Start by marking “Innocent in the Harem” as Want to Read:
Innocent in the Harem

Innocent in the Harem

3.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

"Ottoman Empire, 1565"

Prince Khadin knows his days are numbered. His death could come at any moment, but even he cannot help but be distracted by the Bedouin princess he sees making a daring bid for freedom from the slave market. Even in captivity, her courage and purity attract Khadin to her as much as her beauty. Unable to resist the temptation, he takes the maiden back

Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Innocent in the Harem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Innocent in the Harem

Oct 26, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I love the Arabian nights story this is like the erotic version with a strong independent princess which were captured after her whole family was murdered by a rival tribe. Prince Khadin see's the princess and witnesses her running for freedom and calming a injured horse. That's when he decides to buy her and keep her himself. What he didn't plan on is falling desperately love with her. Great bit of history which I loved with a HEA.
Sandra R
Jul 18, 2015 Sandra R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful novella, well written and steamy.
Shopgirl
Apr 28, 2015 Shopgirl rated it liked it
Mostly I liked this, though I was disappointed to find out it was just a novella and not a full-length novel (I'll have be more careful about what I buy on Amazon), and I personally think it would have worked better as a novel. I loved the setting and the historical period, but on the whole the characters and their relationship just felt too rushed to be really believable. As a result, it felt more like their relationship was based more on sex than love. I would really like to read a full-sized ...more
Tasmia
Enthralling. I think the writing tries to convey foreignness with its stiltedness, so it might not be to everyone's taste, but in my opinion, it works. I felt alienated from the hero and heroine for most of the story, but I think that's how it should have been. Ultimately there's nothing really authentic about this story, but the veneer of exoticism is enough to produce some distance. A bit annoying that our hero is blue-eyed, but I'm glad that the heroine isn't a northern import. Mind, they do ...more
Maura
May 14, 2016 Maura rated it really liked it
Sasha
Dec 04, 2010 Sasha rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Yes, despite the hokeyness of the name, I actually read this. And I'm giving it 3 whole stars because I knew what I was getting into beforehand and can't complain that it wasn't Shakespeare since it's so eloquently named 'Innocent in the Harem' and cost all of $3.

It was OK. The writing wasn't spectacular, but the author realised that brevity of description was the only way we'd get through this mediocre work, and so she gave us that. And I for one am grateful.

My only point of contention was the
Kerry
Apr 10, 2011 Kerry rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, romance, 6, 2011
Oh my goodness, what an embarrassing title! I'm beginning to see why people say a Kindle can be a very useful thing to have when reading romances. But after reading The Last Summer of Being Single, I realised some light, short romance is what I need to read right now. Sure, I miss the depth of a longer book, but I'm struggling with reading that same depth right now, so isn't a good thing Harlequin sell thier books as ebooks, all over the world, at reasonable prices.

It was a pleasant little story
May
It was a fast read

Not believable at all but ok

I can't exactly see when they fell in love !!

As for the supposingly Arabic words I only understood 3 and I'm Arabian
Melissa
Laila binte Nur Hamidah’s family was slaughtered by a rival tribe and she was taken to be sold as a slave. A botched escape attempt to flea to auction block catches Prince Khadin's attention and he promptly buys her. He brings her to the Sultan's (his father's) harem and has her prepared to be sent to him. Even though Khadin wants Laila he won't force her into his bed. Khadin's life is also pretty much under constant threat.
The premises for this was great and I did enjoy the story but it had so
Claudia
Dec 28, 2014 Claudia rated it really liked it
To short. Well written story from the Ottoman Empire. I sweet prince Khadin and a Bedouin lady Laila and their short love.
I wish Michelle Willingham made a story out of this.
Flynne Moran
Jul 03, 2012 Flynne Moran rated it it was amazing
I was interested in a fast, sexy-hot fantsy read set in an exotic locale, so I bought this. It filled the bill. The characters were well-constructed and the attraction and the dialogue between the hero and heroine were believable. There was actually a good plot(not always the case with eros-heavy books, which often just plug in bits and pieces of plot around the sex scenes.) And the sex was HOT, imho! It fit its genre perfectly and was an enjoyable read.
Jill Myles
Jul 25, 2010 Jill Myles rated it it was amazing
I am weak for any sort of harem story (I know, I know). This one is about one of the sultan's sons that purchases a fiery bedouin girl in the slave market. It's a fun read, and I enjoy Willingham's books because she always wraps up the plot nicely.
Cherrie Lim
Cherrie Lim marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Aimee
Aimee added it
Aug 03, 2016
Shana
Shana marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Rae B.
Rae B. added it
Jul 12, 2016
Neus Gutiérrez
Neus Gutiérrez rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Kimberley Bryant
Kimberley Bryant marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Jane
Jane added it
Jun 04, 2016
Tracey Brown
Tracey Brown marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Cindy Woods
Cindy Woods rated it it was ok
Apr 08, 2016
Tiana
Tiana added it
Apr 03, 2016
brian walker
brian walker rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Megen
Megen rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Katarina
Katarina rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
  • Delectably Undone!
  • The Panther and the Pearl
  • The Sheikh's Impetuous Love-Slave (Princes of the Desert #1)
  • The Surrender of a Lady
  • The Sheik Retold
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • The Falcon & the Dove (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #1)
  • Mirage
  • The Sheik's Command (Sahara Kings #1)
  • The Taming of Mei Lin (Tang Dynasty, #.5)
  • Desert Ecstasy
  • Adora
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
  • The Conqueror
  • In Bed With A Stranger (McJames, #1)
  • When His Kiss Is Wicked (Hamilton Sisters, #1)
  • Desert Prince, Defiant Virgin (Harlequin Presents, #2796)
  • The Scotsman
Rita Award Finalist Michelle Willingham has published over twenty books and novellas. Currently, she lives in southeastern Virginia with her husband and children and is working on more historical romance novels. When she's not writing, Michelle enjoys baking, playing the piano, and avoiding exercise at all costs. Visit her website at: www.michellewillingham.com or interact with her on Facebook at ...more
More about Michelle Willingham...