Start by marking “Mike, Mike & Me” as Want to Read:
Mike, Mike & Me

Mike, Mike & Me

3.6  ·  Rating Details ·  1,517 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
This delightful tale by the bestselling author of Slightly Single alternates between the story of a woman's summer with two Mikes in the 1980s, her choice between them, and the outcome 15 years later. Original.
Published December 21st 2004 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about Mike, Mike & Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mike, Mike & Me

Athena
Aug 24, 2008 Athena rated it did not like it
Skip this one. I didn't even finish it- that's how bad it was. The main character dated 2 guys named Mike. She married one and is thinking back fondly on both. Honestly, I didn't care which one she married.
Elusive
Dec 18, 2015 Elusive rated it it was ok
Shelves: review
‘Mike, Mike & Me’ is about a woman who once knew two guys named Mike and dumped one for the other. Years later, she’s married with kids and feels unhappy about her life. Therefore, when the Mike she left behind contacts her, she finds herself questioning (again) who she wants to be with.

Besides the fact that the two guys share the same name, there was nothing remotely interesting about the story. The main character goes by the nickname Beau which I personally found to be ridiculous. Her name
Devon
Aug 29, 2013 Devon rated it really liked it
Reviewed on amazon.com January 17, 2009

I really enjoyed this book. The premise is simple chick lit, a woman early forties examines her life and the choices she made over the years. The twist is that the reader doesn't know until the last few pages who she chose to marry.

Beau was in love with two men, her college sweet heart and a man she met later in an airport lounge, both of whom are coincidentally named Mike. We know that Beau is now married to Mike and has children with Mike and a beautiful
Stacy
Jul 26, 2011 Stacy rated it liked it
This was a good book. As the book title states, throughout the story protagonist talks about her two great loves (both named Mike). She talks about her life now--with the Mike she married--and flashes back to the past, when she talks about her summer love affair with both Mikes. Throughout the book, she agonizes about her decision to marry the Mike she did, and wonders if she made the right choice when she hears from the Mike who got away. As she tells her story, you don't know until the last ...more
Marisa
May 10, 2009 Marisa rated it it was ok
I picked this up at a used book store this weekend and thought I'd give it a try since I was looking for a light read. This book was cute and very fast. It's about a woman named Beau who is a stay-at-home mom who is feeling bored with her life and is feeling distant from her husband. It alternates between the past and the present as she reflects on the two "mikes" in her life. The Mike she married and the Mike that she broke up with. She loved them both and dated them back in the 80's. She had ...more
Bridget Bailey
Feb 04, 2014 Bridget Bailey rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this author that I have read. This is your classic chick lit book. I enjoyed this one more than usual because throughout the book you were not sure who she ended up with although the book takes place in the present with flashbacks to the past when she was making her choice. To be honest, I didn't pay enough attention as I just assumed it was the one Mike and never thought that I could be wrong until almost the end when I picked up a couple subtle hints and then it was ...more
Kellie
Jun 16, 2012 Kellie rated it really liked it
Shelves: pre-2010, made-me-lol
I really liked this one! Although each chapter jumped from past to present, it was easy to follow and progressed the story nicely. I liked the main character, and felt for her through the book as she got involved with Mike and Mike. I was wrong about the Mike she ended up with, but was glad to find out it was the Mike I wanted her to be with. :)

I also got a kick out of all the pop culture references. The part about making the tea to soothe the throats of Milli Vanilli, and about the TV show Cops
Tin
Jul 01, 2012 Tin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, 2012
Had me guessing until the end which Mike Beau eventually married. Alternating each chapter between the past and the present provided the right amount of a cliffhanger-type of storytelling that kept me, the reader, guessing, at the same time, wanting more.

And, had the author chosen to end the story on a vague note (the author gave the ending away, with five more short chapters to go, when she mentioned 'dimples'), i would have still loved it. In fact, looking back, think i would have preferred it
Karen
Aug 05, 2011 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had an unusual premise - the now 40-ish suburban mom is looking back at a crucial time period in her life - when she decided between the two Mikes that she was dating. I loved the look back at the late 80's time period, especially since that was my dating era too. Where I thought Markham didn't succeed was in maintaining the "mystery" of which Mike she wound up with. I thought it was obvious the moment she told you about the Mikes' jobs in the past. So, while the book was definitely ...more
Corey
Feb 03, 2008 Corey rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2008
This novel is set in present time as well as in the past. The heroine, Beau, reflects on meeting the "other" Mike in the 80's when waiting to meet her boyfriend Mike at the airport and its subsequent effects when in present time she's having another battle between the two Mikes as the one not chosen contacts her via email.

This novel was OK and up to the wit and fun of her other novels but for me, it was just OK. I don't like the constant flopping between the Mikes and I really don't like the ch
Hanny
Sep 03, 2009 Hanny rated it it was ok
Pure chick lit - a fast read, predictable ending. This book tells the story of a woman who dated two Mikes during the '80's and 15 years of marriage and three children later, she wonders if she made the right choice. The book alternates from past to present; the author did an excellent job describing the hairstyles and clothing of the past. I enjoyed her humorous observations of what was then and what is now.
Angie
Nov 08, 2009 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I really liked how each chapter of this book went back and forth from past to present and how you don't find out which Mike she married until the end. Anyone with half a brain could have guessed correctly though since this is predictable chick lit. Only 3 stars because the main character was spoiled, selfish and shallow, at least more so than I am able to tolerate for a fun and quick read like this.
Oct 09, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Mindless summer read. I liked the way the book read & how it was set up. However, I hated this character. I believe the author has done a series of books about one character and I'm hoping this book isn't a part of it as I'd like to read more of her books (perfect for the beach) but I don't want to spend any more time with this character.
Heather75
Jul 11, 2007 Heather75 rated it really liked it
Interesting book where she dates 2 Mike's in the 80's and she is married to one of them and you don't know which one till the end. Each chapter flips from past to present. I also liked the ending to know what happened to the Mike she didn't end up with - kind of makes you wonder what your life would have been like if you went down a different path.
Marcia
Aug 02, 2015 Marcia rated it liked it
Beau is a stay at home mom with 3 young children and having postpartum depression (my impression, it was never stated so in the book). She starts to think back about 15 years ago to when she was seeing 2 guys named "Mike" and starts to wonder if she chose the wrong one. The book flips back from one chapter to the next from present to past, making it a mystery of which Mike is her husband.
Carol Silver
Mar 14, 2009 Carol Silver rated it really liked it
I finished this book last night (3/13/2009). I enjoyed it. I liked out it alternated between the past and the present. I was tempted to skip to the end to see which Mike she ended up with, but I didn't. Wendy Markham writes about relationships in a way which keeps my attention, which is notoriously short nowadays.
Teena in Toronto
Jul 03, 2012 Teena in Toronto rated it liked it
Interesting concept for a book. I wasn't really sure which Mike she ended up with until the end ... and she picked the one I was rooting for! I like the way it kept bouncing back and forth between the 1980s and today. It was a hoot to read about the styles of clothes and hair as if it was today.

Blog review: http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2007/02...
Tanya
May 28, 2008 Tanya rated it really liked it
Being married to a Mike and deciding to marry him with another man in my life still, I was drawn to this book. Loved it. Didn't know which Mike she chose until the very end. But it all made sense - love that.
Meg
Aug 16, 2012 Meg rated it liked it
Shelves: chic-lit
This book was a quick read, but I didn't like the premise. The main character cheats and somehow the reader is supposed to be okay with this? Parts of this book were also pretty predictable. Eh. Just okay. Not terrible but I really ended up being annoyed with the premise that cheating is okay.
Apr 29, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
It was a cute book and I enjoyed Wendy Markham's writing style. I wasn't sure which Mike she chose in the end until the very end. I kept going back and forth between the two Mikes. It's a quick read but very enjoyable.
Janeen Neale
Nov 20, 2007 Janeen Neale rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: girls only!!
This book was fun to read. I really enjoy how the author takes you back in the past and then the present every other chapter. This was an easy read and an enjoyable one...I do not recommend this book for anyone who has been in a love triangle...it may make you think twice! ;-)
Pollypoptart
Jun 20, 2010 Pollypoptart rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
It was enjoyable enough but it took me a month to read (really unlike me - it wasn't even a particularly long book!) because I found it really hard to get into and invest in the characters. I finally started to be drawn in in the last few days.
Courtney
Nov 30, 2009 Courtney rated it it was amazing
My favorite thing about this book was the fact that there was no "obvious" ending. Both Mikes have their downfalls, both Mikes have their greatness... and of course, I loved the 80s references sprinkled throughout the book.
Melanie
Oct 28, 2009 Melanie rated it really liked it
A lot of fun - she definitely did a good job keeping you guessing about which Mike the main character ended up with! The writing is great, too - easy to read, humorous, and entertaining. I loved all the cute 80s pop culture references, too.
Stephanie
Jun 25, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was ok
The main character had no redeeming qualities to make you care about her story. She was a whiny, spoiled brat. Both Mikes should have split long ago.
Angel R
Aug 24, 2009 Angel R rated it really liked it
I thought this book was awesome. From the first few pages until the very last it had me laughing pretty hard the whole time. I thought it was very good.
Sarah Engel
Apr 13, 2011 Sarah Engel rated it liked it
A quick and fun read... I made my guess about which Mike she chose partway through, and I was right! (but then, I had a 50/50 chance!)
Tara
Jul 02, 2011 Tara rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book. I didn't want to put it down because I needed to know which Mike she ended up with. I loved how each chapter went from Present to Past.
Aug 26, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it
Cute book, with a bit of suspense regarding the ending (although if you pay close attention to the clues throughout the book, you can figure it out). I was able to finish this one in a day.
Deborah
Jun 02, 2011 Deborah rated it really liked it
Loved the flashbacks to the 80's, funny book. Throughout the story, I kept going back and forth over which Mike Beau ended up choosing.
  • Joyride
  • Tales of a Drama Queen (Drama Queen, #1)
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • Bombshell
  • Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?
  • The Last Year of Being Single (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • The Year of Living Famously
  • Summer in the Land of Skin
  • Mafia Chic (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Monkey Business
  • Speechless
  • On The Verge
  • Wonderboy
  • Girl Most Likely to
  • The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)
  • Looking for Mr. Goodfrog
  • Like Mother, Like Daughter
  • The Funeral Planner
New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy published novels and has sold more than three million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological suspense novels. Those novels and the women's fiction she writes under the pseudonym Wendy Markham have also frequently appeared on ...more
More about Wendy Markham...

“Call me jaded, but I didn't see then and I don't see now how hugging, and counting and focusing on a flickering candle or, God help me, a favorite stuffed animal, can possibly make you forget the nine pounds of wriggling human forcing its way out of you the same way it got into you nine months-and nine pounds-ago.

As the scientific theory goes, what goes in must come out. Eventually. Somehow. And the coming-out part is never as much fun as the going in part. ”
4 likes