Start by marking “Spot's First Christmas (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition) (Spot (Prebound))” as Want to Read:

Spot's First Christmas (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition) (Spot (Spot the Dog)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  10 reviews
FOR USE IN SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES ONLY. Spot is so excited after helping wrap presents and decorate the tree, that Sally, his mother, has trouble getting him to go to bed.
Library, 20 pages
Published September 1st 2004 by Turtleback (first published 1983)

Be the first to ask a question about Spot's First Christmas (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition) (Spot

Meg McGregor
Spot is one of my favorite dogs in children's literature and Christmas is my favorite holiday, so what is there not to love about this book?

The tabs will help make this book even more special to your young readers!
James Koppert
its simple and works, both the girls loved this
Elizabeth
This is such an easy to read book that many teachers would overlook how helpful it can be to readers who have trouble with reading fluently or ESOL students. The repetition of the book is very helpful for these readers to simply "scoop" their words together. The more practice they are able to get with this the more apt they are to apply this to other books. Also the illustrations are fun and interactive since they have the flaps that students can uncover.
Henrik
I never read this as a child, but I read other Spot-books. My 2 year old son absolutely loved this one which I got him for Christmas. Something about the characters, pictures and first of all the flips is just incredibly fascinating for children.
Heidi
Love Spot. This book for a storytime? Not so much. But it's cute to see a favorite puppy excited for Christmas. And Lift-the-Flaps are always a joy.
Kayla
My son loved this book! He really enjoyed finding out what spot was doing by opening the flip parts!
This book would be better suited for an older toddler because it has lift-the-flaps inside.
Paul
Spot the dog misses the point of his first Christmas by falling asleep.
Emma
Spot's a cutie, as ever!
Raquel Anzures
Raquel Anzures marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Teanna
Teanna added it
Apr 10, 2015
Lyndsey Miller
Lyndsey Miller marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Steph
Steph added it
Feb 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Mouse's First Christmas
  • What Makes a Rainbow? Mini edition (A Magic Ribbon Book)
  • One Snowy Night
  • Baby Signs
  • Santa's Book of Names
  • Curious George's Opposites
  • Whose Baby Am I? Board Book
  • Can You See What I See?: The Night Before Christmas: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve
  • Touch and Feel: Farm
  • My Big Truck Book
  • Father Christmas Goes on Holiday
  • Merry Christmas, Ollie!
  • Dora Loves Boots
  • I Hate My Bow!  (Hello Reader!, Level 1)
  • Dewey's Christmas at the Library
  • Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?
  • That's Not My Puppy...Its Coat is Too Hairy (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • Henry and Mudge Take the Big Test (Henry and Mudge, #10)
Eric Gordon Hill OBE was a popular author and illustrator of children's picture books, best known for his character Spot the Dog. His works have been widely praised for their contributions to child literacy. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.
More about Eric Hill...

Spot the Dog (1 - 10 of 162 books)
  • Where's Spot? (Picture Puffin - Lift-the-flap book)
  • Spot Goes to School (color)
  • Spot Goes On Holiday
  • Spot Visits His Grandparents
  • Spot Goes to the Farm
  • Spot Loves His Daddy
  • Spot's Birthday Party
  • Good Night Spot
  • Spot Goes to the Beach (color)
  • Spot Loves His Mum
Where's Spot? (Picture Puffin - Lift-the-flap book) Spot Goes to the Farm Spot Loves His Daddy Spot Goes to School (color) Spot's Birthday Party