Start by marking “To Love Is to Be Happy With” as Want to Read:
To Love Is to Be Happy With

To Love Is to Be Happy With

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Hurrah for the Option Process book. Brilliant, awesome, yet amazingly readable. It shares a vision and method from which you will emerge irrovacably changed -- happier, clearer, more in touch with what you want.
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published November 12th 1981 by Fawcett (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about To Love Is to Be Happy With, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Love Is to Be Happy With

Cari
I'm shy on words for this review. Once you forgive the low-budget editing and proofreading, there is magic in this book. The title is misleading, I think. It's not about love relationships, as you might think, but rather an introduction to the Option Dialogue Process, a powerful tool for uncovering beliefs that underlie our emotions. Not all dialogues wrap up in neat little bundles like the ones in the book, but I understand that they are for demonstrative purposes so I can overlook that. It's r ...more
Emily
Jul 22, 2008 Emily rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People interested in alternative therapies
This book is a difficult one for me to review since I learned a lot from it but it was hard to get through.
This book basically contains what the author refers to as "dialogue sessions" rather than therepy sessions. Barry Kaufman, who goes by Bears, uses a unique technique of unbiased, nonjudgmental questions to help people work through problems. After asking questions Bears just sits back and listens as the person verbally sorts through the problem.
He helps people work through problems in order
jefrey das
Dec 10, 2012 jefrey das rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: philosophers,educationists,mass media, psychologists
Recommended to jefrey by: instinct
one of the books in W.W Dyer vein, it clarifies what love is about & shows it as a reflection of our own happiness.It is a must read for would be philosophers in authentic living.
Zoe Zuniga
Very uplifting philosophy. It helps you break out of any rut you might find yourself in.
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2015
Liz Mary
Liz Mary marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Scott Hunter
Scott Hunter marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Jennifer England
Jennifer England marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Karly Lao
Karly Lao marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Serene NG
Serene NG marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Anab
Anab marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Shayontoni Chatterjee
Shayontoni Chatterjee marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Happiness Is a Choice Son Rise: The Miracle Continues Giant Steps Miracle to Believe In No Regrets: Last Chance for a Father and Son