, The Holt Medallion, and Walden Books' Best Seller award. She has been inducted into the Missouri Wri ...more
More about Lori Copeland...
Faith  (Brides of the West #1) Hope (Brides of the West, #3) Glory (Brides of the West, #4) June (Brides of the West, #2) Ruth (Brides of the West #5)