Start by marking “The Leader Who Had No Title” as Want to Read:

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  2,741 ratings  ·  243 reviews
For more than fifteen years, Robin Sharma has been quietly sharing with Fortune 500 companies and many of the super-rich a success formula that has made him one of the most sought-after leadership advisers in the world. Now, for the first time, Sharma makes his proprietary process available to you, so that you can get to your absolute best while helping your organization b ...more
Published (first published January 1st 210)

To ask other readers questions about The Leader Who Had No Title, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Leader Who Had No Title

Joseph
I generally avoid 'Self Help' books. However, this book captured my attention because Robin Sharma decided to write LWHNT as a story of a man(Blake Davis), gaining leadership wisdom from 4 people that he meets within a day! The 4 people, incidentally are introduced to him by Tommy Flinn, an old friend of his father’s and also the top salesman where Blake works.

It started well enough. Tommy Flinn's character was intriguing. Unfortunately, he played a lesser role as the book progressed and once t
Marc Rocher
While the motivational message is very helpful and definitely worth reading and considering, the story that it's wrapped up in is pretty badly written. The situations are unnaturally stilted and the dialogue scripted and redundant, like one is watching a skit being performed at a sales retreat. None of the characters are given enough background to forge any real connection with the reader. Sharma might have done better just writing this as a straight non-fiction advice book, although I suspect t ...more
Greg Cohoon
I picked up this book because I was finding myself trapped in corporate red tape and dead ends with respect to career advancement. Someone recommended this as a good book to help with thinking about leadership outside the confines of the corporate world.

I like how the author presented this in the context of a story, instead of a typical dry business leadership book. It's all common-sense stuff, but it's nice to read it in the digestible format presented here. The author takes the position that l
Jeremy Johnston
This book seems like propaganda sponsored by corporate human resources departments from around the world... Here is the book in a nutshell... Step 1: Employees should expend all of their energy on their job without the company having to dole out equitable compensation for that effort. Step 2: If the employees feel drained and exhausted and unsuccessful (because they are working as a "leader without a title," that is, not being giving a promotion, a raise, or real responsibilities...), then blame ...more
Nama NayaShinigamiKyo
What could I say about this book? It is by my favorite author.

It is really amazing -as I expected. The way Robin represented the ideas and how he wanted to deliver the message of ''you can be a leader even if you don't have a title'' is really fantastic. However, it isn't the best book he has ever written because I prefer when Robin writes directly to the reader without involving a main story and main characters. But Overall, I didn't want to finish reading it. This book encouraged me to stop be
Andrea Snell
Found aspects of the book kind of annoying at first. The story is fictional, but the characters exist solely to be the mouthpiece of this guys motivational philosophy - so it isn't satisfying on a literary level at all. But once I let go of wanting the characters to be more convincing and just accepted them as a vehicle to communicate this guys message it didn't bother me as much.

Also he spent too much time in the beginning talking about " being a leader, not a victim" and saying things like "
C. Spencer Reynolds
Let me start by saying I am already a huge Robin Sharma fan! I've read all his published works and this is one that I can has major relevance to my current line of thinking and writing. Too many people are hung up on what their title or position in an organization is, rather than acting without! This is a great fable of learning that can get you deeply thinking as well as the steps to take action so you really can lead from anywhere!!!

Although I may not say this is a MUST READ on my bookshelf,
Jenny
Recommended by one of my managers. Very interesting....I'd like to continue processing it. Similar idea to learning about investing from the (original) Wealthy Barber.

Things I want to remember:

You Need No Title to Be a Leader: 5 rules - IMAGE (Innovation, Mastery, Authenticity, Guts, Ethics)

Turbulent Times Build Great Leaders - SPEAK (Speak with candor, Prioritize, Adversity breeds opportunity, Respond vs react, Kudos for everyone)

The Deeper Your Relationships, the Stronger Your Leadership - HUM
Mona
I read chapter one and i wanna get the same energy it give me once i read it , so i reread it ..it looks like im not reaching the end soon :) .

It is a great motivational energetic organizational book so far ; however ,it looks a bit utopian to me ,as we as humans need recognition to go on and give our best. in real life , the rewards for good work dont always reach the right persons.

Now that i have finished it , i benefited from it in the context of reviving my work and life and i love the Acro
Jessie Uchat
This book is written by Robin Sharma, world renowned leadership and motivational guru.
Reading this book made me appreciate my own strengths as a person and allowed me to contribute to greater good with whatever little talents, gifts or abilities that I have. This book inspires me to use whatever goodness or talents I have and to work for a greater good in my own life and also in at my workplace and in my community.

I could relate with a lot of family wisdom in this book i.e the sorts of advices w
Sowmya's book world
When you go to your limits, your limits will expand

I am not a big fan of self-help books , specially one advertising by success in 7 days or 24 hours. No one can just succeed in 7 days by reading one book but this book was different. This book captured my attention with a TLWHNT, every one claim for title, measure their success with the position they reached and this book taught me it's not the position which matters, its the satisfaction which matter. This doesn't give you any short cut rule fo
Nicole
At first I thought this book was incredibly cheesy. It follows the author while he meets 4 leaders who offer him tidbits on leadership philosophy. It's basic stuff- but also stuff we easily neglect: being positive, leading ourselves before leading others, self-discipline and most importantly, finding value in our work and paying it forward versus latching onto material possessions. For me, much of the philosophy aligned with my faith and leading in a way that shows God to others- grace, humility ...more
Mark Wilson
An inspiring read. I haven’t read a lot of self-help books previously (apart from “How To Win Friends and Influence People”), however I picked this up as I am currently undertaking a leadership class as part of my studies. This book, while quite badly edited in places, is very readable. I enjoyed how Sharma made the content into a fictional narrative. This makes you keep reading. The leadership advice given is practical and for extra support implementing it, Sharma encourages you to visit the we ...more
Gary
Since leaving University I’ve tried my best to rotate my reading and ensure that every couple of books I’m picking something up that’s geared toward making me better in some regard.

Recently this has meant reading a business self-help book on becoming a better leader. And while I’ll admit there is a very positive underlying message to the Leader Who Had No Title, I did end up taking some issue with the manner in which it was written.

Financial gain as a probable reward of adopting these practices
Annie Daniel
Book review
The Leader Who Had No Title was wrote by Robin Sharma. He wrote his book paste on his experiment in life within 15 years. He worked in many companies such as Microsoft, GE, Nike, FedEx, and IBM. Is it basically about how to be a success person in in your place of work, and how to be a good leader. he shared his experiment throughout a story of a guy called Blake Davis. Who were working in a military and after he finish his duty he had problems dealing with p
Ahmad
Disappointed.

This is not the Robin Sharma I loved in (Greatness Guide 1 & 2), the inspirational Robin. In this book he's a novelist writing long stories with a lot of unnecessary details hoping it will inspire & learn you (it didn't for me).

This could be a good inspirational movie or series, but a book? I don't think so.
Carlos Daniel
Genial el libro!
Lenguaje sencillo, altamente motivador y una exelente lección de vida.
Posiblemente sí cambie tu vida si eres una persona inteligente, es un buen trigger para empezar a evolucionar en otros aspectos de tu vida.
Ojalá todo el mundo pueda tener la oportunidad de leerlo.
Kevin Eikenberry
Beyond the subject matter, two criteria I use when selecting a book are the title and the author. The title tells much about the specifics of the book and the wisdom of the author. Sometimes, of course, a book doesn’t deliver on the The Leader How Had No Title by Robin Sharmapromise of the title. That is where the author comes in. Do I know something about this author? Have I read other works by them? Have I heard good things about them?

With these two criteria in mind, this book was a winner bef
Stephen Hargrove
While the dialog between characters can be a little unbelievable, this is a fast/great/awesome read and is immediately applicable to anyone at any stage in life. This one is going straight back on my to-read list.
Raghu Kalyan
If you feel, you are caged up in the corporate redtape and often feel choked, this book gives you a fresh perspective of looking at your role. I am not generally a big fan if self help books as they don't come with a copyrighted content and every other author seems to pick up similar content from another self help author and the reader ends up feeling "I read this somewhere" . However this book was better and I could relate to it. Certain portions were slightly over dramatic and can be skimmed t ...more
Mozah
Robin Sharma’s ‘The Leader Who had No Title’ beautifully draws how a person could lead in all aspects of life regardless of his/her hierarchical position and influence those who are around them in the most positive ways.

While reading the book I pictured myself as Blake Davis, the returned young army veteran, who is meaning of life and work had changed completely when he met Tommy Flinn, an old friend of his father’s and also the top salesman where he works. As the story moved on, I felt that I w
Matjaz Sircelj
Excellent leadership and life guide.
Sethuraman
The leader who had no title would make it to my recommended list - for the reason that it has some really good 'back to the basics' stuff. However, I did feel that the narrative could have been much more compelling.

But Robin compensates for the lack of pace with enough of advice condensed in short paragraphs. The initial chapters are very slow, but looks like someone was in a hurry as the book moves to the end.

Despite all of this, I would recommend this book as most would have something to tak
Aleksandar
Одлична книга како и сите останати бестселери од светски познатиот предавач за подобар живот Робин Шарма. Книгата претставува еден вид на измислена приказна преку која авторот дава многу јасни лекции за тоа како да си го подобриме животот и како секој може да биде лидер без притоа да има некоја значајна и раководна титула. Доколку секој во некоја организација претставува сам свој лидер без титула ќе си го подобри сопствениот живот а притоа ќе оствари подобри резултати во организацијата, што би б ...more
Ananda
Titles mean "POWER"!
Hmmmm..but the problem with this kind of "power" is that if/when the title is gone, the "power" is gone as well. Puff!!!Like a balloon!
So the question now is - Do titles make a person???
Many of you will say NOOOOOOOO...and yet...people DO get attached to these TITLES. So..I am not going to make a deep and profound thesis on this now, analyzing the WHY's of this phenomenon, but I will just say - BLAME IN ON THE EGO!!!
And now back to the book..Blake Davis is a young man, torn
A S Moser
This book basically takes all the favorite tricks of pushy evangelists--saying your first name way too often, grandiose but vague promises, unnecessarily withholding "important" information that is the "key" to "unlocking" something, encouraging the status quo by telling people to always do their best no matter what their position in life is--and then combines it with very poor writing.

It reads like an early '90s after-school special, complete with all the straw man dialogue and aw shucks revela
Anshika
The book provides the reader good productivity enhancement techniques that have been made memorizable through acronyms and one liners. However, the style of story telling a self help book is the greatest weakness that makes it crude and painfully unrefined to capture the reader's attention.
A monologue from the author himself would have done far greater justice to the powerful message it seeks to get across.
Andrew Silvester
I couldn't finish this book. I dropped in chapter 3 at the graveyard scene. I could not relate to the characters. I felt they were one-dimensional. The situation was strange, maybe if I could get through the poor storyline, I may have got something out of the book... but I just couldn't finish it..

This book may have been better without the hokey storyline.
David Agreda
La autenticidad consiste en ser fiel a quien eres incluso cuando todos los que te rodean quieren que seas otra persona, dijo el gran jugador de baloncesto Michael Jordan. Comprométete con tu misión, con tus valores. Bono, el cantante de U2 también habla en sus canciones sobre la importancia de ser autético: "Por favor deja tu ego, por favor, se tú y nadie más. Eres preciosa como eres"
Toshi
Content-wise, this is a great book to realize everyone's inner potential to be great leaders. From the efficiency standpoint to learn what this book says, I just needed 4 pages at the end of Chapter 4 to 7, the 4 principles to be a Leader Without Title.
  • The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential
  • Secrets of Angels & Demons
  • Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education In Business and Life
  • Problem Solving 101: A Simple Book for Smart People
  • Easy Peasey - People Skills For Life
  • Fierce Leadership: A Bold Alternative to the Worst "Best" Practices of Business Today
  • The Articulate Executive: Learn to Look, ACT, and Sound Like a Leader
  • The Charge: Activating the 10 Human Drives That Make You Feel Alive
  • The Dale Carnegie Leadership Mastery Course: How To Challenge Yourself and Others To Greatness
  • Do More Great Work: Stop the Busywork. Start the Work That Matters.
  • Screw Business As Usual
Robin Sharma is one of the world’s premier thinkers on leadership, personal growth and life management. The bestselling author of
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari,
Who Will Cry When You Die? and
The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO and four other books on self-transformation.

Robin Sharma is in constant demand internationally as keynote speaker at the conferences of many of the most powerful companies

More about Robin S. Sharma...
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny Who Will Cry When You Die? Life Lessons from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari The Greatness Guide: Powerful Secrets for Getting to World Class The Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari The Saint, Surfer, and CEO

“What the society thinks is of no interest to me. All that's important is how I see myself. I know who who I am. I know the value of my work.” 107 likes
“Sometimes success isn't about making the right decision, it's more about making some decision.” 83 likes