Start by marking “Brunner the Bounty Hunter (Warhammer: Brunner the Bounty Hunter, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
Brunner the Bounty Hunter (Warhammer: Brunner the Bounty Hunter, #1-4)

Brunner the Bounty Hunter (Warhammer)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Omnibus edition collecting all three novels in the Brunner the Bounty Hunter series. Dark and savage tales set in the world of Warhammer, by author C.L. Werner.
Published April 29th 2010 by The Black Library (first published April 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Brunner the Bounty Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brunner the Bounty Hunter

Luke Nyland
The only thing that stopped me giving this book a 5-star rating was some of the repetition and unimaginative wordplay; the story itself is one of the best I've ever read.

There are those out there who are hesitant to begin reading a story set in the Warhammer world because they either don't know the lore and background, or they think they won't understand the terminology used in the stories: if you are one of these people, this may be the perfect introductory story for you. There is minimal refe
Matt Schiariti
Thrills! Chills! Kills!

I happened upon this book ( as well as a bunch of other Warhammer paperbacks) at a local store's going out of business sale. Fantasy makes up a very small portion of my reading list. In fact, to date I've only read about half a dozen Fantasy novels, three of which belonged to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy..the other belonging to Sean Russel's Swans War Triology..but I digress...

In any event I'm glad I decided to pick this one up. I've never read a Warhammer novel before. I
Steve
I finally finished this omnibus, and despite some initial reservations, I have to say I quite liked it.

Let me first mention what's in the book. The omnibus contains three previously published novels- Blood and Steel, Blood Money, and Blood of the Dragon, as well as the short story "What Price Vengeance". All the books/stories in the omnibus cover the exploits and adventures of Brunner, a mysterious bounty hunter known to always get his man, creature, or anything.

Now, I listed the omnibus' inclus
Teo
[note: "Brunner the Bounty Hunter" is an omnibus collecting all the short stories, originally collected in volumes titled "Blood & Steel" and "Blood Money", and the novel "Blood of the Dragon"]

From the pen of C. L. Werner, one of today’s greatest fantasy writers and certainly one of the top talents employed by Black Library (BL), come the dark and brutal adventures of the ruthless bounty hunter called Brunner.

“Brunner: The Bounty Hunter” is in fact an omnibus, collecting all the Brunner-rela
Mike Malaspina
Brunner is a collection of tales set in the "Grim Dark" world of Warhammer. He's more protagonist than hero and that's okay with me. Merciless, smart, tough as nails and relentless, Brunner is a notorious bounty killer. A bogeyman among the underworld. His name is whispered among thieves as legend. With good reason, Brunner nearly always gets his bounty and no one escapes him alive. Brunner isn't just a stereotypical invincible action character either. He doesn't win because he's the Terminator, ...more
Robert Michael
Good, but a bit repetitive. Maybe as a stand-alone book this would have been one more star. I did like the short story structure couched in the efforts of a penny-dreadful author inside that fantasy world, but after awhile the constant description of the protagonist became a bit heavy-handed and repetitive.

Other than that, solid writing. Any time I can find myself routing for a dark hero, the author is doing something right. However, in this case, it may be because his world is so dreadfully ble
Mphecker
This was a very fun piece of Warhammer Fantasy fiction. The stories are broken up in to smaller short stories (at least the first 5 or so I've read), and each helps to illustrate both the gritty setting and the utter ruthlessness of the protagonist. While I didn't read the full collection in one marathon, the stories seem self-contained enough to let me pick them up and put them down as I choose, which is a definite bonus. While I was already a fan of the author's Witch Hunter trilogy, the adven ...more
Nic Hatcher
Gritty, down to Earth, and exquisitely violent. it shows you what Warhammer is all about.
Audrey Terry
Brunner will always have a special place in my heart. This was one of the first Warhammer books i'd read, and it got me so hooked. I just love this author. Brunner feels like a real flesh and blood man. His adventures are epic, and I totally wanted to pack a duffel bag and ride off after him to fight Orc's and stuff. haha. I recommended this to my younger brother who was looking for a good adventure, and he's hooked too! This is one of those books you'll never want to end.
John
Brunner is comically efficient. The stories in this collection are fun and light (and a great read while on the train rides between castles in Germany!), but lack believably and depth. They are well done though for how quickly the plots develop, and each ends with a clever lesson or philosophy.
Mike
Warhammer continues to deliver on interesting characters & non-stop action. Great guilty pleasure reading especially if your a roleplaying gamer or former gamer. Fans of D&D, Dragonlance, & heroic fantasy will enjoy this Antihero.
Christian
Just finished. Awesomeness. Brunner is Bhaera's perfect drinking buddy. Brunner is absolutely amoral, ungrateful, underhanded, mercenary and relentless.
Ray Thompson
It wasnt the best of books, as the characters tended to be too simple in scope. Some of the tales proved entertaining while others just didnt have it.
Jay D
I very much enjoyed reading about the ruthless exploits of Brunner the bounty hunter , not a very serious read but still a good one .
Eric Bailey
by far my favorite warhammer book. brunner is the quintessential anti hero.
Perspehone
Perspehone marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Anthony Hensley
Anthony Hensley marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Chae Chae
Chae Chae marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Danny Dowdle
Danny Dowdle marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Vizi
Vizi marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Michael Guzman
Michael Guzman marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Kendall McKee
Kendall McKee marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
  • Empire
  • Malekith
  • Thunder and Steel
  • Road of Skulls
  • Vampire Wars (Von Carstein, #1-3)

Warhammer (1 - 10 of 71 books)
  • Drachenfels (Warhammer) (The Vampire Genevieve, #1)
  • Genevieve Undead (Warhammer) (The Vampire Genevieve, #2)
  • Beasts in Velvet (Warhammer) (The Vampire Genevieve, #3)
  • Silver Nails (Warhammer) (The Vampire Genevieve, #4)
  • Witch Finder
  • Witch Killer
  • Matthias Thulmann: Witch Hunter
  • Dinero sangriento
  • Blood and Steel (Warhammer) (Brunner the Bounty Hunter, #2)
  • Blood of the Dragon (Warhammer) (Brunner the Bounty Hunter, #3)
Matthias Thulmann: Witch Hunter Grey Seer (Warhammer: Thanquol & Boneripper, #1) Witch Hunter The Siege of Castellax Witch Finder