Start by marking “In Final Defense of the Reich: The Destruction of the 6th SS Mountain Division "Nord"” as Want to Read:

2.67 of 5 stars 2.67  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  2 reviews
In April 1945, the American 71st Infantry Division exacted the final vestiges of life from the Reich's 6th SS Mountain Division in central Germany. This analysis of the battle demonstrates that the Wehrmacht's last gasp on the Western Front was anything but a whimper as some historians charge. Instead, Stephen Rusiecki argues, the Nazis fought to exact every last bit of pa ...more
Published October 15th 2010 by US Naval Institute Press

To ask other readers questions about In Final Defense of the Reich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Final Defense of the Reich

Wayne
I never actually finished this book which says a lot about it since I am a fan of military history. It was a story, boringly told, about a German division caught behind American lines in the final days of WWII and how they tried to fight their way back to German lines. It was a narrative about the battles with no overall picture and nothing of interest to hold my attention. It seemed to be a compilation of interviews. I'm sorry I bought which Ive never said about a history book before.
Mitchell
Although I considered this worth reading - I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they are a serious student of the war... It represents an important contribution to a period of fighting which there is very minimal English language record of.. On the other hand, it can be difficult to slog through as far as the writing..
Art
Art marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Toby Stroud
Toby Stroud marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Justin
Justin added it
Jul 28, 2014
Cwlenfest
Cwlenfest is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2014
Roberto
Roberto marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2012
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2011
Sdoconnor
Sdoconnor marked it as to-read
May 06, 2011
Colin Leidner
Colin Leidner marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2011
'Aussie Rick'
'Aussie Rick' marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2010
KOMET
KOMET marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2010
Dale Offret
Dale Offret marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2010
In Final Defense of the Reich: The Destruction of the 6th SS Mountain Division Nord The Key to the Bulge: The Battle for Losheimergraben