Start by marking “The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco” as Want to Read:
The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco

The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  392 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Nuovo Vesuvio. The "family" restaurant, redefined. Home to the finest in Napolitan' cuisine and Essex County's best kept secret. Now Artie Bucco, la cucina's master chef and your personal host, invites you to a special feast...with a little help from his friends. From arancini to zabaglione, from baccala to Quail Sinatra-style, Artie Bucco and his guests, the Sopranos and ...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Sopranos Family Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sopranos Family Cookbook

Liza
I bought this book for Chris back when we were still long distance dating and it immediately became a very useful tool for us. When we would spend weekends together we would cook something out of this book. The recipes are awesome and come out really well! great authentic Italian-American cooking. Seems cheesy at first with the Sopranos stories, but if you can just get past that the actual recipes are fantastic!
Kurt
Feb 23, 2013 Kurt rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kurt by: Seth
This is a funny book with a mix of Neapolitan recipes and Sopranos fan moments. The recipes seem great, with a focus on simple ingredients and traditional techniques, and I love that so many of them are illustrated with beautiful photography. The bigger draw of this book, though, is likely the aspects that tie into the HBO show, which come through here in the form of in-character narrations (Artie Bucco gives the history of Vesuvio's and shares a chapter of more upscale restaurant-style recipes, ...more
Lucianna
Whether you are a Soprano fan or not, these recipes please stomachs of all kinds! I am a Italian and love these recipes. I grew up with watchin my mom, aunt, and grandma cooking many of these dishes. a Wave of nastoglia will come over you awakening your senses and memory.
Denise
Recipes that are simple and good for every day. Family favourites are the minestra-escarole and little meatballs soup,'Shcarole and Beans soup,and what have become staple dishes for our company on New Years' Day - Quail Sinatra style and Tiramisu.
Maria
Truly Authentic Recipes- Love this cookbook! I was raised in an Italian family and I love trying to reproduce my Grandmother's sunday gravy (sauce) and the meatballs and everything else- AWESOME book
S Vanorse
Can not wait to get cooking, being from a large Italian family some of these recipes are a lot like the ones I use now. Many that I remember from childhood family dinners, that I had forgotten about eating at my grandmothers house. Meals took hours to prepare and were eaten over a period of time, not fast like families do today. Found this copy at our library book fair, couple people laughed because I said I buying it, I just spent an hour going over the recipes, the ingredients are simple, not ...more
Chris
I liked this cookbook, but there were only a few recipes that I can use. As a vegetarian many of the recipes are not easily made veggie friendly.
Library-KAT
I didn't care about the "Sopranos", but as I was glancing through this book 2 recipes caught my eye; Ricotta Pineapple Pie, Stuffed Quail... and as I perused the pages there were a few more to my liking; Risotto w/ Truffles & Champagne, most All of the desserts, & Minestra (Escarole w/ Mini Meatballs).

Many of the dishes presented are easy to make......

I wish I had someone to cook for...I miss that!
Elyse Reardon
I received this book and Henry Hill's cookbook for Christmas from my uncle. This cookbook is amazing. It's great for a Sopranos fan, because not only does it include family recipes, it also contains little snip-its from the characters. For a cookbook, the recipes are delicious. As something to just read, it's hilarious. Even if you're not a hardcore Sopranos fan, it's a great book. :)
Angie
Got this narrative/cookbook for Christmas and enjoyed reading the essays introducing each chapter of recipes. Can't wait to make some spaghetti puttanesca and tiramisu!
Katie
I like how it was written by the characters from the show. Makes it even more fun when you've watched The Sopranos. The cookbook is full of great recipes that i actually make for my own family on a weekly basis. i enjoyed the Q&A with Furio .... pigs in their bed LOL when he meant pigs in a blanket ... stuff like that made me laugh while the actually has some great recipes like the ricotta pineapple pie, delish!
Mari
Feb 16, 2008 Mari rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like to cook and/or watch the Sopranos
Recommended to Mari by: Found it all on my own...
You knew it was bound to happen - being the Sopranos fan that I am - I want to recommend this cookbook. Intermingled with yummy Italian recipes are snippets of advice from the main mobsters of the show - talking smack, talking etiquette, and just talking about food. Yum-O!

=^..^=
mb
Foxthyme
You don't have to be a fan to enjoy this book, but it helps! Different characters, from Carmela to Artie Bucco to Paulie's Nucci, get their chapters of food specialities. Food topics range from Sunday dinner to grilling on the bbq to Italian pastries. And the show's famous Baked Ziti is here, too.
Amanda Grossman
Awesome!!!! Very cool for Sopranos fans (which my boyfriend and I happen to be), and some of the food sounds fantastic! He and I will be cooking it together for Dinner and a Sopranos Date....:):).
Carolyn
My friend Steph gave this to me one Christmas. I've never actually made a recipe, quite rich and very Italian American, but what a hilarious book. Writing is great - absolutely dead on.
Laura Doyle
We use this book often...packed with tasty recipes of all sorts. Some are incredibly easy...others more difficult but all in all a very well rounded Italian cookbook classic.
Sherrie
Meh. Kinda cheesy. Not all of Italian culture is some kind of amusement park of bad accents and red sauce. I still read every page of it though! I miss these venal characters.
Arjun
This is a great book that came out back in the day. Highly recommended to make some of these recipes while doing a Sopranos marathon with a friend.
Cario Lam
What's not to like about this cookbook. It's based on an award winning cable television series and features comfort food recipes.
Jovy
I can't remember why I bough this book, I'm not a Soprano fan but the recipes are good even though I don't follow recipes when I cook.
Emily
Cute for people who follow The Soranos, but many of the recipes involve more effort than I'm willing to put into making pasta.
Heather Lambirth
Great Italian recipes presented in a somewhat cheesy fashion. One of the best penne vodka recipes I've ever had.
Jay
Good recipes: cook like Artie, eat like Tony and feel like a member of the Family
Trish
This book has a lot of great recipes that are easy to make.
Pat
The ziti recipe is great. The book is pretty funny too.
Sylvia Seymour
I think Tony dies (the onion rings are a dead giveaway).
Mark
Suprisingly excellent, easy to prepare dishes.
Lili
interesting mix of stories and recipes
M2
Jun 12, 2007 M2 rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Indeed
Great, easy-to-cook Eye-talian food.
  • Yum-o! The Family Cookbook
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • Guy Fieri Food: Cookin' It, Livin' It, Lovin' It
  • The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Ancient Cuisines: China, Greece, and Rome
  • Roasting-A Simple Art
  • Nigellissima: Instant Italian Inspiration
  • Real Simple 869 New Uses for Old Things: An Encyclopedia of Innovative Ideas for Everyday Items
  • White Trash Cooking
  • Jacques Pépin More Fast Food My Way
  • Lidia's Italian-American Kitchen
  • Mr. Boston Official Bartender's & Party Guide
  • The Babbo Cookbook
  • The Looneyspoons Collection: Good Food, Good Health, Good Fun!
The Sopranos Family Cookbook