Start by marking “Brunner the Bounty Hunter (Warhammer: Brunner the Bounty Hunter, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
Brunner the Bounty Hunter (Warhammer: Brunner the Bounty Hunter, #1-4)

Brunner the Bounty Hunter (Warhammer)

Omnibus edition collecting all three novels in the Brunner the Bounty Hunter series. Dark and savage tales set in the world of Warhammer, by author C.L. Werner.
Published April 29th 2010 by The Black Library (first published April 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Brunner the Bounty Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brunner the Bounty Hunter

Matt Schiariti
Nov 19, 2012 Matt Schiariti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrills! Chills! Kills!

I happened upon this book ( as well as a bunch of other Warhammer paperbacks) at a local store's going out of business sale. Fantasy makes up a very small portion of my reading list. In fact, to date I've only read about half a dozen Fantasy novels, three of which belonged to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy..the other belonging to Sean Russel's Swans War Triology..but I digress...

In any event I'm glad I decided to pick this one up. I've never read a Warhammer novel before. I
Luke Nyland
Mar 20, 2011 Luke Nyland rated it really liked it
The only thing that stopped me giving this book a 5-star rating was some of the repetition and unimaginative wordplay; the story itself is one of the best I've ever read.

There are those out there who are hesitant to begin reading a story set in the Warhammer world because they either don't know the lore and background, or they think they won't understand the terminology used in the stories: if you are one of these people, this may be the perfect introductory story for you. There is minimal refe
Mike Malaspina
Apr 28, 2011 Mike Malaspina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Brunner is a collection of tales set in the "Grim Dark" world of Warhammer. He's more protagonist than hero and that's okay with me. Merciless, smart, tough as nails and relentless, Brunner is a notorious bounty killer. A bogeyman among the underworld. His name is whispered among thieves as legend. With good reason, Brunner nearly always gets his bounty and no one escapes him alive. Brunner isn't just a stereotypical invincible action character either. He doesn't win because he's the Terminator, ...more
Keith**BookReviewing24/7**
Not my usual sort of read but i did really enjoy it.
So much so that I got The Space Wolf Omnibus by William King and I'm a good 250 pages into that and liking it.
I also managed to find the first Horus book by Dan Abnett (Who is apparently well liked by the 40k readers)
So fingers crossed I enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed Brunner and the start of the Space Wolf Omnibus.
Teo
Jul 03, 2011 Teo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
[note: "Brunner the Bounty Hunter" is an omnibus collecting all the short stories, originally collected in volumes titled "Blood & Steel" and "Blood Money", and the novel "Blood of the Dragon"]

From the pen of C. L. Werner, one of today’s greatest fantasy writers and certainly one of the top talents employed by Black Library (BL), come the dark and brutal adventures of the ruthless bounty hunter called Brunner.

“Brunner: The Bounty Hunter” is in fact an omnibus, collecting all the Brunner-rela
Steve
Mar 29, 2011 Steve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finally finished this omnibus, and despite some initial reservations, I have to say I quite liked it.

Let me first mention what's in the book. The omnibus contains three previously published novels- Blood and Steel, Blood Money, and Blood of the Dragon, as well as the short story "What Price Vengeance". All the books/stories in the omnibus cover the exploits and adventures of Brunner, a mysterious bounty hunter known to always get his man, creature, or anything.

Now, I listed the omnibus' inclus
Jason
Dec 07, 2016 Jason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ive been a long time fan of Warhammer and 40k (Black Templars are best space marines), and have read and enjoyed dozens of books from tbe setting. This was no different. Brunner is a no nonsense bounty hunter that will do just about anything for the right price. From dragons, werewolves, vampires, and vermin he's seen it all. While incorporating a similar style through each of the short stories, Werner is able to create a tangible feeling and establish more and more character development while n ...more
Robert Michael
Good, but a bit repetitive. Maybe as a stand-alone book this would have been one more star. I did like the short story structure couched in the efforts of a penny-dreadful author inside that fantasy world, but after awhile the constant description of the protagonist became a bit heavy-handed and repetitive.

Other than that, solid writing. Any time I can find myself routing for a dark hero, the author is doing something right. However, in this case, it may be because his world is so dreadfully ble
Mphecker
Jul 25, 2012 Mphecker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-to-finish
This was a very fun piece of Warhammer Fantasy fiction. The stories are broken up in to smaller short stories (at least the first 5 or so I've read), and each helps to illustrate both the gritty setting and the utter ruthlessness of the protagonist. While I didn't read the full collection in one marathon, the stories seem self-contained enough to let me pick them up and put them down as I choose, which is a definite bonus. While I was already a fan of the author's Witch Hunter trilogy, the adven ...more
Audrey Terry
Brunner will always have a special place in my heart. This was one of the first Warhammer books i'd read, and it got me so hooked. I just love this author. Brunner feels like a real flesh and blood man. His adventures are epic, and I totally wanted to pack a duffel bag and ride off after him to fight Orc's and stuff. haha. I recommended this to my younger brother who was looking for a good adventure, and he's hooked too! This is one of those books you'll never want to end.
Mike
May 21, 2012 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Warhammer continues to deliver on interesting characters & non-stop action. Great guilty pleasure reading especially if your a roleplaying gamer or former gamer. Fans of D&D, Dragonlance, & heroic fantasy will enjoy this Antihero.
John
Mar 02, 2013 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brunner is comically efficient. The stories in this collection are fun and light (and a great read while on the train rides between castles in Germany!), but lack believably and depth. They are well done though for how quickly the plots develop, and each ends with a clever lesson or philosophy.
Christian
Just finished. Awesomeness. Brunner is Bhaera's perfect drinking buddy. Brunner is absolutely amoral, ungrateful, underhanded, mercenary and relentless.
Christoph Weber
Nice read, classic anti-hero action

Jay D
Feb 07, 2012 Jay D rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed reading about the ruthless exploits of Brunner the bounty hunter , not a very serious read but still a good one .
Ray Thompson
It wasnt the best of books, as the characters tended to be too simple in scope. Some of the tales proved entertaining while others just didnt have it.
Eric Bailey
Aug 06, 2013 Eric Bailey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
by far my favorite warhammer book. brunner is the quintessential anti hero.
Sam Hemsley
Sam Hemsley rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2013
Chris Gowland
Chris Gowland rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2012
Thys Zyl
Thys Zyl rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
Bill
Bill rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Roger
Roger rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2013
Andrei
Andrei rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Johann Grenier
Johann Grenier rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2012
David Piekarczyk
David Piekarczyk rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2014
Christian
Christian rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
DENNIS
DENNIS rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2016
Justin DiSabatino
Justin DiSabatino rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Jeff Sinclair
Jeff Sinclair rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Gavin
Gavin rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
  • Gotrek & Felix: The Third Omnibus
  • Blackhearts: The Omnibus
  • The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade Volume Two
  • Empire
  • The Vampire Genevieve
  • Vampire Wars (Von Carstein, #1-3)
  • Shadow King  (Time of Legends: The Sundering #2)
  • Thunder and Steel
  • Road of Skulls
  • The Great Betrayal

Warhammer (1 - 10 of 71 books)
  • Drachenfels (Warhammer) (The Vampire Genevieve, #1)
  • Genevieve Undead (Warhammer) (The Vampire Genevieve, #2)
  • Beasts in Velvet (Warhammer) (The Vampire Genevieve, #3)
  • Silver Nails (Warhammer) (The Vampire Genevieve, #4)
  • Witch Finder
  • Witch Killer
  • Matthias Thulmann: Witch Hunter
  • Dinero sangriento
  • Blood and Steel (Warhammer) (Brunner the Bounty Hunter, #2)
  • Blood of the Dragon (Warhammer) (Brunner the Bounty Hunter, #3)