Start by marking “Get Anyone to Do Anything: Never Feel Powerless Again--With Psychological Secrets to Control and Influence Every Situation” as Want to Read:

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  659 ratings  ·  46 reviews
The legendary leader in the field of human behavior delivers the national bestselling, must-read phenomenon that changed the rules. Utilizing the latest advancements in human behavior, Dr. Lieberman's critically acclaimed techniques show you step-by-step how to gain the clear advantage in every situation.

Get anyone to find you attractive
Get the instant advantage in any rel...more
Published April 1st 2010 by St. Martin's Press (first published May 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Get Anyone to Do Anything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Anyone to Do Anything

Jen
Sep 21, 2008 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone needing to neutralize the Obnoxious
Recommended to Jen by: Frisco via Traci
You're a smart person, I think we can both agree. It's good to learn techniques that make your life easier, isn't it? You want to read this book, right?
Cecilia Burk Carter
Picked up this book while looking for a distraction. Been smiling the whole way through so far. Surprise!...It's not about manipulation. The phychological principles are natural things we do as humans and most of the time we don't even know it! The findings are based on research and every one of them rings true as I picture my own life experiences. It's all stuff most of us eventually learn, but I wish I'd had this book in high school and college. I'd have been less confused.

Still chuckling my w...more
Amina
Awesome tips are given in this miraculous books. Most people already know half the things written in this book but the way David writes these in relation our day to day lives is amazing and very helpful... I would recommend it to everyone.
Carl
Feb 09, 2008 Carl rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of psychology; success leaves clues
Shelves: self-motivation
Practicaly psychology applied to everyday interactions. It's definitely worth reading. More than manipulation, it tells you how to control yourself, motivate others, and deliver the message that you want during an encounter.

B/B = BUY
Alice Verberne
David Lieberman seems too young to have written such an insightful book on human behavior. It is a great quick-reference to keep at the office when folks see a bit out of control and you need a little help in understanding how they tick.
K.
If you're looking for a book on Influence and Persuasion - I'd recommend reading Robert Cialdini instead. If you're looking for a book on simple manipulative tricks... maybe this is the book for you.
Arminius
It offers some good ideas about how to handle difficult situations. I don't think they all will work but it is never-the-less interesting.
Topolub
I bought copies of this for my whole family at christmas. It is not an evil manipulative book, but a good thoughtful manipulative book.
Molly Octopus
NOTES

[Law of Association] The circumstances/moods we are in color our perceptions of the people that are there at the time.

[Repeat Exposure] People like things that they are exposed to more

[Reciprocal Affection] We like people more when they like us.

Shared Experiences.

We like people who make us feel good.

We dislike people more after doing them harm.

Seeing someone you like doing something stupid or clumsy will make you like him more.

Adrenaline generates and intensifies passionate feelings.

People...more
Marcie Lovett
This book came highly recommended; however, I couldn't finish reading it because the techniques he described seemed manipulative. What was I thinking with a title like that?

Allegedly, he provides "psychological secrets to gain control of any situation." The "secrets" either were commonplace behaviors or downright deceptive.

I read the paperback book, but it wasn't one of the choices from goodreads. I wouldn't recommend it.
Cornelius
I remember picking up this book and wondering at all the possibilities. I figured most people were too stupid to pick it up, and gladly picked it out of the library.

As I read through it, I noticed the book was poorly written for the most part (subjects aren't really fleshed out, and everything is followed by "all the time!") It was easy to overlook this, as I imagined soon my attractive neighbor would be all over me and my boss would be doing my bidding.

When attempted in real life, it did not w...more
DC
It is reminiscent of Greene's The 48 Laws of Power, but while that book holds more principles, THIS book give you concrete tools on how to accomplish those principles.

It's a great hodgepodge of things you can do to get anyone to do anything, but I suppose it can sound ruthless to the meek. I personally thought it was great, and I liked the note at the end wherein the author noted how this book wasn't meant to fix deep-seated emotional problems, but can help in small everyday steps.
Hassan Alfifi
Helpful , useful and full of tips to deal with people around you .
Chia
cuma baca yg versi indo.y.. kerren (y)
Natasha (Diarist) Holme
Jun 07, 2014 Natasha (Diarist) Holme rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who has to deal with *people*
Shelves: advice, non-fiction
An easy, succinct read, this is chock-full of excellent, clear advise for dealing with people in any situation.
Ivo Stoykov
Good reading. If you are interested in self developing and are curious why things happens read this book. It is not long so it even does not requires much time.

I've read it twice. After the first reading I've became aware of commented situations and now I can easily note when they occur. The second reading helped me to note also my reaction in these situations and to correct some of them.
Waseem
really good book with some good pointers and gold nuggets of advice, I thought a lil comical at some points, but thats just my unique sense of humour :-) - 4 stars, does exactly what it says in the headline - will give you great advice, but won't call it the holy grail if you think ya'll get it all from this one book alone

Waseem
www.InternetRichesMentor.com
Anton Klink
Having read it quite a number of years ago, I remember thinking it was OK but not much else. Neither can I seem to be able to remember too many specifics about it. Obviously it wasn't awful, otherwise I would have remembered that, but neither was it good enough to burn a vivid image into my mind, so two stars is the most I can give it in hindsight.
Hendra
Aug 06, 2008 Hendra rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: orang yang selalu kalah berargumen
Shelves: psychology
buku yang berisi teknik-teknik psikologi persuasif yang bisa dipakai dalam kegiatan sehari-hari dengan penyajian yang sederhana...
lumayan menyegarkan, memberikan ide, sayangnya seperti kebanyakan buku psikologi populer lainnya, teknik-teknik yang disajikan sebenarnya telah diulang-ulang di buku-buku lainnya
Puput
nih buku utk kamu-kamu atau utk aku juga hehe..yg mau mengubah first impression. Tadinya aku pikir nih buku berat..ternyata bahasa gampang dicerna n pas bacanya manggut-manggut karna emang real dan mudah dipraktekkan. Untuk membangun hubungan baik sih.. selamat mencoba perubahan!
Christine
It is really an interesting book on how to handle a specific situation and how to influence people. This book will help you to become a better person with self-esteem and you will never feel powerless again upon reading this book.
Martha
The first half of the book had value. It gave clear examples of how your word and actions influence the actions of others. The second half of the book was not as practical and felt like it was talking to a targeted "abused" audience.
Nate Hewitt
Really liked this, and is a great starter for those interested in influence, psychology and body language. Will definitely put you in the right direction of that field. Useful , everyday tools to use.
Danijel Brestovac
LIEBERMAN, J. David. Get anyone to do anything.

BY IGNORING THE PERSON YOU DO NOT SHOW HOW BIG AND IMPORTANT YOU ARE, BUT HOW SMALL YOU ARE. BY GIVING EVERYONE RESPECT, INTENTION YOU GAINED CHARISMA.
Carlos Francisco
very nice and easy to understand book!.. it shows the best ways to get people to like you, do you favors, stop lying to you and etc.. in a light material that everybody can understand and put practice on
Jam
This book will teach you a thing or two. It can teach you how to play with other people's minds and to read their gestures. It can dictate how you'll act if you wish to apply it.
-Marisa -
Generally the point of this book is similar with another Mr. Lieberman book "Agar siapa saja mau melakukan apa saja untuk anda", but still interesting for me.
Vivera Siregar
menunjukkan cara mengendalikan situasi dan mengoptimalkan potensi diri dalam pergaulan, termasuk cara menjadi manusia efektif dalam situasi sulit.
Eric
"Get anyone to do anything" had a couple nuggets in it, but for the most part the author and title is promising more than the book can give.
T
As evident by the hyperbolic title, this book is full of overblown generalizations and some dubious techniques to manipulate people.
  • Covert Persuasion: Psychological Tactics and Tricks to Win the Game
  • How to Read a Person Like a Book
  • Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words
  • How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You
  • The Art of Speed Reading People: How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language
  • Focal Point: A Proven System to Simplify Your Life, Double Your Productivity, and Achieve All Your Goals
  • How to Argue & Win Every Time: At Home, At Work, In Court, Everywhere, Everyday
  • Reading People: How to Understand People and Predict Their Behavior- -Anytime, Anyplace
  • Rules of the Game
  • Introducing NLP: Neuro-Linguistic Programming
  • The Psychology of Winning
  • Influence: Science and Practice
  • First Impressions: What You Don't Know About How Others See You
David J. Lieberman, Ph.D., is an internationally recognized leader in the field of human behavior and interpersonal relationships. He is the creator of NeuroDynamic Analysis for short-term therapy.