Sincerely: Sincerly, Sophie; Sincerely, Katie

Sincerely: Sincerly, Sophie; Sincerely, Katie

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Eleven-year-old Sophie Turner attends an all-girls private school in Manhattan. When Sophie’s family falls apart and her best friend rejects her for a faster crowd, Sophie’s only source of comfort is the distant voice of her school-assigned pen pal, Katie.

Eleven-year-old Katie Franklin lives in California. She is thrilled to be spearheading a charity pr...more
Published June 8th 2010 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published May 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sincerely, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sincerely

Janelle
“Sincerely”
Courtney Sheinmel
Realistic Fiction
392 pages
Finished book 11/14/12

I just finished the book “Sincerely”. This book is about a girl named Sophie writing to her pen pal Katie who lives in California. This book includes Sincerely Sophie and Sincerely Katie. Sophie has entered the sixth grade and has realized that her life is not perfect anymore. She noticed that her best friend Jessie has totally changed. Jessie is hanging out with her knew best friends including the girls Lindsay and Mel...more
Joyce
Sophie thinks that the pen pal assignment will just be another boring thing that she has to do. However, soon, her world starts to fall apart. Her parents get divorced and her best friend starts to hate her. Angry at her dad leaving, Sophie ignores him at first. These things she can't tell anyone else but Katie, her pen pal. Katie understands, right? Soon, however, Sophie realizes that she really can't keep hiding from her dad, and they make up to each other. Because of the time that they didn't...more
Emily J
This book I like because it's about two girls who write to eachother because their pen pals. Sophie writes to Katie about personal secrets that she can't tell her sister Haley that would tell her mom in a split second. Sophies parents are getting divorced and her best friend is changing before her eyes. Katie writes about whats happining in school and her Aunt Jane. It's a story about two girls from one coast to another telling eachother secrets.
Rajaa
This was a 2 In 1 book. Sincerely Sophie and Sincerely Katie. I enjoyed both (Sincerely Sophie a bit more) its just it seems too average. Most books have a situation between the parents. (A.K.A Divorce) But the author did give Sophie an edge about how she refused to visit her father just so he can know that what he did wasn't okay. My favorite part was how the author joined both girls in the ending.
Delaney
I liked this book. Both Katie and Sophie are going through really rough times. It is definatley something that you should read.
Veronica
BEST BOOK EVER! YOU SHOULD TOTTALLY READ IT ITS SOOOOO GOOD.
Shad
Sincerely, Sophie Eleven year old Sophie Turner lives in Manhattan and attends an all-girls private school, but some difficult changes have left her feeling very lonely. When Sophie's best friend, Jessie, suddenly rejects her for a faster crowd and the Turner family begins to break down, Sophie's only source of comfort is the distant voice of her school-assigned pen pal, Katie.

Sincerely, Katie

Eleven year old Katie Franklin lives in California, and she thinks life is perfect. When she and her be...more
Louisa
Overall, a pretty cute idea. Two tweeny-girl books in one featuring a pair of eleven/twelve-year-old pen pals. Of course, I have my gripes. As independent stories, I think Katie's is far more developed with Sophie's only serving to establish the narrative for both. Katie is spunky but burdened with real problems that I think most sixth grade girls can relate to. And most importantly, she acts like a sixth grader. And her responses to said problems are entirely keeping with the selfish yet sweet...more
Ava Caldwell
I loved this book they both had an amazing story it was also funny. I was siting at the end of my seat the whole time. I would recommend this book to pre-teens.
Julia
I really like this book because It is two stories in one and it is shows the story and letters in different perspectives.
Valerie Amarillas
I liked this book alot. It was about 400 pages long but worth it. This was two books in one about two girls writing to each like pen pals and telling eachother secrets. I liked it because these girls are at an age where they experience new emotions and how they have a strong friendship connection and tell eachother about what is happeing in life and ask eachother or advice. Such a girl book so a must read for us.
Steph
I may or may not have borrowed this from my nine year old sister. I think some of the story was a bit heavy for a fourth grader but overall the book was well-written and captivating. The author draws you in to both Sophie and Katie's stories and manages to capture the period of life when everyone starts to encounter moral dilemmas and troubles they had yet to ever experience.
Georgina
I loved this book! It was very length, inspiring, and completely true. I think that it was a slightly more grown up version of the 'too-good-to-be-true tween books'. I loved how the book completely centred around finding good things in times of doubt and problem. Although, I honestly can't imagine myself re-reading...

Sincerely,
unknown :P
Baillie
I loved this book. I don't know why, because even though the things were sad throughout the book, I felt a very nostalgic feeling while reading it. I could definitely relate my childhood to those of Sophie's and Katie's. That being said, I did like Sophie's story better, but they did come together very well, and I recommend it to all girls!
Eve Albino
This book was really good. I love books that have letters in them. And the view of the two characters was really cool. :D And I think this book was a good example of regular teenage problems today, and it showed the reader how to solve them which was really cool too.
Rebecca
It was an excellent book (I know I use excellent a lot) about how too girls can become friends by writing letters for their schools penpal program. They connect to each others lives, and give each other advice. The book consits of two books in one.
Katie
This was a cute story. It was cool how the author tied both stories together by letters written by the two girls. I'd recommend this book for someone loves a story about friendship and endurance.
Maren2014
This book should really be a 6 star book! This book is one of my favorite books! It's 2 books in 1 and really good. It's about two girls who are pen pals. They tell there life together.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Sophie and Kate find each other through a school pen pal project, and help each other thru letters. Very believable exchange between the two will help readers work thru issues. P.K.
Mariel
I bought this for Alex for her 11th birthday!! I thought it looked like a good book.

1/7/13

Surprisingly, this was a very good book. Friendship is key! :) <3
Cami
I think this was a very well-written book. It has everything a book needs, plus more! I would recommend this book for ages 9+. Yup.
berkalee
i had to abandon this book at page 42 because it just didnt catch my attention at all, this would be 4 or 5th grade book
Kirsten
I fell in love with this book. I read each story in a day. This is a must read for anyone who needs a friend.
Molly
iI found the book intresting at first, but by the time i got to the second half of the book i was bored
Gia
This book is alright. It's meant for girls 11 and under. But, other than that, pretty good book!
Julia
Soo goo I got the boo that has both sections in 1 it was 400 pages of heaven!!!!!
Molly
It was pretty good. i liked Sincerely Katie better than Sincerely Sophie
Jayhan
This book is very interesting. It was a little bit of a differnet genre for me.
Faith
i LOVED this book. It was a true testament of friendship.
Mer387675
Realllly good! At least part one, that's all I read so far.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goal of each day: to read a bit, and to write a bit.

Look for the Stella Batts #6: Something Blue, in stores and online on April 1, 2014.
More about Courtney Sheinmel...
Positively My So-Called Family Stella Batts Needs a New Name All the Things You Are Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow (Stella Batts)