Start by marking “One Grain of Sand: A Lullaby” as Want to Read:
One Grain of Sand: A Lullaby

One Grain of Sand: A Lullaby

When asked which of his songs he would most like to be sung 100 years from now, Pete Seeger replied, "One Grain of Sand." To bring this song to life on the page, artist Linda Wingerter painted rich, luminous scenes of families waking and sleeping all over the world--from a beach in Thailand, to a snowy pond in Scandanavia, to a high-rise apartment building in New York. The ...more
Published August 6th 2003 by Megan Tingley Books (first published August 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about One Grain of Sand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Grain of Sand

Somona
May 09, 2010 Somona rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Author: Pete Seeger
Publisher: Little, Brown Young Readers
Genre: Picture Book
Summary: A children’s lullaby. At the beginning of the book Pete Seeger included musical notes to go with the text.
Response: I enjoyed this book. The words are very relaxing. I wish I could hear what the music accompanying sounds like. I also think the illustrations in the book were perfect. It depicted various families (animals and humans) from around the world.
Themes/Concept/Connection: Lullabies from other cultures,
Sara Diane
Apr 12, 2013 Sara Diane rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, 2013, reviewed
This book is nothing more than the lyrics to a lullaby that Seeger started writing for his youngest child. And yet, it's a lovely, heart-warming journey. Seeger offers a tune, but this would be an easy one to create your own tune to and sing to your kids...or just for fun. The artwork was also very well done.
Bethany Telles
Jul 12, 2012 Bethany Telles rated it it was amazing
I love, love, LOVE this book! I read it almost nightly to my boys. It's so beautifully written, and the illustrations look like something out of a dream! Listen to the lullaby that it was adapted from:
Rosa
Jan 22, 2008 Rosa rated it really liked it
This book is based on the song by Pete Seeger. I'd really like to hear the music so that maybe I could memorize it. A beautiful children's book for bedtime!
Katieb (MundieMoms)
This is one of my kids' favorite bedtime stories. It's a lullaby turned into a book. Highly recommend. The Illustrations are very well done and show scenes from all over the world.
Randi
Jul 30, 2012 Randi rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I wish I had a piano so I'd know the lullaby melody! I enjoyed the artwork more than the lullaby itself, though, again, I wasn't sure exactly how the lullaby should sound. A cute bedtime read!
Naomi
Apr 21, 2014 Naomi rated it it was ok
While I am unfamiliar with this lullaby (even when I watched it on You-tube), I was more impressed with the illustrations than the actual lyrics to the song.
Warren Senders
Warren Senders rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2013
Maija
Maija rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Sep 11, 2013
Grace Snow
Grace Snow rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2009
Jilda Leigh
Jilda Leigh rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2012
Mar 10, 2014
May 19, 2013
Abby
Feb 24, 2010 Abby rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, fiction
Beautiful illustrations, but I wish the lyrics had been a bit more edited for the book.
Chak
Apr 06, 2009 Chak rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid
None of us especially liked this one.
Lois Church
Lois Church rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2015
Melina Kinder
Melina Kinder rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Beverley Kaye
Beverley Kaye rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2010
Larry
Larry rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2012
Taffy Singletary
Taffy Singletary rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Jamespc
Jamespc rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2014
Jarrett
Jarrett rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2007
Denise Ortakales
Denise Ortakales rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Westcoast_girl
Westcoast_girl rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Peter Seeger, better known as Pete Seeger, was a folk singer, political activist, and a key figure in the mid-20th century American folk music revival. As a member of the Weavers, he had a string of hits, including a 1949 recording of Leadbelly's "Goodnight Irene" that topped the charts for 13 weeks in 1950. However, his career as a mainstream performer was seriously curtailed by the Second Red ...more
More about Pete Seeger...