Meat Is for Pussies: A How-To Guide for Dudes Who Want to Get Fit, Kick Ass, and Take Names

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In Meat is for Pussies, John Joseph makes sure you never look at meat the same way. After painting a sickening picture of how things really are, John outlines a plan for a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life. Do you want to continue living like a pussy, or are you ready to take back control of your life? It's your call.
Published 2010 by Crush Books

Cara St.Hilaire
"Tell that hot girl in your yoga class that you're making sweet and sour tofu balls over quinoa (the recipe is later in the book). She'll be doing some downward dog for ya later that night, homie" (p 199).

Hysterical, straightforward, factual, and oh so true, this book is a true gem! Written for dudes for sure, this guide to vegan living delivers a swift kick in the butt to men who think eating vegan is for pussies. His whole point is that polluting the environment, eating an innocent animal that...more
Jon Galanis
"Meat is for Pussies" is John Joseph of the Cro-Mags' take on the merits of vegetarianism. After reading his autobiography and learning all of the crazy and powerful stories of his life, I felt like I knew another book from him would be, at the very least, entertaining.

One thing confused me about this book - I had a really hard time figuring out who exactly his intended audience was when he wrote this - and more often than not I thought to myself "I really hope it isn't me!"

I am already a vegeta...more
Nathan
This book changed my life. I am so happy I read this book.
Anthony St-peter
I read books very slow unfortunately, I read meat is for pussies during my 1 hour break between classes, I love john Joseph and I wanted to become vegan. This book def.helped big time. and he's not using pussy to disgrace women.
Cari
I highly recommend this book to anyone that cares what they put in their body. John Joseph is spot on, love him. I know some guys that think its manly to eat meat and they do it almost because of peer pressure. That's ridiculous. They all need to read this book and tough up.
Todd Myers
Great book by the frontman from Cro-Mags, and there is a lot more info in here than just why you shouln't be eating meat. A good read for men and women.
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Aaron Longoria
Aaron Longoria is currently reading it
John Macready
John Macready marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jeremy
Jeremy is currently reading it
Aunty Jean
Aunty Jean marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
R. Izumi
R. Izumi marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Agata
Agata marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Gord Fynes
Gord Fynes is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Tomaz
Tomaz marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Nerijus Petrauskas
Nerijus Petrauskas marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Deandre Johnson
Deandre Johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Kathi
Kathi marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Valentina
Valentina marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Nha Phuong
Nha Phuong marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Lea Bee
Lea Bee marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Aaron Hall
Aaron Hall marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Jordan Ridenour
Jordan Ridenour marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014

John Joseph McGowan (a.k.a. John Joseph) is a punk rock singer from New York City, most famous for his work with the Cro-Mags in the 1980s.

Joseph was raised in foster care and grew up on the streets of New York. He was the lead singer for the New York hardcore punk band Cro-Mags from 1984 until 1987, though he d...more
More about John Joseph...
The Evolution of a Cro-Magnon