Start by marking “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” as Want to Read:
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  335 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
Published by Ipicturebooks (first published August 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Megan Cureton
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star is a classic nursery rhyme that has been around forever. This story is about a little girl that wishes she could visit the star up in the sky, when suddenly, her wish comes true. The star is right in her window and takes her up into the sky with him. While they are up in the sky, they see the sun and the planets, overlook the fisherman at sea, the parents caring for a newborn baby, and so on. The star safely takes the little girl back to her bed and tells her that h ...more
Alexis Jennings (ASU)
This short story is a great bedtime story! A young girl befriends a star who takes her on a journey. This book demonstrates a “home away from home” narrative structure. The character leaves home and has adventures and learns that the safest place for him to be is at home.

Kids will enjoy this book because of the extension on the familiar nursery rhyme. At the back of the book, the author provided a music sheet with all the notes and lyrics so kids can sing the entire story.

There was so much to l
Michelle Vaughn
Mads, age 2: five stars
Mom: five stars

Once a part of my childhood library, now Mads chooses it as a before-bed read at least once a week. He loves, first, that it is about the night sky--we're moon watchers and star gazers in this house (real live lunatics). He also loves, even though my voice is not a strong one, that I sing the book to him rather than just reading it. He might also like that the little girl in this book's pages looks a little like his cousin. I love the illustrations; they are
Meg McGregor
Iza Trapani has done it again! This time, a lovely little girl accompanies a friendly star all around the moon, sun, and planets. She sees how lovely our Earth looks like from space.

Then the star tells her how he helps sailors find their way home at night,
how stars shed light over cities, and farms, and on babies held in loving arms.

They look down and see puppies resting in their bed, little birds asleep high in trees, and sleepy children being tucked in for the night.

What a great book. It shoul
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is a great story to read to elementary ages children because there is a good chance most of them have heard the nursery rhyme at least once. You could start by singing the song with your class and ask them what they think the story is going to be about based on the cover. I think students would enjoy the fact that they could hear a story about a song they heard when they were younger.
This extended version of the familiar children's song worked well with our "Outer Space" story time theme. As we greeted the children we stamped the backs of their hands with a star. The performer introduced this story by asking them "Who can tell me what picture is on your hand?" and then asked, "Who knows a song about a star?" Then she said, "We are going to see what happens with this little girl and the star."

The performer asked lots of questions throughout the book, hurrying through some pag
Expanded version of the nursery rhyme with absolutely stunning artwork and including just a tiny bit of information about outer space and planets. Rowan asks someone to read her this book at least once almost every day right now.
The illustrations are pretty and the additional verses to a classic song make it lots of fun to read with kids. I did think the gold print was hard to read--but it looked pretty.
Giving great visuals to a classic preschool song, this book does a great job! Each page is simple, and children are able to read aloud since they are familiar with the song.
Kaley Matous
This book was not very unique and interesting. I liked reading all of the verses since I only know the first by heart, but it was not incredibly exciting.
Joanna Cheno
A friend and I went to read to little kids, and we read the book twinkle twinkle little star to them. It was very nice reading to little kids, i had never done anything like that before. We actually sang to them. At first we were all embarrassed and we really did not know what to do. Once we started singing we started laughing. But then we just relaxed and sang to them good. It was a really good experience and i would do it again with pleasure. You should try doing something like that when there ...more
Dawn C
Everytime i watch this 3yrold i like, i have to read this book at least 2 to 3times to her. Its a cute book.
Really sweet story and expansion on the song
I'm not as big a fan of this rhyme that takes a girl on an adventure with the star. Although it's got a catchy rhyme, it's a little too atmospheric rather than children's rhyme, but I do enjoy the wordless full-page spread where the girl is hanging upside down from the rings of Saturn!
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 14288 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.6 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Jul 13, 2007 Annie rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like Chicken Soup for the Soul
Shelves: childrens
OOOOH WEEE TIARA! Is it even legal to write a book with such disgusting, useless, awkward text? I guess so. It's a free country. Go ahead and read this book, but don't expect to ever get those 3.5 minutes of your life back!
This is a great early childhood book to expand on the traditional Twinkle Twinkle Little star that many kids learn. This book has interesting illustrations. It teaches kids to go beyond what is always told to them.
Becky Kondritz
One of my all-time favorite books with my own kids. I used to sing it. I spared my students and just read the nursery rhyme aloud.
This was one of my favorite books ever since i was like 9 because of the rhyming and i just love this book ^_^
My kids have all enjoyed these - and I use them for nursery singing time (the whole series by Iza Trapani.)
Retelling of traditional nursery rhymes and song. Cute pictures and catchy rhyming stories.
Ramya Sukardi
Coba baca buku ini. Kata2 nya bisa kita nyanyikan pake nada twinkle2 little star
Maren Prestegaard
Maren went nuts over the illustrations. Baby bird mouth. Mom loved the second stanza.
used to teach the eleven verses of the song.. great for kindergarten music
A classic embedded in to most of us as a song the book is just as fufilling!
classic song with all the lyrics illustrated. good bedtime book.
Again, another favorite from my younger years...:)
Olson Family Matters
We love these "sing-along" books!
We love this author/illustrator
Sarah Stephens
great bedtime story book
  • Wheels on the Bus
  • The Eensy-Weensy Spider
  • Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?
  • Three Little Kittens
  • Who Hops?
  • Down by the Station
  • America the Beautiful
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star: And Other Favorite Bedtime Rhymes
  • Clap Your Hands
  • Curious George and the Birthday Surprise (Curious George New Adventures)
  • If I Ran the Rain Forest: All About Tropical Rain Forests
  • Who is Coming to Our House?
  • Curious George Plants A Tree