Start by marking “The Incredible Luck Of Alfie Pluck” as Want to Read:
The Incredible Luck Of Alfie Pluck

The Incredible Luck Of Alfie Pluck

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Alfie Pluck is the unluckiest boy alive - until he unwittingly eats the chicken which contains the highly-sought-after luck gene. Once his secret is exposed people want the gene for their own devious deeds. But there's more than one kind of luck, and Alfie's escape from his pursuers is a roller coaster of good fortune and bad.
Published April 26th 2010 by Not Avail (first published December 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Incredible Luck Of Alfie Pluck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Incredible Luck Of Alfie Pluck

Sue
11-year-old Alfie Pluck starts life with extreme bad luck - Dahlishly grotesque aunts who treat him as their Household Drudge. He comes across a doctor who has created a 'good luck' gene. The gene is currently lodged in the brain of a very lucky chicken whose luck runs out when Alfie runs away with it, and eventually eats it. Then the race is on to get hold of Alfie, or perhaps his brain..

The book is fast-paced, probably best for boys of around 8-11. There are plenty of villains, highly caricatu
Natalie
Read this one to my son, we enjoyed it for the most part, he especially, but I found some parts just a bit too far-fetched (esp the aliens, what was that about?!)
Otherwise though, it was very entertaining!
Nick
This is probably the weirdest book I've ever come across in my whole life. Other than that, NO COMMENT. I read this last in 6th grade or something.
Mayleen
Mayleen marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Elss Library
Elss Library marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Jjjj
Jjjj added it
Nov 12, 2012
Cherie
Cherie marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2012
Gretchen
Gretchen marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2012
Natalie D
Natalie D marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2011
Joy Wheeler
Joy Wheeler marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2011
Grizzly Tales For Gruesome Kids Giddy Goat Grizzly Tales 1: Nasty Little Beasts: Cautionary tales for lovers of squeam! The Dreaded Lurgie (Hippo Funny S.) The Last Chocolate Cookie