Start by marking “Heaven: Biblical Answers to Common Questions” as Want to Read:
Heaven: Biblical Answers to Common Questions

Heaven: Biblical Answers to Common Questions

This pocket-sized 60-page booklet provides a sampling of some of the questions and answers found in Randy Alcorn's Heaven. This handy little booklet makes a great gift!

Features: 18 easy-to-understand questions and answers adapted from the best-selling Heaven Perfect gift for non-believers Great evangelism piece Convenient pocket-size, easy to fit in purses, backpacks, and
Kindle Edition, Booklet, 60 pages
Published October 2009 by Tyndale House (first published June 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven

Shawsha
Apr 07, 2014 Shawsha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to get the booklet version before I decided to read the full book. I thought it was full of good information, and look forward to reading the book.
Elizabeth Johnson
Apr 08, 2014 Elizabeth Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-study
Good overview of the biblical descriptions of heaven. Accurate and hope-filled without any needless speculation. Would serve as a good jumping-off point for further study.
Gabriel Wallis
Sep 13, 2012 Gabriel Wallis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians and non-Christians
Shelves: 2012
It was so good to read this booklet; it was good to read a book about Heaven. As Christians, we get so lost in the daily humdrum of life that we forget all about our Promise Land... Heaven! This booklet took a look at Biblical answers to common questions about Heaven... who will be there, what will we do, will we really have bodies, and how can we know for sure we'll go to Heaven? I recommend this book to Christians and non-Christians alike.
Raphael Mnkandhla
Nov 01, 2016 Raphael Mnkandhla rated it it was amazing
Great answers

The author is right there many misconceptions about heaven even amongst believers. This little book is a primer in answering basic questions about heaven and would recommend this first before reading the book about heaven by Randy Alcorn. Even for those that have read the book this becomes a refresher every time the subject of Heaven brought up.
Trinity Rose
Feb 25, 2016 Trinity Rose rated it it was amazing
Biblical Answers to Common Questions about Heaven by Randy Alcorn is simply a beautiful book. It is very short, just 60 pages.
Some of the questions are: Will Heaven (the New Earth) Be an Actual Place?
Will we Remember What Happened on Earth?
Will There Be Animals on the New Earth?
Will There Be Marriage and Family in Heaven?
Many such questions and very well thought out answers.
One of my favorite parts in is the chapter about recognizing people in Heaven. Remember at the Transfiguration, the disci
Michelle
Aug 01, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a couple of years ago and even though he meanders a bit, I KNOW I will never think of heaven the same way again! It was an enlightening journey among what Scripture HAS revealed about heaven and was far more "in character" with our Almighty Creator's attributes than the usual harp-strumming, cloud-sitting caricatures of our eternal home. I loved it and have recommended it many times. (A comfort to those who mourn as well.)
Louisa Black
Aug 22, 2016 Louisa Black rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
This was a great read. Presented in a straightforward and clear way that kept you focused and made you think more about our future in a way I might not have before.
There are plenty of scriptures for you to turn to so you can read and think about things for yourself. Will be reading more from this author. x
Susan Mills
Mar 29, 2015 Susan Mills rated it it was ok
A Thoughtful Booklet

Our author has given much thought to our future heaven, but the more he writes, the worse it sounds. His conceptions of heaven are way too much like our NOW but without sin. He believes time is still in force. I prefer the mystique of our future lives. In all, our author believes too much.
Anne
Apr 29, 2016 Anne rated it really liked it
Thought-provoking shortened version of the book. The author expounds his personal thoughts as well as biblically based evidence of what Heaven will be like. This pamphlet opened my eyes to the possibilities of what awaits me after life on this earth has been completed. It made me look forward to Heaven in new ways.
Janet
Jul 05, 2016 Janet rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-ebooks
Short. Good summary. Of course I need to read the full book now as I am not completely sold on some of his answers. I suspect the book will clarify. As I tend to agree with most of his theology thus far I fully expect to be convinced. Was just surprised at a few of them. Especially liked the clarity of how to be sure you will get to heaven at the end.
Susan
Jul 21, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
Very good booklet of what heaven will be like. Now I want to read his book that has more details. This booklet referenced specific scripture to support his conclusions and was very easy to read ! My first Randy Alcorn book and I look forward to reading more.
Buck Norton
Aug 11, 2015 Buck Norton rated it did not like it
Heaven: straightforward answers

This introduction to what the Bible tells about Heaven is a real eye-opener! It brings Heaven to earth and makes it something to really look forward to I wish that all the Biblical references were linked to an on-line Bible site.
Buck Norton
Roland
Jul 09, 2014 Roland rated it it was amazing
Heaven

I was at the hospital last night with a dear friend as she passed from this life to Heaven. This booklet encouraged me in the fact that I will see her again. Very good for everyone to read.
Stuart
May 29, 2016 Stuart rated it it was amazing
A new way of seeing Heaven.

I've never considered Alcorn's viewpoint about this subject till now. For me a large part of not understanding the subject is not reading about and studying it. So looking forward to Heaven even more now after reading this book.
Marguerite Harrell
Great book and great answers to the common questions that people have about Heaven. Great short easy reading book.
Cheryl Lopatka
Apr 17, 2014 Cheryl Lopatka rated it it was amazing
Good book

I enjoyed this book. having many loved ones in heaven, I found this book comforting. I recommend this book for anyone.
Thomas R. Winscher
May 26, 2015 Thomas R. Winscher rated it it was amazing
Excellent novelette

This is like cliff notes for the whole book. Excellent. I recommend that everyone read it and the full book too .
Faith
This was short, but very good and definitely informative. I highly recommend it if you don't want to, or have time to, read the full 480 book.
Bonnie
Jul 21, 2014 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Short little book offering an overview of the Bible's teachings on Heaven. While some points are debatable on details, Alcorn's approach is strongly rooted in Scripture and encouraging.
Logan
Jun 02, 2014 Logan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very simple but poignant booklet that clears up some of the common modern misconceptions about heaven. Great as a starter for many evangelicals who fear heaven might not be all that great.
Carol
Jul 07, 2010 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful book describing what we can expect from heaven (temporary home) and the New Earth (permanent home). I had never heard some of these views before.
Ryan Ray
Apr 09, 2013 Ryan Ray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-theology
Takes about 20-30 minutes to read through. Good overview. Would need to read full book before commenting on all points, but this is a good starting spot.
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Tamara
Tamara rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
Mark Stapel
Mark Stapel rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2013
Key Ket
Key Ket rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Meredith
Meredith rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Terri
Terri rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Rod
Rod rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014
  • Blood Work: How the Blood of Christ Accomplishes Our Salvation
  • How the Bible Came to Be (Ebook Shorts)
  • What is The Church? (Crucial Questions #17)
  • Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ
  • Letters to a Young Pastor
  • Found: God's Will
  • Who is Jesus... Really?: A Dialogue on God, Man, and Grace
  • How the Gospel Brings Us All the Way Home
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim
More about Randy Alcorn...

“No death, no suffering. No funeral homes, abortion clinics, or psychiatric wards. No rape, missing children, or drug rehabilitation centers. No bigotry, no muggings or killings. No worry or depression or economic downturns. No wars, no unemployment. No anguish over failure and miscommunication. No con men. No locks. No death. No mourning. No pain. No boredom. No arthritis, no handicaps, no cancer, no taxes, no bills, no computer crashes, no weeds, no bombs, no drunkenness, no traffic jams and accidents, no septic-tank backups. No mental illness. No unwanted e-mails. Close friendships but no cliques, laughter but no put-downs. Intimacy, but no temptation to immorality. No hidden agendas, no backroom deals, no betrayals. Imagine mealtimes full of stories, laughter, and joy, without fear of insensitivity, inappropriate behavior, anger, gossip, lust, jealousy, hurt feelings, or anything that eclipses joy. That will be Heaven.” 1 likes
“Heaven, then, is not our default destination. No one goes there automatically. Unless our sin problem is dealt with, the only place we can go is Hell, our true default destination when we die.” 0 likes