Start by marking “Toxic Fat: When Good Fat Turns Bad” as Want to Read:
Toxic Fat: When Good Fat Turns Bad

Toxic Fat: When Good Fat Turns Bad

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  5 reviews
"Toxic Fat: When Good Fat Turns Bad, " provides a revolutionary new understanding of our current obesity epidemic by showing that it can be viewed as a form of cancer to be treated using the clinically proven pathway to change the expression of your genes using food as a drug to rid your body of toxic fat.

For many of us, one of the first signs of toxic fat is the accumulat
Published September 30th 2008 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Toxic Fat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toxic Fat

Great book - a bit hard to follow at times, but I'm not a science geek (and sometimes scientific concepts take a while for be to grasp), so take into consideration in my review. I think Dr. Sears has done a tremendous amount of research on this subject and really knows his stuff. I've read books about the changes in our food system in the past 25 years and it's astonishing - this book ties those changes in the food system to the rising rates of obesity and diabetes we are experiencing. I think D ...more
Author Barry Sears, Ph.D. is a cancer researcher and molecular biologist. His book explains in detail, at the cellular and molecular level, what is causing the epidemic in obesity in the U.S. and globally. The appendices were difficult--heavy on the science--but worth the effort to read carefully. Not exactly a fun read but very informative. It seems that there isn't as much communication between the cellular and molecular biologist researchers and practicing physicians as desirable.
Jan 07, 2009 Melissa rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melissa by: dad
If my dad reads a health book that changes his life he buys it for everyone he knows. This is one of those. I must have liked it because I've put myself on an anti-inflammatory diet.
A bit too complex and hype-filled for me....made some claims I'd have to more buy-into to really get on board.
This guy is full of it. I did not like this book
Joe added it
Nov 16, 2015
Maria marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Nick Decker
Nick Decker marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Amanda Short
Amanda Short is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2015
Laura Riley-chiabotti
Laura Riley-chiabotti marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Kelly Lynch
Kelly Lynch marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Teresa marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Mercedes marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014