Start by marking “Learning Curves” as Want to Read:
Learning Curves

Learning Curves

From the dazzling author of Little White Lies and When in Rome…comes a rollicking new novel of love and lust in the boardroom.

Jennifer Bell used to travel the planet with her boyfriend, fighting the good fight for Mother Earth. But after the breakup (not a good fight), Jen moved back to London to work for another mother: her own. Harriet Bell founded Green Futures, a consu
Published February 28th 2006 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Learning Curves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learning Curves

Merredith
i got this to have a quick, relaxing, cute read. then i started reading it, and it bored me. and i didnt like the characters. my brain turned off when i tried to read it. so i kept reading other books instead. chic lit is supposed to be fluff, and i wouldnt have minded if it turned out to be a serious, yet good, book, but it turned out to be a..i dunno. anyway, i came back to the book and decided to finish it. near the end of the middle, it started to pick up a bit. i never really liked the main ...more
Heather
Mar 19, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book on Amazon on an I-need-something-to-help-me-make-it-to-$25-for-free-shipping whim. It was recommended to me because I like Sophie Kinsella (which makes sense because Gemma Townley is her sister), and it was only $5 or $6. It, then, sat on my bookshelf for over a year. When I finally picked it up, I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a very fun read with that wonderful British wit I love so much. I laughed out loud numerous times and vowed to read everything else she's ...more
Solargalaxy_6
Apr 10, 2012 Solargalaxy_6 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed, chicklit
Didn't enjoy this book one bit - main character was predictable, and made such life altering changes so quickly that it was hard to believe. Plot was weak, and the author seemed to have a hard time even remembering that there WAS one.

Not something I'd ever read again!
Tiffany
Mar 18, 2011 Tiffany rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit, 2011
Not a bad piece of chick lit. But I felt I could not connect or love Jen in a way, a reader often feels a sense of love, or kindness for a character. I bought a few more books by her, which I hope will be better.
Kristi Handayani
Oct 17, 2016 Kristi Handayani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Menyenangkan sekali membaca buku sejenis ini ketika sudah lama tidak bertemu buku tema sejenis. Setting tempatnya di London tapi melibatkan Indonesia dalam penyelidikan (sepertinya tentang tsunami di Aceh sehari setelah natal beberapa tahun lalu). Entah apa yang ada dalam benak pengarang tentang Indonesia, mungkin seperti daerah sangat terpencil dengan penduduk yang menderita akibat bencana alam itu.
Secara keseluruhan, isi novel ini ringan dan menyenangkan. Betapa tokoh satu dan lainnya memilik
Vanessa
Jul 10, 2011 Vanessa rated it liked it
Gemma Townley writes similar books each time, although there are different settings and different names. This book is a quick, easy read.

Jen has decided that she needs to make some changes in her life, but isn't entirely sure what she should be doing or how to go about making any changes. She's comfortable where she is, having dumped a boyfriend and having a "normal" life, but doesn't quite know how to say no. So when her mother comes to her and asks her to do her MBA at Bell Consulting, Jen's
Alcelinia
Nov 08, 2011 Alcelinia rated it liked it
Jujur baca buku ini sering mengerutkan jidat, gaa ngerti sama yg di ceritakan, ttg bisnis, suap dll
Dan slow start....
Membutuhkan pengertian ttg bisnis, yg gue sama sekali Ĝªα>:/ ngerti,

So gue certain dr sudut padang gue saja ya

Jennifer Bell seorang energik woman, yg ditugasi oleh Herriet mum nya untuk menyelidiki perusahaan saingan nya yg bergerak dlm bidang konsultan, dengan cara mengambil MBA yg Bell company adakan, yg ternya Bell company perusahaan dad nya Jenn.

Disitu juga dimulai perken
Ra Cristina
Apr 15, 2016 Ra Cristina rated it it was amazing
I grabbed this book from my work small library. I was in the mood for a cute romantic story and the cover grabbed my attention. I find myself reading a lot of books because of the way the cover looks.

Jen is coming from a broken family and she is somehow a rebel. I guess that what she is trying to do is find out who she really is and she is trying to find the truth about her parents. After she meets Daniel she realizes that love is not exactly how she thought it is. Her heart is broken multiple
Delisa sahim
Lucu, menghibur dan drama.
Itu yang tergambar dicerita ini.

Kalau tidak dari paksaan sang ibu, Jen tidak akan pernah bertemu dengan sang ayah kembali bahkan seseorang yang menggantikan tempat gavin -eks pacar- dihatinya.

Jadi, perusahaan ayah Jen menyelenggarakan kuliah MBA. Jen dipaksa ibu-nya untuk menggikuti kuliah tersebut sekaligus menjadi mata-mata karena ada bahan gosip yang bilang kalau ayah Jen menyuap beberapa orang untuk memenangi sebuah tender di Indonesia.

Itu saja awal ceritanya tapi k
Sheila
Jan 16, 2008 Sheila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up because it was a romance novel about the business world--two of my favorite things--and quit reading partway through because I thought it was being too obvious about all the deceptions/misunderstandings. I picked it up again a few days ago and discovered that it was being obvious because there was another layer of deception under all the obvious stuff, and that once I got into it I really liked the British humo(u)r and the way the characters used business strategies to try to ...more
Emilie
Nov 08, 2009 Emilie rated it it was ok
British fluff. Good to read one like this every now and again for entertainment and to not have to think. A former eco-hippie-protester turns into a corporate MBA student in order to find out what her estranged corporate father is up to. She finds love in the process (of course) and her life gets turned upside down. Relatively predictable plot, but entertaining nonetheless.
Sara
Apr 04, 2013 Sara rated it liked it
I was on vacation and this book was on the activities shelf to borrow and since I didn't bring a book with me, I decided to give it a try. It was an easy "beach read" book. Boy meets girl, throw in a little business and some complications and you have a story with a little twist. The title says a Novel of Sex, Suits, and Business Affairs, but the "sex" was very tame as far as descriptions go.
Toni Osborne
Feb 08, 2009 Toni Osborne rated it it was ok
This novel touches the issues of moral and corporate responsibility. I found the story is trying to give you an insight into business management. This book is light in nature and substance and the story is overall predictable.
Jaime Scarfuto
Nov 14, 2012 Jaime Scarfuto rated it it was ok
this book was ok. I have read better and honestly i felt the first half was really really slow that i almost put it down. I kept reading because i don't like starting things and not finishing them. In the end the story was cute but i don't think it is something i will read again.
Tori
2010- A British chick lit book with a business twist. Was hoping it was going to be fun, and a break from some of the heavier reading I had been doing. However, it was very formulaic and many times it seemed the author just wanted to show off her knowledge of topics discussed in MBA courses.
Lindsey
Dec 24, 2015 Lindsey rated it really liked it
If you want a book that covers sex and SWOT analyses, you got it. Her experience with grad school is pretty relatable and the drama with her parents is kinda crazy to the point where it's almost unbelievable, but a quick nice read overall.
Feb 23, 2009 Sarah rated it liked it
3.5 actually. It had a lot of business stuff in it, but the plot line was intriguing, which kept the pages turning. This book was not as humorous as some of her earlier work, but I would still consider it a "lite read".
Ashley
Sep 02, 2007 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, chick-lit
Not a book I'm TOO crazy about but bearable nonetheless. I liked it cause it had the usual quirkiness and fun moments to it like any other chick-lit but it failed to grasp me like alot of the others do.
nila
Aug 17, 2015 nila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Yah, kalau mau memasukkan plot yang berbau-bau korupsi, masukkan saja Indonesia di dalamnya, hehehegh...
Itulah image bangsaku sekarang ini, sedih :(
Karena kebetulan nyelesaiin Buku ini di 17 Agustus, well... Dirgahayu Indonesia ke 70, mari berantas korupsi, mulai dari diri sendiri...
Love Fool
Apr 04, 2014 Love Fool rated it liked it
When I started reading this book I thought it was going to be about a work affair (and at the time I was having one myself) so I was really excited to read it. But, it wasn't. And, for some reason, I couldn't connect with the main character or story. I thought it was okay but not amazing.
Kittygabe
Jenny Hoerauf
Jul 03, 2011 Jenny Hoerauf rated it really liked it
I liked the changing of attitudes and ideas. Cute that her parents got back together after all those years. Cute romance.
Stephanie
Nov 29, 2007 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Makes you feel like anything is possible. When things get a little rough, it always picks back up. Sometimes your parents are right.
Caroline
Caroline rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2013
Corie
Corie rated it it was ok
Sep 26, 2011
Tasha
Tasha rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2009
Paula
Paula rated it liked it
May 30, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2011
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2010
Mscrafty
Mscrafty rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
  • Making Minty Malone
  • Once Upon A Blind Date
  • Love: A User's Guide
  • And God Created the Au Pair
  • Killer Deal (Molly Forrester Mystery, #3)
  • First Date (The Bridesmaid Chronicles, #1)
  • Gucci Gucci Coo
  • I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) (Crandell Sisters, #2)
  • Babyland
  • Insider Dating
  • Exes and Ohs
  • First Kiss (Bridesmaid Chronicles, #2)
  • Queen Takes King
  • The Wish List
  • Bachelor Boys
  • Oscar Season
  • The Funeral Planner
Gemma Townley launched her writing career at the age of sixteen with a book review in Harpers & Queen. At Reading University, unimpressed with the official university paper, Spark, she launched a satirical rival, Spank, which she edited for a year before taking over as deputy editor on Spark and features editor on South-East Student.

Gemma is currently head of communications at the Chartered In
More about Gemma Townley...