Start by marking “The Leader Who Had No Title” as Want to Read:

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  4,436 Ratings  ·  376 Reviews
For more than fifteen years, Robin Sharma has been quietly sharing with Fortune 500 companies and many of the super-rich a success formula that has made him one of the most sought-after leadership advisers in the world. Now, for the first time, Sharma makes his proprietary process available to you, so that you can get to your absolute best while helping your organization b ...more
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

Joseph
Dec 03, 2013 Joseph rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I generally avoid 'Self Help' books. However, this book captured my attention because Robin Sharma decided to write LWHNT as a story of a man(Blake Davis), gaining leadership wisdom from 4 people that he meets within a day! The 4 people, incidentally are introduced to him by Tommy Flinn, an old friend of his father’s and also the top salesman where Blake works.

It started well enough. Tommy Flinn's character was intriguing. Unfortunately, he played a lesser role as the book progressed and once t
Jeremy Johnston
Oct 09, 2013 Jeremy Johnston rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book seems like propaganda sponsored by corporate human resources departments from around the world... Here is the book in a nutshell... Step 1: Employees should expend all of their energy on their job without the company having to dole out equitable compensation for that effort. Step 2: If the employees feel drained and exhausted and unsuccessful (because they are working as a "leader without a title," that is, not being giving a promotion, a raise, or real responsibilities...), then blame ...more
Marc Rocher
While the motivational message is very helpful and definitely worth reading and considering, the story that it's wrapped up in is pretty badly written. The situations are unnaturally stilted and the dialogue scripted and redundant, like one is watching a skit being performed at a sales retreat. None of the characters are given enough background to forge any real connection with the reader. Sharma might have done better just writing this as a straight non-fiction advice book, although I suspect t ...more
Jenny
Jun 05, 2012 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended by one of my managers. Very interesting....I'd like to continue processing it. Similar idea to learning about investing from the (original) Wealthy Barber.

Things I want to remember:

You Need No Title to Be a Leader: 5 rules - IMAGE (Innovation, Mastery, Authenticity, Guts, Ethics)

Turbulent Times Build Great Leaders - SPEAK (Speak with candor, Prioritize, Adversity breeds opportunity, Respond vs react, Kudos for everyone)

The Deeper Your Relationships, the Stronger Your Leadership - HUM
Maxim
Nov 17, 2015 Maxim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I dont blame anyone, it was my fault to read, sorry...
Greg Cohoon
Nov 25, 2011 Greg Cohoon rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, career
I picked up this book because I was finding myself trapped in corporate red tape and dead ends with respect to career advancement. Someone recommended this as a good book to help with thinking about leadership outside the confines of the corporate world.

I like how the author presented this in the context of a story, instead of a typical dry business leadership book. It's all common-sense stuff, but it's nice to read it in the digestible format presented here. The author takes the position that l
Nama NayaShinigamiKyo
What could I say about this book? It is by my favorite author.

It is really amazing -as I expected. The way Robin represented the ideas and how he wanted to deliver the message of ''you can be a leader even if you don't have a title'' is really fantastic. However, it isn't the best book he has ever written because I prefer when Robin writes directly to the reader without involving a main story and main characters. But Overall, I didn't want to finish reading it. This book encouraged me to stop be
Nicole
At first I thought this book was incredibly cheesy. It follows the author while he meets 4 leaders who offer him tidbits on leadership philosophy. It's basic stuff- but also stuff we easily neglect: being positive, leading ourselves before leading others, self-discipline and most importantly, finding value in our work and paying it forward versus latching onto material possessions. For me, much of the philosophy aligned with my faith and leading in a way that shows God to others- grace, humility ...more
Suraj
Jul 15, 2015 Suraj rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘The Leader Who Had No Title’- A memorable novel to remember

I‘m feeling tensed while writing this review, after reading this amazing book by Robin Sharma. He really has his way of storytelling. This book not only amuses you with a great story but also gives a fascinating way of truly living a life, of leading without a title.
The story begins with a former military man(Blake) working at a bookstore, who has lost everything and everyone. It gets hard for him to concentrate and work for a long tim
Andrea Snell
Found aspects of the book kind of annoying at first. The story is fictional, but the characters exist solely to be the mouthpiece of this guys motivational philosophy - so it isn't satisfying on a literary level at all. But once I let go of wanting the characters to be more convincing and just accepted them as a vehicle to communicate this guys message it didn't bother me as much.

Also he spent too much time in the beginning talking about " being a leader, not a victim" and saying things like "
Qamar Sultana
Jun 09, 2015 Qamar Sultana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
well I really have so many things to say about this book. Firstly, it took me 4 months to complete this. Not because this book contains a lot pages, but because it is boring to the power of infinity. I don't understand what was the need of bringing in Blake the great in the story when all those knowledge could have been shared without involving a fictional character. Second thing, all the knowledge was given to the man on a single day. I mean that was just too much. I could not taken in so much ...more
C. Spencer Reynolds
Let me start by saying I am already a huge Robin Sharma fan! I've read all his published works and this is one that I can has major relevance to my current line of thinking and writing. Too many people are hung up on what their title or position in an organization is, rather than acting without! This is a great fable of learning that can get you deeply thinking as well as the steps to take action so you really can lead from anywhere!!!

Although I may not say this is a MUST READ on my bookshelf,
Mona
Jul 15, 2012 Mona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read chapter one and i wanna get the same energy it give me once i read it , so i reread it ..it looks like im not reaching the end soon :) .

It is a great motivational energetic organizational book so far ; however ,it looks a bit utopian to me ,as we as humans need recognition to go on and give our best. in real life , the rewards for good work dont always reach the right persons.

Now that i have finished it , i benefited from it in the context of reviving my work and life and i love the Acro
Jessie Sara
Sep 01, 2013 Jessie Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is written by Robin Sharma, world renowned leadership and motivational guru.
Reading this book made me appreciate my own strengths as a person and allowed me to contribute to greater good with whatever little talents, gifts or abilities that I have. This book inspires me to use whatever goodness or talents I have and to work for a greater good in my own life and also in at my workplace and in my community.

I could relate with a lot of family wisdom in this book i.e the sorts of advices w
Justin
Oct 07, 2015 Justin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This might be one of the worst books I've ever read. It's basically an 8-10 page leadership / self help article that has been plopped into a poorly written fiction novel with canned, stilted dialogue, poorly developed characters,and predictable plot. It's a shame as the core leadership concepts are absolutely on target. But as a work of fiction it is awesomely bad.
Pratik
Nov 19, 2015 Pratik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicely penned by robin Sharma. its a book of leadership with enthusiasm and vitality. Leadership is not just for top level management or community and national leader, its for everyone. Every individual should lead their own life through development of own. thus he can uplift his life and life of people around his life.

To conclude this book in one phase, I can say only 2 words. "Develop yourself " rest of other aspects comes next.
Sowmya's book world
When you go to your limits, your limits will expand

I am not a big fan of self-help books , specially one advertising by success in 7 days or 24 hours. No one can just succeed in 7 days by reading one book but this book was different. This book captured my attention with a TLWHNT, every one claim for title, measure their success with the position they reached and this book taught me it's not the position which matters, its the satisfaction which matter. This doesn't give you any short cut rule fo
Mark Wilson
An inspiring read. I haven’t read a lot of self-help books previously (apart from “How To Win Friends and Influence People”), however I picked this up as I am currently undertaking a leadership class as part of my studies. This book, while quite badly edited in places, is very readable. I enjoyed how Sharma made the content into a fictional narrative. This makes you keep reading. The leadership advice given is practical and for extra support implementing it, Sharma encourages you to visit the we ...more
Saeed Al saeed
Feb 04, 2016 Saeed Al saeed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
من افضل الكتب التي قرآتها في القيادة .. شارما يبسط لك المعلومة فكل ماعليك ان تعرفه انك لا تحتاج الى منصب
Diego Eusse
Jun 03, 2015 Diego Eusse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este libro está lleno de frases que hacen cuestionar tu día a día y si bien está enfocado al Liderazgo, no solo puede cambiarte la vida por este lado.
Se debe leer varias veces por año para no desviarse.
Leila Tarek
ew.
Gary
Jan 20, 2015 Gary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Since leaving University I’ve tried my best to rotate my reading and ensure that every couple of books I’m picking something up that’s geared toward making me better in some regard.

Recently this has meant reading a business self-help book on becoming a better leader. And while I’ll admit there is a very positive underlying message to the Leader Who Had No Title, I did end up taking some issue with the manner in which it was written.

Financial gain as a probable reward of adopting these practices
Annie Daniel
Nov 03, 2014 Annie Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book review
The Leader Who Had No Title was wrote by Robin Sharma. He wrote his book paste on his experiment in life within 15 years. He worked in many companies such as Microsoft, GE, Nike, FedEx, and IBM. Is it basically about how to be a success person in in your place of work, and how to be a good leader. he shared his experiment throughout a story of a guy called Blake Davis. Who were working in a military and after he finish his duty he had problems dealing with p
Rachel Abraham
Mar 06, 2016 Rachel Abraham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Leader Who Had No Title
I always believed being Nice to someone is the best way to live life and achieve all those things you ever dreamt about. And this book only strengthens my belief further.
This book is a journey of Blake Davis who is told 4 principles that helps you live life to its fullest by giving your maximum best.. While you read the book and join Blake on his journey, my learnings have been more on improving the quality of life itself.
* Always give your maximum best, we own the p
Ahmad
Apr 27, 2011 Ahmad rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed.

This is not the Robin Sharma I loved in (Greatness Guide 1 & 2), the inspirational Robin. In this book he's a novelist writing long stories with a lot of unnecessary details hoping it will inspire & learn you (it didn't for me).

This could be a good inspirational movie or series, but a book? I don't think so.
Wanda Gibbons
The story of a man(Blake), gaining leadership wisdom from 4 people that he meets within a day. The 4 people, incidentally are introduced to him by Tommy Flinn, an old friend of his father’s and also the top salesman where Blake works. Funny thing is it is a book store and Blake has never seen the guy. Even if it is a chain this is odd.
It started well enough. Tommy Flinn's character was intriguing and had a lot of wisdom. Blake makes an amazing transformation and all in a day.
Sharma does make va
Tania Roy
Jun 11, 2015 Tania Roy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robin sir has wonderfully crafted this self-help book with practical examples explaining why self-leadership is necessary to lead an enriched and cheerful life. The narration is gripping, even though some of the paragraphs seemed to be repetitive. Overall, the book is very enlightening.
Carlos Daniel
Sep 14, 2012 Carlos Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Genial el libro!
Lenguaje sencillo, altamente motivador y una exelente lección de vida.
Posiblemente sí cambie tu vida si eres una persona inteligente, es un buen trigger para empezar a evolucionar en otros aspectos de tu vida.
Ojalá todo el mundo pueda tener la oportunidad de leerlo.
Kevin Eikenberry
Beyond the subject matter, two criteria I use when selecting a book are the title and the author. The title tells much about the specifics of the book and the wisdom of the author. Sometimes, of course, a book doesn’t deliver on the The Leader How Had No Title by Robin Sharmapromise of the title. That is where the author comes in. Do I know something about this author? Have I read other works by them? Have I heard good things about them?

With these two criteria in mind, this book was a winner bef
Luqman Khan
Jul 31, 2016 Luqman Khan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An outclass book. If I should say that it is a gem on my book shelve then it won't be a false statement.
  • Persuasion: A New Approach to Changing Minds
  • Managers as Mentors: Building Partnerships for Learning
  • Quiet Leadership: Six Steps to Transforming Performance at Work
  • The 80/20 Individual: How to Build on the 20% of What You do Best
  • How Stella Saved the Farm: A Tale About Making Innovation Happen
  • The How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci Workbook: Your Personal Companion to How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci
  • Pulling Your Own Strings
  • As You Think
  • Richard Bandler's Guide to Trance-Formation Make Your Life Great.
  • The Dale Carnegie Leadership Mastery Course: How To Challenge Yourself and Others To Greatness
  • Do More Great Work: Stop the Busywork. Start the Work That Matters.
  • Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education In Business and Life
  • Encouragement Changes Everything: Bless and Be Blessed
  • Secrets of Angels & Demons
  • Think Like Da Vinci: 7 Easy Steps to Boosting Your Everyday Genius
  • The Artist's Way Every Day: A Year of Creative Living
  • Fierce Leadership: A Bold Alternative to the Worst "Best" Practices of Business Today
  • Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Red Book of Sales Answers: 99.5 Real World Answers That Make Sense, Make Sales, and Make Money
Robin Sharma is one of the world’s premier thinkers on leadership, personal growth and life management. The bestselling author of
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari,
Who Will Cry When You Die? and
The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO and four other books on self-transformation.

Robin Sharma is in constant demand internationally as keynote speaker at the conferences of many of the most powerful companies

More about Robin S. Sharma...

“What the society thinks is of no interest to me. All that's important is how I see myself. I know who who I am. I know the value of my work.” 141 likes
“Change is hardest at the beginning, messiest in the middle and best at the end.” 127 likes