Start by marking “Sincerely: Sincerly, Sophie; Sincerely, Katie” as Want to Read:
Sincerely: Sincerly, Sophie; Sincerely, Katie

Sincerely: Sincerly, Sophie; Sincerely, Katie

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  236 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Eleven-year-old Sophie Turner attends an all-girls private school in Manhattan. When Sophie’s family falls apart and her best friend rejects her for a faster crowd, Sophie’s only source of comfort is the distant voice of her school-assigned pen pal, Katie.

Eleven-year-old Katie Franklin lives in California. She is thrilled to be spearheading a charity pr
Published June 8th 2010 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published May 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sincerely, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sincerely

Janelle
“Sincerely”
Courtney Sheinmel
Realistic Fiction
392 pages
Finished book 11/14/12

I just finished the book “Sincerely”. This book is about a girl named Sophie writing to her pen pal Katie who lives in California. This book includes Sincerely Sophie and Sincerely Katie. Sophie has entered the sixth grade and has realized that her life is not perfect anymore. She noticed that her best friend Jessie has totally changed. Jessie is hanging out with her knew best friends including the girls Lindsay and Mel
Joyce
Sophie thinks that the pen pal assignment will just be another boring thing that she has to do. However, soon, her world starts to fall apart. Her parents get divorced and her best friend starts to hate her. Angry at her dad leaving, Sophie ignores him at first. These things she can't tell anyone else but Katie, her pen pal. Katie understands, right? Soon, however, Sophie realizes that she really can't keep hiding from her dad, and they make up to each other. Because of the time that they didn't ...more
Emily J
This book I like because it's about two girls who write to eachother because their pen pals. Sophie writes to Katie about personal secrets that she can't tell her sister Haley that would tell her mom in a split second. Sophies parents are getting divorced and her best friend is changing before her eyes. Katie writes about whats happining in school and her Aunt Jane. It's a story about two girls from one coast to another telling eachother secrets.
Rajaa
This was a 2 In 1 book. Sincerely Sophie and Sincerely Katie. I enjoyed both (Sincerely Sophie a bit more) its just it seems too average. Most books have a situation between the parents. (A.K.A Divorce) But the author did give Sophie an edge about how she refused to visit her father just so he can know that what he did wasn't okay. My favorite part was how the author joined both girls in the ending.
Delaney
I liked this book. Both Katie and Sophie are going through really rough times. It is definatley something that you should read.
Veronica
BEST BOOK EVER! YOU SHOULD TOTTALLY READ IT ITS SOOOOO GOOD.
Wendy
Sophie Turner's life is turning upside down. Her best friend, Jessie is now her former enemy. A boy now likes her which makes Jessie jeaous? She has a bratty sister. Sophie's parents are now divorice. Could her life possibly turn worse? No!things were turning better ever since her birthday! She got her own room, as Sophie wish!She is going to California and vist her pen pal Katie!

Ever since Katie heard the story about a major earthquake in San Francinco. She decide to held a donation program.Her
Claire Maxwell
I thought sincerely Sophie wasn't the most challenging book, but it was very realistic, and it definitely made me think about my life, and if it were to be like the girl in the story’s life. The book is about a girl in middle school who is starting to lose her best friend to some other girls. On top of that, her parents decide to get a divorce as the book progresses. The author expresses the feelings and of the girl Sophie, and really created very descriptive images in my head as I read the book ...more
Shad
Sincerely, Sophie Eleven year old Sophie Turner lives in Manhattan and attends an all-girls private school, but some difficult changes have left her feeling very lonely. When Sophie's best friend, Jessie, suddenly rejects her for a faster crowd and the Turner family begins to break down, Sophie's only source of comfort is the distant voice of her school-assigned pen pal, Katie.

Sincerely, Katie

Eleven year old Katie Franklin lives in California, and she thinks life is perfect. When she and her be
Olivia Copeland
This book is a fantastic book by Courtney Sheinmel. It is about two girls, one, 11 year old Sophie who lives in New York with her sister Haley, her mom and her dad. Meanwhile there is 11 year old Katie who lives in California, with her mom dad, sister Julie and her dog Mooner. They would probably never meet, but when their classes are both chosen for a pen pal program, Sophie and Katie get to know each other really well, but when Katie hears about a earthquake in Mexico she...
Louisa
Overall, a pretty cute idea. Two tweeny-girl books in one featuring a pair of eleven/twelve-year-old pen pals. Of course, I have my gripes. As independent stories, I think Katie's is far more developed with Sophie's only serving to establish the narrative for both. Katie is spunky but burdened with real problems that I think most sixth grade girls can relate to. And most importantly, she acts like a sixth grader. And her responses to said problems are entirely keeping with the selfish yet sweet ...more
Inspiracreatiflife :D
Sep 25, 2014 Inspiracreatiflife :D rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pen pal Readers
I rated this book, 5 stars because I like the 2 main characters connected with each others by pen pal... I like the part in the book where the 2 girls meet at San Francisco.
Ava Caldwell
I loved this book they both had an amazing story it was also funny. I was siting at the end of my seat the whole time. I would recommend this book to pre-teens.
Julia
I really like this book because It is two stories in one and it is shows the story and letters in different perspectives.
Valerie Amarillas
I liked this book alot. It was about 400 pages long but worth it. This was two books in one about two girls writing to each like pen pals and telling eachother secrets. I liked it because these girls are at an age where they experience new emotions and how they have a strong friendship connection and tell eachother about what is happeing in life and ask eachother or advice. Such a girl book so a must read for us.
Leena Zitoun
I think this book was pretty interesting to read because of the fake but real situations and the connections these two girls can make with each other are amazing, even if they don't know each other.
Steph
I may or may not have borrowed this from my nine year old sister. I think some of the story was a bit heavy for a fourth grader but overall the book was well-written and captivating. The author draws you in to both Sophie and Katie's stories and manages to capture the period of life when everyone starts to encounter moral dilemmas and troubles they had yet to ever experience.
Georgina
I loved this book! It was very length, inspiring, and completely true. I think that it was a slightly more grown up version of the 'too-good-to-be-true tween books'. I loved how the book completely centred around finding good things in times of doubt and problem. Although, I honestly can't imagine myself re-reading...

Sincerely,
unknown :P
Baillie
I loved this book. I don't know why, because even though the things were sad throughout the book, I felt a very nostalgic feeling while reading it. I could definitely relate my childhood to those of Sophie's and Katie's. That being said, I did like Sophie's story better, but they did come together very well, and I recommend it to all girls!
Eve Albino
This book was really good. I love books that have letters in them. And the view of the two characters was really cool. :D And I think this book was a good example of regular teenage problems today, and it showed the reader how to solve them which was really cool too.
Rebecca
It was an excellent book (I know I use excellent a lot) about how too girls can become friends by writing letters for their schools penpal program. They connect to each others lives, and give each other advice. The book consits of two books in one.
Katie
This was a cute story. It was cool how the author tied both stories together by letters written by the two girls. I'd recommend this book for someone loves a story about friendship and endurance.
Maren2014
This book should really be a 6 star book! This book is one of my favorite books! It's 2 books in 1 and really good. It's about two girls who are pen pals. They tell there life together.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Sophie and Kate find each other through a school pen pal project, and help each other thru letters. Very believable exchange between the two will help readers work thru issues. P.K.
Mariel
I bought this for Alex for her 11th birthday!! I thought it looked like a good book.

1/7/13

Surprisingly, this was a very good book. Friendship is key! :) <3
Olivia Nievera
cooooooooooooooool
Cami
I think this was a very well-written book. It has everything a book needs, plus more! I would recommend this book for ages 9+. Yup.
berkalee
i had to abandon this book at page 42 because it just didnt catch my attention at all, this would be 4 or 5th grade book
Kirsten
I fell in love with this book. I read each story in a day. This is a must read for anyone who needs a friend.
  • Unnaturally Green: One Girl's Journey Along a Yellow Brick Road Less Traveled
  • All That Glitters Isn't Gold (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #19)
  • Sprinkles and Secrets
  • Vampire Island (Vampire Island, #1)
  • Rules for Secret Keeping
  • Take Two (Trading Faces, #2)
  • Amelia Lends a Hand (Amelia's Notebooks, #12)
  • Front Page Face-Off
  • I Thought We Were Friends! (How I Survived Middle School, #13)
  • Attack of the Growling Eyeballs
  • Christy Miller's Diary
  • The Shakespeare Stealer Series (The Shakespeare Stealer #1-3)
  • Finding Freia Lockhart
Goal of each day: to read a bit, and to write a bit.

Look for the Stella Batts #6: Something Blue, in stores and online on April 1, 2014.
More about Courtney Sheinmel...
Positively My So-Called Family Stella Batts Needs a New Name All the Things You Are Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow (Stella Batts)