Start by marking “Evangelism Without Additives: What if sharing your faith meant just being yourself?” as Want to Read:

What if “evangelism” meant just being yourself?

If the gospel really is good news, why do most Christians avoid evangelism? Why is “witnessing” often a negative experience, for both the sender and receiver? Wouldn’t it be great if you could communicate the good news without having to become a spiritual salesperson?

What if…
•you didn’t have to make a speech in order to “witn
Published April 17th 2007 by WaterBrook (first published June 7th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Evangelism Without Additives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evangelism Without Additives

Fr. Matthew
The book is okay. It seems more directed towards evangelical Christians who are recovering from "bait and switch" and heavy-handed salesmanship "evangelism"--things Orthodox Christians traditionally don't do. As such, I fell outside of the book's intended target audience and felt the author was belaboring a point I already get.

What the author recommends (treating "the missing" as people we should love and not as projects) seemed obvious to me, but clearly he's writing for a particular segment of
Molly
Jan 18, 2010 Molly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
Good book. Kinda reinforced what I have always felt...rote evangelism rarely works and might do more harm than good.

This book shares practical examples and suggestions for creating authentic relationships,,,focus on REAL listening, caring about people and being the hands and feet.

I would rate this book higher, but it was a little dry to read.

It also comes with study questions and can be used as a class room study.
Ronald Melone
Aug 15, 2012 Ronald Melone rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book! If you have ever thought about sharing your faith with others (family, friends) and were thinking it required you to be courageous, this is the book for you. Every chapter has solid examples of what is known as Ordinary Attempts that can jump start your path to evangelizing. It's very easy reading and is 139 pages plus about 18 pages of questions for each chapter so this can be used in a Study and Discussion Group.
Leah
Oct 18, 2008 Leah rated it really liked it
The Shack teaches that everything you do matters because you are a Child of God. Evangelism without additives drives home the point that when God says everything He means everything. The simplest gesture of listening to someone is a gift. Do you have a divine appointment with someone today?
Bill
Feb 24, 2012 Bill rated it really liked it
See http://www.BillDahl.net for the review
Katie
Mar 17, 2016 Katie rated it liked it
Some things he wrote made me change the way I would think to evangelize. Other things, though, I felt attacked me and other Christians.
Kathbick
Mar 25, 2013 Kathbick rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-growth
As with many books, I got the main idea after the first few chapters! A different paradigm to think about.
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2012
Todd Wilhelm
Todd Wilhelm rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Daniel
Daniel rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2012
Cathy Campbell
Cathy Campbell rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2012
Brandon Johnson
Brandon Johnson rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2011
Astrid
Astrid rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2011
Mark
Mark rated it it was ok
Jun 19, 2013
Keith Carlson
Keith Carlson rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2008
Joseph W Griffin
Joseph W Griffin rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Tim Bossie
Tim Bossie rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2017
Allan
Allan rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2011
Jacob
Jacob rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2012
John Scholz
John Scholz rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Emily Kaufman
Emily Kaufman rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2013
Richellelee
Richellelee rated it really liked it
May 04, 2011
Eric Yaple
Eric Yaple rated it really liked it
May 29, 2014
Dawn Araujo-Hawkins
Dawn Araujo-Hawkins rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2011
Carter Hemphill
Carter Hemphill rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Brock Pattison
Brock Pattison rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2014
Karla
Karla rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2009
Nellie
Nellie rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2007