Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime: A Book of Zombie Love Songs

Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime: A Book of Zombie Love Songs

2.99 of 5 stars 2.99  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Zombies have feelings, too. . .

Sure, losing a limb doesn’t faze them in the slightest,but a zombie’s rotting heart can still break justlike anybody else’s. Yes, it’s true: Zombies need loving!And this soul-stirring collection of more than two dozen classiclove songs is just the ticket for zombie romantics everywhere.
Published November 30th 2010 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published November 24th 2010)

Gretchen Alice
You think that people would have had enough of zombie love songs...but I look around me and I see it isn't so. Some people want to fill the world with zombie love songs. What's wrong with that? I want to know...so here I go...again!
(I DARE YOU to not have that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day.)
The concept is pretty straightforward. Take a bunch of well-known pop songs and zombie-ify the lyrics. The result is amusing, if a little predictable.
Some songs are less of a stretch than...more
Christina
I bought this short little paperback as a gift for my guy. It is a fun and funny read that is sure to result in some twisted and silly serenades. Worth the $9 for anybody that finds zombies delightful. The illustrations of zombie artists like Sonny and Cher are also pretty fun.
May
To get 4 or more stars, a CD of the zombie love songs should have accompanied this book. As a result, I had to give it only 3 as I quietly hummed the song's zombified lyrics to myself. Thankfully, office mate was too distracted to notice.
Relena_reads
I wanted to like this, and the illustrations are amazing, but the songs are just too disturbing (not creepy or scary, but disturbing). I put it on the shelf for the kids at school.
Becky Everhart
This book was an astonishing quick read, although I suppose one could get extra enjoyment out of the slim volume by pulling up karaoke versions of each song on YouTube to see how the altered versions would sound. The words could have been better, less repetitive, or further from the original at times, but it was still a fun read. I liked the illustrations quite a bit, especially since the likenesses were clever and spot-on. This is a nice book to use to get yourself ready for Halloween or a Zomb...more
Michelle
Good book for Valentine's Day. Highly suggest finding the songs on Youtube and singing along. Makes you really appreciate the zombie songs.
Best lines for that zombie lover of yours:
-"Your brain is my make-up I wear since I tried to eat you."
-"..your skin's tenderest while it peels off in my fingertips."
-"And when I eat brains I feels so happy inside."
-"Eat your eyes, your eyes, your eyes, They are no longer there."

Great parody song book.
frogfairie
Perhaps the fact that I didn't know all the tunes of the book taints my rating. It may also be that I feel a bit like "been there, done that" since I already read 'It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies" and found that entertaining. Either way, I was a bit bored with this but got a couple of chuckles & it's a quick read so not much time wasted.
Monica
This is a reworded collection of "love" songs with a zombie slant.

The word choices are clever, follow the original song's tempo rather well, and rather inventive. Humor is interlaced throughout the book as well.

Overall, a fun read.
Mandy Rae Coudriet
Every Zombie Eats Somebody. Sometimes is a book of clasic love songs turned undead. The book is amusing in its own way with comical drawing of zombies in love. All in all it was hood for a laugh.
Stefani
A book of zombie love songs, written to the tune of classic songs. Great if you know the tunes; mediocre if you don't. Still, a fun quick read, with funny and disturbing illustrations.
Bandit
Adorable tiny book with some really cute, albeit profoundly disturbed versions of popular song lyrics and pictures. Sing them to your loved one :)
Jessica
The real challenge in reading this book is not singing the songs aloud. (You can't resist. Beware of reading this book in a public place.)
Katie
silly love songs set to the theme of Zombies. A good fun read that was quite original.
Henrik Rostoft
Nov 12, 2011 Henrik Rostoft rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: With a love of Zombies
Some of the text were quite funny and fitted the original lyrics quite well
Denise Talamantez
Zombie versions of love songs, huh?? who knew? Great illustrations though.
Carol
fun way to gear up for Halloween. I did sing every last one of them out loud!
Christine
Would be something to use around Halloween, doing karaoke.
Diane
Very funny- if only it came with audio too!
L.S. Murphy
Great illustrations!
Diamond
Diamond marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Mightyguy
Mightyguy marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Carina
Carina marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Michael P. Spradlin is the author of more than a dozen books for children.
More about Michael P. Spradlin...
Keeper of the Grail (The Youngest Templar, #1) Live and Let Shop (Spy Goddess, #1) Trail of Fate (The Youngest Templar, #2) It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies: A Book of Zombie Christmas Carols Orphan of Destiny (The Youngest Templar, #3)