Start by marking “Sweet Sorrow: A Beginner's Guide To Death” as Want to Read:
Sweet Sorrow: A Beginner's Guide To Death

Sweet Sorrow: A Beginner's Guide To Death

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Like most of us, Mark Wakely had always put death in the too-hard basket. Around death he was painfully awkward, strangely self-conscious: death-shy. He was curiously distanced from his own parents' deaths. Thirty years later, he went on a journey to confront one of the most intensely personal yet universal experiences: our own mortality.

With Mark as our guide, we are intr
Audiobook
Published May 14th 2010 by Bolinda Publishing Pty Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Sorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Sorrow

Any Length
We all have to die and this book is the best manual I have read about what happens when we die and especially when we have died thus far. It gives the reader great insight into what happens with the body, how different cultures deal with death, how it has changed over the years, what happens at a morgue, at a post mortum, and at the funeral directors.
I think every one needs to read this book. It helps us all deal with our own mortality, something that will happen whether we like it or not. It a
SenoraG
Very interesting book that gives us a look at all those things concerning death that we all think about but dont really talk about.
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Maddie Mcintyre
Maddie Mcintyre marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Mark Wakely has held a lifelong interest in all things science-related, dating back to high school when he won the Bausch & Lomb science award in high school. Mark holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and is a college administrator at prestigious Elmhurst College in Elmhurst, Illinois. He lives in a nearby town with his wife and three children, and is an avid reader and amateur astronome ...more
More about Mark Wakely...
An Audience for Einstein Dream home An Audience For Einstein Sweet Sorrow: A Beginner's Guide to Death