Start by marking “Violet in Private” as Want to Read:
Violet in Private

Violet in Private (Violet #3)

The return of Violet, the not-so- confident model?
Violet Greenfield knows she's supposed to be a super-confident nineteen-year-old because she's done runway shows in New York and internationally. But now that she's finally headed to college, she's afraid she?ll turn back into that girl who blended into the walls in high school. Vassar is just two hours away from New York
Published August 5th 2008 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Violet in Private, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Violet in Private

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Marie Robinson for TeensReadToo.com

I have been putting off writing this review for several weeks. Not because I didn't enjoy the book. I did. I really enjoyed reading it. I would eagerly start each chapter wondering what was going to happen next. The characters felt real. The situations the title character, Violet, found herself in, the self-doubt she experienced, her relationships with
friends - it all felt remarkably authentic and, better yet, entertaining.

Yet, I hesitated. Violet
Wendy
Jan 16, 2012 Wendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen
I like Violet, but she seems to have the same revelation in every book.
The Loft
Violet’s not exactly feeling fresh as a daisy, but waking up with funion and beer breath is a good thing, right? I mean, isn’t that what college is all about?

Vassar College has hot guys and cool classes for sure, but it’s also an hour from New York City. Is our Violet really done with the modeling world for good? She thinks so, but Angela her devil-agent won’t stop calling, and here’s the thing. . . some girl brings a copy of an ad Violet’s starring in (”Mirabella Campaign” and it’s pretty hot)
Alea
Dec 13, 2008 Alea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Violet In Private is the third book in Melissa Walker's, Violet series. It picks up when Violet is just about to begin college at Vassar for the Winter/Spring term. She's decided maybe she doesn't really want to be a model anymore and would rather concentrate on being a normal college girl. The modeling world isn't quite ready to let her go though, her friend Veronica is constantly asking her to come to New York to go to parties and appearances with her for their Mirabella campaign and her agent ...more
Kaitlin Bevis
Feb 28, 2014 Kaitlin Bevis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Really, truly loved it, which is so strange because I wasn't that big of a fan of book one (though I did like book two more). This book did a fantastic job of showing Violet's growth (as well as every other character introduced in book one) and introduced some fantastic new characters, and had a steady plot. The ending did not wrap everything up in a nice neat bow, but felt resolved (best kind of ending). I love that none of the characters were perfect and none of the characte ...more
Crystal
Nov 06, 2008 Crystal rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, 2008
Again, I have the same complaints about this novel as I did about the second one.

There seemed to be no growth in Violet. She was a whiney child throughout the three novels, as well as being stupidly naive. The fact that she kept quitting being a model, and going back to it seemed a bit unrealistic. Contracts, anyone?

Also, towards the end of the book, how she treats Roger was very childish. I finished the book with gritted teeth, which is never a good sign.
Librarybarbie
Jul 08, 2011 Librarybarbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the entire series. Great for pre-teen and teens alike because peer pressure and body image issues are discussed in a manner in which kids that age will relate. They reinforce the message that no one is perfect and that is okay. Be yourself and enjoy life!
Andrea
May 08, 2009 Andrea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
It wasn't terrible but it wasn't really that good either. I don't think Violet is all that interesting when she is not a model, which is pretty much the opposite of what this book is trying to say.
Katie
Feb 27, 2009 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Violet is back and she is not modeling full-time this time. Violet has finally decided that maybe modeling isn't what she wants to be doing. She finally starts at Vassar and she actually feels like maybe this is where she belongs but then things get crazy again.

Once her Mirabella Prince ad campaign comes out Violet is back in the spotlight, even at Vassar. Nobody believes that she can possibly have weight issues because she is so tiny but nobody else knows what it is like in the modeling world.
Karen
pages.210 $9.99
Melissa C.Walker
ISBN-13: 9780425221822
ISBN-10: 0425221822

Life isn't always perfect, because there are ups and downs in life. And everyday and everybody does through it. Sometimes you follow your instinct at first and then at the end you realizes that you made a mistake and you can't do anything about. Violet In Private is the the third book of the Violet series. The first two books were really good, but this book wasn't as great as
Stacie
Jul 25, 2011 Stacie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"IT GIRL"
Violet Greenfield, fresh young model "it girl" of the moment, grows with this book as she enters her first year of college. Like so many of us college is an eye opener that leads us to new experiences. Violet wants all of that with out the pressures of the media controlled model world. She begins to find herself and what (model or college girl) and whom she wants (Roger or new beau Oliver), which is really what college brings us.

Melissa Walker has hit the nail on the head with this sto
Liviania
Jun 12, 2012 Liviania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Teen model Violet would like to lose the 'teen model' title. She stayed in the picture for the travel opportunities and because she liked the message a campaign was trying to send, but now she's ready to be a Vassar Girl. In addition to finding her place in college, with new friends, she's also discovering a talent for writing that lands her a job with magazine Teen Fashionista.

I respect Violet. She thinks she's much less assertive than she actually is, but it's easy to identify with that lack o
Anna
Violet in Private was wonderful. It was the only way I could think of the third book being. Melissa Walker did an amazing job of keeping the characters the same and continuing the series nicely. I was so excited to get this book - I read it a while ago, actually, but I can still remember how I felt reading it, which is amazing.

One thing that I love about reading the Violet series is that I know the book will most likely turn out good. But I still feel whatever Violet is feeling at certain times
Emilyandherlittlepinknotes
You don’t have to be a teen to enjoy this series by Melissa Walker (Violet on The Runaway, Violet by Design, Violet in Private, and I really hope there would be another book or even more) as it mixes lots of those elements that I mostly enjoy regardless of genre definition:

* POP CULTURE;

* LIT COUTURE;

* A GEEKY BOY with framed glasses (LOVE THEM) aka ROGER (one of my favourite YA Boys);

* WITTICISMs & NO BIG DRAMA;

* GREAT COVER

The story is told by Violet’s prospective, a 16 years old high sch
Kristi
Oct 26, 2008 Kristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Violet is back! She’s headed of to her freshman year at Vassar, and she is hoping to leave the modeling world behind once and for all. If only it was that easy. College life is great and she has unbelievably awesome new friends. But her phone is going off the hook constantly with calls from Angela her agent. Even though Violet may be done with modeling the modeling world isn’t done with her, she’s still under contract.

She still supports her healthy model lingo and she continues to get a bad wrap
Tasha
Aug 01, 2009 Tasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Violet’s back, but this time she really isn’t going back to the modeling world, or so she says. It’s time for her to be a normal college girl and head off for her first semester at Vassar. Even though college is supposed to be the time of a girl’s life, especially a fresh-faced model who’s been in many international Fashion Weeks, Violet is super worried that she just won’t cut it. She thinks she will resort back to her old self, the wall hugging, bland girl who just isn’t noticed.

It’s hard to
Mercedes Hubbard
Violet’s not exactly feeling fresh as a daisy, but waking up with funyun and beer breath is a good thing, right? I mean, isn’t that what college is all about?

Danielle
Sep 01, 2008 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teen Girls
Recommended to Danielle by: Chara
Shelves: young-adult
Carmen
Once again, Melissa Walker has written an amazing book. I loved following Violet into college and her struggles as her modeling life and her personal life starts to clash. After all her experiences though, I expected her to be more mature with the whole not answering people's calls, but I guess it emphasizes just how lost and confused she can still be. She continued to be the role model that she was from the series, promoting a healthy image for younger girls. Despite her insecurities, she stick ...more
Abby Johnson
***1/2 Teen supermodel Violet Greenfield is looking forward to starting college at Vassar and leaving her modeling career behind her, but she keeps getting dragged back into the public eye. Navigating an internship at a hip fashion magazine and in love with her best friend (who's currently dating someone else), Violet wonders if she'll ever find a place where she fits in.

This fun, fluffy read can stand alone even though it's the third in a series. I loved the details Ms. Walker provides about Va
M
Aug 24, 2009 M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
I was so upset when I picked up this book and figured out later that it's the third in a series.
Despite this, I went ahead and read it, and I'm happy to say that it wasn't exactly a 'series' book. You don't need to read the past books to understand and know what's happening. There are references to the other two books, but that doesn't put you off them. You'll be eager to go back and read those too.

I loved the details in this book. Melissa Walker is well-educated in the high fashion world, that'
Stephanie
Jan 30, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about Violet getting ready for life.She is finally getting over Paulo and is stuck in a new situation with Roger.Roger has been her best friend and now she is getting more stronger feelings for him.That is not possible because he is dating Chloe who they met through Violet.Violet still does modeling and began doing an internship and the biggest was going to Vassar University.

This was one of my favorite books from all three of the series.Since in this book all of the truth is finally
Izzy
Jun 30, 2014 Izzy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kurt salvó este libro.
Rima Ghosh neé Kar
I wanted it to happen so bad.
Allison Riehl
A cute installment.
Monicab
Dec 06, 2015 Monicab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha gustado bastante, Violet madura mucho en el libro y por fin hace lo que tiene que hacer y decide que es lo que quiere en su vida. El final dentro de los predecible me ha gustado mucho como se llega a él. En general una saga entretenida y esta bien para pasar el rato.
Amy
Nov 27, 2008 Amy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have loved the series so far. It reminds us of our values in life and how easily corrupted they can become- that we need to constantly remind not to loose ourselves in this high-expectationed world. It also tells a cna't-get-enough-of story about a young girl finding herself in the world, and deciding what is really important to her. I think we could all learn something from these books.
Jane
Dec 29, 2012 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves Chick-Lit
Recommended to Jane by: Goodreads
I thought that this was a good book, but not as good as the second one. It pretty much solves all of the problems that were discovered in the previous book. However, I would reccomend this book to any Chick-Lit lover, but I highly reccomend that they read the first two (as with all series) before reading this book.
Heather
Aug 14, 2009 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teenfiction
I cannot tell you how much I enjoy reading about Violet and her life. I know it took me forever to get to this one, but it was like reuniting with an old friend. I loved reading about Violet trying to sort out her high school life from her modeling life from her college life and still be true to herself. What fun!
Blurb
Not as good as the other Violet books. I feel like the first book was about her becoming a model, the second about the whole fashion industry/beauty standards thing and then the author didn't have any ideas for what this book would be about.
[read online:]
  • The Elite (The Elite, #1)
  • Cubanita
  • Prom Kings and Drama Queens
  • Amor and Summer Secrets (Amor and Summer Secrets, #1)
  • The Boyfriend Trick (First Kisses, #2)
  • The Real Real
  • House of Dance
  • Courage in Patience: A Story of Hope for Those Who Have Endured Abuse
  • Boy Trouble (The 310, #3)
  • Beauty and the Bully
  • Do-Over
  • Something Wicked (Horatio Wilkes Mysteries, #2)
  • How My Private, Personal Journal Became a Bestseller
  • A Girl Like Moi (The Fashion-Forward Adventures of Imogene, #1)
  • Braless in Wonderland
  • Crimes of the Sarahs
  • Frenemies (Frenemies, #1)
  • Fact of Life #31

Violet (3 books)
  • Violet on the Runway (Violet, #1)
  • Violet by Design (Violet, #2)