Start by marking “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” as Want to Read:
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
ebook
Published October 1st 2001 by Ipicturebooks (first published August 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Elaine
Dec 14, 2016 Elaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: storytimes
Beautifully dreamlike!
Julia Brumfield
What happens when you combine a wishing star with a children's rhyme? Why this beautiful story where a child is taken under the arms of that particular story as it leads her on one of the greatest adventures that she can imagine.

The story starts off on the nursery rhyme and then on the second verse starts to veer away from the familiar. Due to small font size and a bit of its lengthiness it may not be a match for younger readers

With its slightly subdued bright colors the book's illustrations
Ally
Feb 16, 2016 Ally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
Author: Iza Trapani
Illustrator: Iza Trapani
Genre: Picture Book/Nursery Rhyme
Themes: Stars/Earth/Fun
Opening line/sentence: “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, how I wonder what you are”
Brief Book Summary: This book is about a girl singing to a star and she goes on adventures with the star.
Professional Recommendation/Review #1: Using a variation of a traditional poem, this is a great bedtime book for toddlers and preschoolers. Most of us can remember that twinkling
Megan Cureton
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star is a classic nursery rhyme that has been around forever. This story is about a little girl that wishes she could visit the star up in the sky, when suddenly, her wish comes true. The star is right in her window and takes her up into the sky with him. While they are up in the sky, they see the sun and the planets, overlook the fisherman at sea, the parents caring for a newborn baby, and so on. The star safely takes the little girl back to her bed and tells her that h ...more
Vivian
This extended version of the familiar children's song worked well with our "Outer Space" story time theme. As we greeted the children we stamped the backs of their hands with a star. The performer introduced this story by asking them "Who can tell me what picture is on your hand?" and then asked, "Who knows a song about a star?" Then she said, "We are going to see what happens with this little girl and the star."

The performer asked lots of questions throughout the book, hurrying through some pag
Alexis Jennings (ASU)
This short story is a great bedtime story! A young girl befriends a star who takes her on a journey. This book demonstrates a “home away from home” narrative structure. The character leaves home and has adventures and learns that the safest place for him to be is at home.

Kids will enjoy this book because of the extension on the familiar nursery rhyme. At the back of the book, the author provided a music sheet with all the notes and lyrics so kids can sing the entire story.

There was so much to l
Michelle Vaughn
Mads, age 2: five stars
Mom: five stars

Once a part of my childhood library, now Mads chooses it as a before-bed read at least once a week. He loves, first, that it is about the night sky--we're moon watchers and star gazers in this house (real live lunatics). He also loves, even though my voice is not a strong one, that I sing the book to him rather than just reading it. He might also like that the little girl in this book's pages looks a little like his cousin. I love the illustrations; they are
Dave Lester
My daughter, Naomi, loves the classic nursery rhyme song "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and in this children's book (which we discovered cheap at Goodwill) adds to the mythos of the song that has been around forever. Author Iza Trapani keeps the stanza formation to tell a larger story of a girl who rides a star from her bed up into space and looks back on the earth. The star then takes her home and the book serves as a chronicling of this adventure. The writing isn't spectacular but there is a ...more
Joanna Cheno
A friend and I went to read to little kids, and we read the book twinkle twinkle little star to them. It was very nice reading to little kids, i had never done anything like that before. We actually sang to them. At first we were all embarrassed and we really did not know what to do. Once we started singing we started laughing. But then we just relaxed and sang to them good. It was a really good experience and i would do it again with pleasure. You should try doing something like that when there ...more
Meg McGregor
Sep 24, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Iza Trapani has done it again! This time, a lovely little girl accompanies a friendly star all around the moon, sun, and planets. She sees how lovely our Earth looks like from space.

Then the star tells her how he helps sailors find their way home at night,
how stars shed light over cities, and farms, and on babies held in loving arms.

They look down and see puppies resting in their bed, little birds asleep high in trees, and sleepy children being tucked in for the night.

What a great book. It shoul
Jenna
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is a great story to read to elementary ages children because there is a good chance most of them have heard the nursery rhyme at least once. You could start by singing the song with your class and ask them what they think the story is going to be about based on the cover. I think students would enjoy the fact that they could hear a story about a song they heard when they were younger.
Alicia
Jan 05, 2012 Alicia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I'm not as big a fan of this rhyme that takes a girl on an adventure with the star. Although it's got a catchy rhyme, it's a little too atmospheric rather than children's rhyme, but I do enjoy the wordless full-page spread where the girl is hanging upside down from the rings of Saturn!
Rowan
Jun 26, 2015 Rowan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, favorites
Expanded version of the nursery rhyme with absolutely stunning artwork and including just a tiny bit of information about outer space and planets. Rowan asks someone to read her this book at least once almost every day right now.
Mariah
This is a great early childhood book to expand on the traditional Twinkle Twinkle Little star that many kids learn. This book has interesting illustrations. It teaches kids to go beyond what is always told to them.
Nicole De
Feb 17, 2016 Nicole De rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edrd-314
This is a good book, beautiful illustrations of the great nursery rhyme. Though leaves little to the imagination the story doesn't differ all from the original, would have liked to have something a little different or the pictures to shed some new light.
Annie
Jul 13, 2007 Annie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like Chicken Soup for the Soul
Shelves: childrens
OOOOH WEEE TIARA! Is it even legal to write a book with such disgusting, useless, awkward text? I guess so. It's a free country. Go ahead and read this book, but don't expect to ever get those 3.5 minutes of your life back!
Dawn Ellen
Oct 16, 2014 Dawn Ellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
Everytime i watch this 3yrold i like, i have to read this book at least 2 to 3times to her. Its a cute book.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 14288 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.6 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Becky Kondritz
Apr 11, 2013 Becky Kondritz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all-time favorite books with my own kids. I used to sing it. I spared my students and just read the nursery rhyme aloud.
Terelyn
May 22, 2010 Terelyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trapani's best: An adventure exploring the world from the star's point of view, with well done new verses to the classic nursery rhyme. And we name our planets one by one!
Kari
Jul 03, 2009 Kari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-s-books
My kids have all enjoyed these - and I use them for nursery singing time (the whole series by Iza Trapani.)
Sadie
Jul 12, 2009 Sadie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my favorite books ever since i was like 9 because of the rhyming and i just love this book ^_^
Kaley Matous
Sep 29, 2014 Kaley Matous rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edrd-314
This book was not very unique and interesting. I liked reading all of the verses since I only know the first by heart, but it was not incredibly exciting.
K.
Giving great visuals to a classic preschool song, this book does a great job! Each page is simple, and children are able to read aloud since they are familiar with the song.
Adrienne
Feb 28, 2014 Adrienne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
The illustrations are pretty and the additional verses to a classic song make it lots of fun to read with kids. I did think the gold print was hard to read--but it looked pretty.
Alyssa
Nov 30, 2015 Alyssa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
Love this book, good for teaching about rhyme.
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Nov 09, 2014
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2016
Lauren Milam
Lauren Milam rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
  • Wheels on the Bus
  • The Eensy-Weensy Spider
  • Who is Coming to Our House?
  • Who Hops?
  • Down by the Station
  • Three Little Kittens
  • America the Beautiful
  • Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?
  • Curious George and the Birthday Surprise (Curious George New Adventures)
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star: And Other Favorite Bedtime Rhymes
  • If I Ran the Rain Forest: All About Tropical Rain Forests
  • The Story of Me (God’s Design for Sex, #1)
  • Sylvia Long's Mother Goose
  • Five Green and Speckled Frogs (Sing and Read Storybook)
  • Clap Your Hands