Texas Wildflower (Ujian Cinta Sejati)

Texas Wildflower (Zebra Heartfire)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  37 reviews
443 pages
Published June 2010 by Dastan Books (first published April 1st 1987)

Jen
The one Susan Wiggs book I hated. I literally threw it across the room when I finished it. It had the most unsatisfactory ending. It was as if she even hated the book and just wanted to end it.
Kit★
I had owned this book for more than ten years and had never read it, so I finally read it to belatedly get in my Western romance for the February sub-genre of the month over in the Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired group. I've read quite a few of Wiggs' historicals and liked them, but it's been a couple years since I've read one of hers. I was hoping this one would be good, and it was alright, but mostly I'm just happy to finally have accomplished getting it off of the TBR pile. I'd real...more
Lelyana Taufik
NIce wild west story about Justin McCord and Shiloh Mulvane. Dengan latar belakan aneksasi Texas menjadi bagian dari Amerika serikan cerita ini bergulir lancar, enggan buat menaruh buku ini sblm selesai membaca nya. Dibawah todongan pistol, Shiloh terpaksa menikahi Justin yg saat itu di tangkap Shiloh utk menikahi Jessamine anak hakim West yg berhubungan dg taktik sang hakim untk mengikat Justin agar bisa menghindari Texas jd bagian USA.
Menarik membaca interaksi kedua anak muda ini dalam menemu...more
Puji Rahayu
Texas wildflower (Ujian cinta sejati)

2 of 5 stars
Penulis : Susan Wiggs
Penerbit : Dastan Books
ISBN : 9786028723121

Shiloh Mulvane, gadis mungil yang memesona, ingin mengikuti jejak ayahnya sebagai salah satu detektif terhebat di Texas. Ia akhirnya mendapat kesempatan untuk unjuk gigi dengan menangkap Justin McCord untuk diserahkan kepada seorang hakim. Justin McCord adalah seorang agen mata-mata yang tampan dan seksi. Misinya sangat menentukan nasib dan masa depan Texas. Karena sadar bahwa misiny...more
Kailee Bauch
Wow. The two main characters took three years to come to terms with each other except we don't really know if that's true. I get that Shiloh and Justin married suddenly, but really, they should have learned to trust the other when they both realized they loved each other. The ending was also absolutely terrible. This is what made the book so awful because it led to the assumption that Justin and Shiloh have accepted each other and is in it for the long haul. However, it's totally unrealistic. If...more
Patricia Solla
This is an earlier work of the author. Historical in nature the story is about a woman who wants to do a man's job in an era where women were wives and homemakers. The woman is stubborn and willful. She gets trapped into a marriage when she captures a man for a 'client' she has taken on trying to help her father out who has been injured and cannot work for himself at this time. The man involved is an undercover agent of the newly formed American government. Sparks fly from this coupling (not alw...more
Saadia
I struggled to read and finish this, never quite getting into the 2 main characters. I thought there was too much constant strife, push and pull between the hero and heroine: misunderstanding of motives and emotions; too many comings and goings: trips all over the map for business and political reasons... I thought that traveling was rather rough in pioneer days but these people were constantly on the move, like today's jet-set!

There were multiple bad guys: Harmon West, his catty daughter Jessa...more
April
I was in the lookout for new authors to read, so I chose two Susan Wiggs books from my local bookstore. Texas Wildflower seemed interesting when I read the backcover and a few pages of the story. However, the more I read this book, the more I realized I didn't really like either of the main characters and felt the story seemed to drag on. I didn't really feel the romance between the characters and was tired of them fighting all the time. I also agree with other reviewers that the book tried to e...more
Sylvia Idom
too quick and unsatisfying an ending. good book up till the very end where it just stopped. "and they lived happily ever aftet" is a nice fairy tale ending, but not a realistic or satisfying one.
Imel
sebenarnya nih novel bagus sih cuma endingnya menggantung...ceritanya juga lompat-lompat

yg nyebelin si justin...gak bersyukur atas pengorbanan shiloh eh malah nyalahin shiloh...ckckckck....

kesalahpahaman antara shiloh & justin belum bener-bener dilurusin tiba2 shiloh ma justin langsung berdamai tanpa ada nya percakapan (tiba2 mereka langsung pelukan) antara kedua belah pihak padahal mereka nyaris mw bercerai...

justin ga da bilang "Maaf" trus Shiloh juga ga bilang klo dia mau balikan ma just...more
Angelic Zaizai

setelah puyeng baca The Known World, akhirnya memutuskan baca buku ini, pas dapet sale, jadi murah, beli aja, padahal hampir ga pernah baca genre gini
cuma tertarik sama nama pengarangnya aja *kedip-kedip ke memo*

sesuai harapanlah ceritanya, ga ruwet-ruwet, tapi jujur pengen ngegaplok si justin.. cowok apaan itu, dikit-dikit kabur, ngambek dikit pisah ranjang huehehehe

dan baru tau kalo dulu Texas itu negara sendiri.. *tuh kan, kata siapa baca novel ga ada ilmunya* :D

Sannn~~~
ptama.. co di buku ini pengen gw jitak abis krn dikit2 curigaan ama ce nya..
kedua.. endingnya bener2 aneh bgt.. stlh terpisah sekian lama karena salah paham bahkan dalam keadaan ga tau kl istrinya uda melahirkan, tp begitu ktm langsung pelukan n abis deh.. begitu aja??? haih..
sebenarnya crtnya cukup bagus sih.. cuma byk bagian2 yg aneh.. yah 3 bintang cukup deh.. mau kasi 2 stgh aja sbnrnya tp sayang ga ada stghnya.. hohoho..
Esther Fanny
to be honest, this book caused my emotion turn up and down. i felt the chemistry between Shiloh and Justin but unfortunately,their lack of trust of each other was very poor.the conflict was terrible and the theme about Texas annexation was historical.which was compelling.still,i need to understand that this was Susan's first book. i believe her another books are much better than this one. and the truth is, i love Justin and Shilloh.
Primadonna
When I read the first 100 pages or so, I thought of giving this book 3 stars. Then I didn't like the story. I like the protagonist (female) well enough but can't say the same about the male.

Too many attempted rapes. *eyeroll*

And the ending... I mean, duh. Just like that? That easy?

Maybe Wiggs has written plenty of good books, but after this one, I don't think I'll be looking eagerly for her other novels.
Heidi
I avoid reading reviews untill I have really read a book and this book was Susan Wiggs first book, which is actually ok for a first book. There were some parts of the novel that seemed to miss whole peices of storyline and jump around. Although i did finish the book it was a little lack luster. Because this is her first I will read more because there was potential there ;)
Pat
This is Susan Wiggs' first book and all I can say is I'm glad she has grown as an author; and that I started with some of her later books or I never would have read anymore. Her two main characters in this book are such idiots that it is difficult to root for them to get together. Plot and characters leave alot to be desired.
Red
too sad to know the ending not satisfied me. it feels like, read useless long-term but but the end not good. I know Susan Wiggs can made more concluding remarks than that but I think she's in hurry and her words not completely good for closing relationship between Justin and Sholih.
Darcy
This one is a historical, which isn't my favorite genre, but I have quickly become fond of this author. But this one just didn't do it for me. I am not a big fan of women from way back when pretending to men, then them getting the drop on the guy. This one just wasn't for me.
Marilyn
Another great story by Susan Wiggs. However, I do get tired of the climax, letdown, climax, letdown, etc. This one seemed to be a terrible rollercoaster....grrrr...where are all the sweet little kids and everybody is cozy?? I know...you would stop reading!
Joni Moore
A co-worker at my last job insisted I read this. I knew she was going to ask me questions about it so I planned to skim through it on our vacation... suprisingly I actually thought it was pretty good. A lot of Texas history is woven in to the plot.
Nova
sebenernya ide ceritanya bagus, tapi ga terlalu suka dengan cara pengemasan cerita dengan alur yang sangat cepat sehingga berkesan lompat2 ga karuan serta tokoh perempuannya yang nyebelin dan susah diatur banget.

Joyce
Not my favorite kind of love story. Happened in the 1800s but still had some suspense and was interesting to read. Branching out and reading different authors. Will try some more of her books.
Yulia Anggraini
akhirx bkin aq terperangah, kaget, g nyangka n ujung2 aq jadi sebeeel setengah matiiiii...masa sgtu aj...??!!g ad ngomong sama sekali...permintaan maaf atw ap kek...brasa liat akhir dflm2 aj...
Pamela
Absolutely nothing exceptional or exciting about this book. Since I usually enjoy Susan Wiggs books very much, this one was a disaapointment.
Katherine St. Vincent 黄爱芬
Endingnya koq gitu aja sih?? Ntah krn ini buku pertama Susan Wiggs ya.. koq kynya melodramatis gitu ya.. pdhl awal startnya dah cukup bagus loh..
Rebecca Dean
I have come to enjoy Susan Wiggs books. This was her first book and she has defintely gotten better with each book.
Whikmn
Light summer reading, good beach book. Very predictable as these love stories usually are.
Amanda
Easy reading, nice little love story (thought it had an abrupt ending though).
Amber
A good read, the story was good but the end just didn't sit well with me.
  • Impostress
  • Cheyenne Song
  • Tall, Dark, and Dangerous
  • Amazing Gracie
  • Heart of Texas, Vol. 1: Lonesome Cowboy / Texas Two-Step (Heart of Texas #1-2)
  • The Plainsman (Men of the Saddle #4)
  • Treasure of the Sun
  • Impulse
  • Texas Rain (Whispering Mountain, #1)
  • As Good As Dead (Griffin Powell, #4)
  • Willow
  • Cherokee Storm
  • Suspicious: Partners / The Art of Deception / Night Moves
  • Forgiving
  • Chasing the Sun (Blood Rose, #3)
  • Bride Of Shadow Canyon (Bride, #1)
  • Wild Sweet Ecstasy (Dennehy Sisters, #1)
Susan Wiggs's life is all about family, friends...and fiction. She lives at the water's edge on an island in Puget Sound, and she commutes to her writers' group in a 17-foot motorboat. She serves as author liaison for Field's End, a literary community on Bainbridge Island, Washington, bringing inspiration and instruction from the world's top authors to her seaside community. (See www.fieldsend.org...more
More about Susan Wiggs...
Just Breathe Summer at Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #1) Dockside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #3) The Winter Lodge (Lakeshore Chronicles, #2) Table for Five