Mating Call (In Heat #2)

Mating Call (In Heat #2)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  375 ratings  ·  39 reviews
The English winter weather has no chance of cooling Kim down when her dreams of Erik return, and this time they’re hotter than ever! Having spent the past two years waiting to be in heat again so she can mate with her black panther shape-shifter lover, Erik Blackwell, Kim is excited about the prospect that she’s ready at last. But there’s one thing that she isn’t ready for...more
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 176 pages
Published January 26th 2012 by Dark Rose Publishing (first published December 2007)

Gretchen
I really wanted to like this book more than I did.
The idea of the story was appealing. I was able to believe that the characters thought and felt the things described. The dream scenes were well written. It was a good read until the end.
It seemed as though the author lost concentration for the last third of the book. The ending just didn't seem to have the same pacing and the events seemed disjointed/rushed.
Like I previously stated, I wanted to love this book when I was finished, but I just can...more
Bianca
*Originally reviewed on Pages Of Forbidden Love

Two years have passed since the ending in In Heat and Kim and Erik have only grown closer. I loved that Mating Call took place two years later because I could tell that Erik and Kim had gotten to know each other and had gotten closer even if I wasn’t able to read about it. While reading In Heat I wasn’t totally sold on their emotional relationship but this one changed my mind. I could feel their connection and deep feelings for each other much more...more
Suzan
Jul 13, 2012 Suzan rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of paranormal Romance
Shirley
Maybe 3 1/2.... ?

I picked up Mating Call during a week when Felicity Heaton was offering several books free on Amazon. The first book in this series, In Heat, I really liked. This book just didn’t live up to the first book, which is sad, because I really, really wanted to like it.

Okay, to be fair, I did like parts of Mating Call. Those parts were where the characters actually talked, interacted and their relationship developed. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a lot of that. Most of the book centered...more
My Urban Fantasies
Originally published on my blog, My Urban Fantasies

In Heat: Mating Call takes place two years after In Heat. Erik and Kim are now living together, sharing an almost perfect life. They are beyond excited when Kim starts showing signs of the mating heat. Everything is right on track until Erik notices a shadow during one of their dream visions. It's another man. Not wanting to alarm Kim, Erik hides this information. During another dream vision Kim notices the shadow man too. The further the mating...more
Katrina
Mating call is book two In Felicity Heaton’s Heat series and I must say I thought book one was smokin !! Mating calls being the perfect title - we are taken on a whirlwind of hot sex, lust, love passion and lots of loving!

The time has come for Kim and Erik to mate - they have waited two years for this day to be mated and bonded for life. But some stranger is coming to Kim in her dreams, a white panther that also brings out urges and wants in her through her dreams, is Kim able to resist him in...more
Anna-marie Buchner
In Heat Book #1 and Mate Calling Book #2 Not really digging these

I absolutely love Felicity Heaton’s Her Angel Romance Series so when I saw these two books I wanted to give them a try.

The two Main Characters of these books are Eric Blackwell and Kim. In Book #1 In Heat basically Kim has been dreaming of a mysterious man and when he shows up at the law firm she works at she realizes it’s her client Eric Blackwell. From here it’s all downhill. Eric has been dream sharing with Kim for years. She i...more
Amy The Book Diaries
Sally
Two years have passed since Erik and Kim found each other and are desperately waiting for the moment where they can mate and be together for eternity. Things start to go awry when a stranger intrudes on the dreams shared by Erik and Kim and neither knows what it means. When the stranger is revealed as someone who is also in love with Kim, the race for the mating to be complete begins.

In Heat: Mating Call is as erotic and hot as the previous book. The passion between Erik and Kim is stronger than...more
Layali
I would have given this book 4 stars if i didn't find the end ridiculous.
Since they missed the chance to mate in the first book they are to forced to wait for the dreams to restart for the mating call to begin, but as a stranger intrudes on their dreams everything is at risk.

I totally loved this new twist, and i totally understand the need to give erik and kim their happy ending but the way kristain backed off at the end was really unconvincing i mean he is supposed to be a weretiger in search...more
Skye Louise
Melina Turner
i also was recommended this by Becky Johnson. i was in hope it was as good as the first but was sadly dissapoonted. i loved the new character the were-tiger prince. i loved how he was the protagonist wanting what he couldnt have. i'd ask the author that maybe more description of him. how he became.
the storyline was great. but the characters build up was not visible, there needed to be more character buildup to make the story as amazing as the first. though i still liked this piece, the first had...more
R.E. Butler
A nice follow up to the first In Heat. I was a little distracted with all the dream sex, sometimes I thought it was real but it turned out to be a dream. And the anti-hero's sudden - oh, okay I'll step back - when he had sworn earlier that he would have Kim no matter what - left me a little deflated. Overall, lots of sex, some menage action, some back-door action, dream sex, real sex, kitchen sex....you get the idea. I'm going to check out more of Heaton's stuff, the world of the In Heat series...more
Barbara
3.5 Stars!

I absolutely loved the first book, In Heat! Erik is super sexy and the chemistry between he and Kim burns up the pages.

In Mating Call (In Heat 2), the chemistry is still there; Erik and Kim are almost combustible since having to wait the past two years for the mating cycle to begin again. The addition of Kristian simply didn't work for me. He was more of an annoyance than the sexy third in a menage. Lots of good lust and anxiety; however, the ending wraps up a bit too quickly.

Overall,...more
Kristy
Again the love scenes were a little too frequent and drawn out for me. Kim sort of annoyed me in this book a couple of times. Her stupid note? What an idiot. I thought it was all resolved a little too easy. Erik would not have let him go for anything, and Kristian was willing to drug and kidnap her, but once she explains she can't be with him he just gives up and lets her go? That didn't make sense if their mate bond was supposed to be so strong.
Naomi
I enjoyed this even more than the last book (a feat I didn't think was possible!) Another shape-shifter comes into play in this one & it makes it oh so interesting. I love Kim & Erik but I thought Prince Kristian was a bit of an ass for the most part. The sex scenes are phenomenal & I had too many hot flushes to count whilst reading!! I would definitely recommend this to anyone that likes hot alpha males & a lot of raunchiness!!
Kirsten
In this follow up to In Heat was a great read. I liked that Kim and Erik got to know each other more and their desire for each was as hot as ever. In the visions it threw in a new potential mate, and added some more heat. We weren't sure who Kim would chose Erik or the new male Kristian? I loved this book but I would have loved for Kristian to fight more for a woman he thought was his mate. Keep coming with the Hot and Steamy Books.
Toni (U.A.C.)
Mel Auslan Osborne
This is the sequel to In Heat...... The story picks up 2yrs later........ They believe they have all the obsticles out of the way........ then the dreams start again but simethings different.......... They now have new obsticles to defeat before the mating is complete........ can they do it?

I highly recommend this book

ENJOY:D
(I appologise for spelling errors...... writing on my phone)
Karen
It was very hot and I loved how you could feel the connection between Kim and Eric. The book kept me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out why this second person was in their shared visions. I've got to say it made the visions very hot.
Carrie
Very very smutty, but not as good as the first one. The story seemed disjointed and I really could've done without it. This book was like an Anita Blake book, if you took out any overalls storyline.
Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)
Wowsa!! Addictive, sexy and lots of curl your toes goodiness! I locked myself in my room so I could do nothing but read it. Fantastic book. Felicity is yet to disappoint!
Leisa Prater
LOVED this book...Now I need to know what happens to the other shifters in this book....If you are looking for a really hot and sexy read...try book one and two!!!!
Beverly
Love Felicity Heaton's books. This one was no exception. She creates wonderful characters and sets them in well written, exciting stories.
Michelle
I wasn't too sure of this one at first but I'm glad things transpired the way they did. I do love cat shifters though :)
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Mar 27, 2013 Paris (kerbytejas) marked it as books-read-to-2012
just can't get into this book - everything around me is more interesting then the story - nothing to hold my intrest
Julie
This sequel was really good. Was hoping for more of Kristian. Maybe sometime in the future?
Amy
Book 2, so make sure you read book 1. As hot as (if not more so) than the first. I just love Erik!
Kaci
This was a pretty good book. I got it for free but I was almost afraid to get it.
  • Threesome (erotic menage)
  • Bourbon Affair (Pentacles of Magick #2.5)
  • Wolf Tales VII (Wolf Tales #7)
  • Twelfth Moon (Legend of the Pantera, #1)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Anna's Strength
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • Committed: An Erotic Valentine's Tale
  • Demon's Slave
  • Destined for Harmony (Shadows of Destiny, #3.5)
  • Tomfoolery
  • The Complete Mackenzies Collection (Mackenzie Family, #1-5)
  • Just One Bite: Volume Three (Just One Bite, #3)
  • Hidden Talents (Hidden, #1)
  • Winter and His Twins (Welcome to Sanctuary, #2)
  • Cat's Meow (Predators, #1)
  • Zakia and the Cowboy (Thunder Creek Ranch #1)
  • Jericho
Felicity Heaton is a New York Times, USA Today and international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!

If you're a fan...more
More about Felicity Heaton...
Her Dark Angel (Her Angel #1) Covet (Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance, #1) Prophecy: Child of Light (Vampires Realm, #1) Vampire for Christmas Her Fallen Angel (Her Angel, #2)