Start by marking “Raven on the Wing” as Want to Read:
Raven on the Wing

Raven on the Wing (Hagen #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  471 ratings  ·  19 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Kay Hooper brings together romance and suspense in this classic love story of a woman who must lie to keep a safe distance from the man she loves—because telling him the truth is too dangerous for them both.

From the moment Raven Anderson literally knocks Josh Long off his feet, he’s determined to keep this elusive beauty in his tight embra
Published May 25th 2010 by Bantam (first published April 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Raven on the Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven on the Wing

Aarann
Sorry, this was another Kay Hooper that just wasn't for me. (When she does it right, she really gets it right, but when she gets it wrong... meh.) Josh falls into insta-love with Raven, who very nearly returns the favor, falling in love with him right back after just two or three scenes together. The spy plot was really unbelievable (a bad guy who trafficks women, but supposedly loves women so much that he trusts them implicitly unless given a reason to do otherwise? Rurrrrly?) and since the rom ...more
Bridget
Have you ever fallen for a man that you can't let yourself have because if you did the consequences would be dire? That's what is going on in Raven's life. She isn't exactly who she says she is. When she meets Josh the sparks fly immediately. Trying to keep Josh safe, Raven denies her attraction to him. But Josh has friends in high places and finds out who she really is. Will he embrace the person she truly is and offer is help or will he decide to live the rest of his life without the woman he' ...more
Ty
My book has a different cover!
Again another book brought back to life.
I really liked the pace and style of this book
It had a great plot but I have to laugh
to think in the first chapter her asks
her to marry him. And they just met.
Hilarious!
Ruth
good. older loveswept, but stands the test of time.
Kari
I'm never one to give up on a series if the first book is so-so. So I did end up reading Raven on the Wing (First published in 1987 by Loveswept), which is Josh's story. This one was much better than the first in the series. I loved Josh and Raven. Josh is literally knocked over by pretty brunette, Raven and it is love at first sight. He will do everything he can to win her heart and make her his. The problem is that Raven seems to be living a double life.

There is pretty good suspense plot wove
Alan
If you ignore the insta-love, the second book in the Hagen series by Hooper is a little better. One thing that appeals to me in romance series (and series in general, I guess) is the use of the supporting cast. This time we had an abundance of them on both sides of the story with Kelsey, Zach, Lucas, and Rafferty. Some good banter among the boys, and of course, we know they all get their own stories.

The story of the undercover operation was a little unbelievable to me. In another format besides
Paraphrodite
I find this much better than the first book. More action and suspense, although still dated. I keep wanting to shout to Josh to stop smoking!!
Leslie
I always enjoy Kay Hooper's paranormal stories - and this didn't let me down!
Jane Doe
This could have been much better. The heroine starts out rocking a great kick ass career and then "Josh" finds her and messes it up. He had some no con going on wanting more than she was willing to give, but it worked out because she knew what he needed and decided to give it to him otherwise she wouldn't have been able to stay with himm. grrrrr He seemed like a little boy wanting everything at once. Interesting side characters.
Blossom
Oct 18, 2012 Blossom marked it as did-not-finished  ·  review of another edition
This is a DNF for me. I just lost all interest in the way the series started to go. The funny quirky characters from book one is what got me interested. This book has none of it after the first few chapters. I really liked Josh in his sister's book but I got to 74% and now I'm stuck. I have no desire to read on. There are too many books out there to read to waste more time on a series I'm no longer interested in.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Josh Long knew deep in his heart that he would lose all control to a dark hair lady. Knowing and accepting sent his world into a tailspin. Raven is a lot more than meets the eye. Josh has a time uncovering all of her.
Angela Proctor-fries
Well... it was a bit of a cross between " oh my goodness, what's gonna happen next" and banging my head against a wall in boredom and frustration. Another book I could not get lost in. Bummer.
Patricia
First book in a series of three. I love the fast pace in the story. Keeps the readers interest. Very enjoyable.
Randy Holmberg
great kay hooper book! couldn't put it down! Great start to a series, can't wait to keep reading.
Staci
I know this series has been out for a while, but couldn't they have done better covers?
May Lo
Not worth reading --- just like all trashy roman/suspend novels ..
Vivian
A quick romantic read, but somewhat formulaic and predictable.
Wendy
Awesome Awesome Awesome
Cferjani
Raven and Josh
Jessie Ann
Jessie Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Linda Tesh
Linda Tesh marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Mandi
Mandi is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2015
Addie Calvitt
Addie Calvitt marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
  • Always (Sedikhan, #8)
  • High-Caliber Christmas
  • Black Magic
  • A Weapon Of Opportunity
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
  • Desire's Sirocco (WindWorld, #1)
  • The Sinister Touch (Guinevere Jones, #3)
  • Deadly Trilogy Boxed Set (Deadly Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Body Temperature and Rising (Lakeland Witches, #1)
  • Darlin' Druid (Texas Druid, #1)
  • The Eyes of Constance (Beasts of Forever, #1)
  • Edge of Betrayal (Edge, #4)
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan
More about Kay Hooper...

Hagen (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • In Serena's Web (Hagen Series #1)
  • Rafferty's Wife (Hagen Series #3)
  • Zach's Law (Hagen Series #4)
  • The Fall of Lucas Kendrick (Hagen Series #5)
  • Unmasking Kelsey (Hagen Series #6)
  • Outlaw Derek (Hagen Series #7)
  • Shades Of Gray (Hagen Series #8)
  • Captain's Paradise (Hagen Series #9)
  • It Takes A Thief (Hagen Series #10)
  • Aces High (Hagen Series #11)
Whisper of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #5) Stealing Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #1) Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #12) Touching Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #4) Hunting Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #7)