Start by marking “Guildpact (Magic: The Gathering: Ravnica Cycle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Guildpact (Magic: The Gathering: Ravnica Cycle, #2)

Guildpact (Magic: The Gathering: Ravnica Cycle #2)

One guild ravages the streets. Teysa leads another to "cleanse" them. And Agrus Kos doesn't give a damn.

But as he watches the guilds nip and tear at each other like snakes . . . something clicks.

Now his mind is clear, as are his options. A disaster grows under the city's crowded streets. He knows what he must do.
Mass Market Paperback, 306 pages
Published January 10th 2006 by Wizards of the Coast

To ask other readers questions about Guildpact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guildpact

Robert
Apr 18, 2012 Robert rated it it was ok
An exciting tale of adventure and action. I liked Cory Herndon's style of writing, the way each character is described by the author, and the setting described. The way the setting is described is had to relate to anywhere that you would find on earth but the use of imagery helps you visualize the way it affects the characters and the conflict. The Utvara Wasteland is described as a treacherous unexplored land that is occupied by tribes of humans and humanoids known as the Gruul clans. The Gruul ...more
Steven Cole
Feb 17, 2013 Steven Cole rated it liked it
Shelves: mtg
Overall, I think this was pretty pedestrian. If you care to follow along with the "Magic: The Gathering" world known as Ravnica, this is solid. If you're coming to the scene from outside MTG, then I can't see why you'd care.

This story takes place many years after the first book in the Cycle, with a significant number of new characters and locations. Reading the first book first adds some context to what's going on, but not a whole lot. It's certainly not a requirement.

The book's largest problem
Michael
Dec 27, 2014 Michael rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Another solid MTG book, but I think, not as good as the previous book.

The book proceeds after the events in the first. Kos is no longer a Wojek but a guard for Pivlic. However, the book takes place in a little area known as Utvara. Teysa Karlov is made the baroness of this by the leader of the Orzhov and is now in charge of cleansing it from the plague that ravishes the land. And of course, Kos manages to find his way there and get involved in the problems they've got.

This book just isn't as act
Kevin Kirsche
Apr 18, 2014 Kevin Kirsche rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Guildpact was a fun albeit somewhat disappointing read. I was primarily disappointed by the characters for whom I had a harder time becoming vested in. With that said, some old familiars appear throughout this book and I am very glad that I read to the end for some welcome surprises.

Guildpact focuses it's storyline on Utvara, an desolate area of Ravnica outside of the city. They don't make the relationship between the city and this area as clear I would have liked, but it was enough to get you t
David
Don't be fooled by the title of the book. Guildpact is name of the 2nd expansion set of the Ravnica block (Magic: the Gathering card game) and really has nothing to do with the story. It is actually a continuation of the plot from book 1 and is told from the perspectives of Kos (book 1 protagonist), Teysa (a young noble), and an intelligent goblin. It does highlight the special traits associated with the cards of the 3 guilds that were released as part of the expansion set.
Christie
Nov 13, 2014 Christie rated it really liked it
I liked this story although it did have some parts that tended to drag and some parts needed a bit more detail. The characters were easy to follow on how they thought or on their personalities. There were some parts of the story that were a little hard to keep my attention, but all in all, it turned out to be an entertaining read for me.
Steven Maus
Sep 26, 2008 Steven Maus rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers who've read the first book in the series
A twisted tale that follows several plot-lines across a fifty-year period and culminates with an explosive battle that literally shatters the sky.
Bradley
Sep 15, 2012 Bradley rated it it was amazing
Excellent story and loved the return of Kos. Plus I spent six dollars on Teysa and find myself amused to see her on the cover. =)
Kike Rojas
Aug 24, 2014 Kike Rojas rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Again, as in the previous one, I felt the ending part kind of rushed and in finished. I was also expecting Niv-Mizzet to make the great appearance that never happened.
Brandon
Jan 28, 2012 Brandon rated it it was amazing
The continuation of the first book, it becomes even more engrossing and intense, hands down a great sequal to an already awesome book.
Cris
Jan 14, 2013 Cris rated it liked it
literatura para adolescentes, tiene varios typos y de pronto se siente una falta de concordancia entre lo leído y los personajes. Fuera de ello tiene mucha acción y parece que se lee un comic.
Brian Botti
Brian Botti rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Nick
Nick rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2012
Josh
Josh rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Tang Frederic
Tang Frederic rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015
Thomas Graff
Thomas Graff rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Zachary Coffin
Zachary Coffin rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2012
Andrea Lassi
Andrea Lassi rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2010
Adam Arnett
Adam Arnett rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2014
Rowan
Rowan rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Ethan Stapp
Ethan Stapp rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2013
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2014
David
David rated it it was ok
Dec 18, 2010
Mathew Ostrander
Mathew Ostrander rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2012
Ryan
Ryan rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Calvin
Calvin rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Astray Penguin
Astray Penguin rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2008
Eddie Gillman
Eddie Gillman rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2013
  • Planar Chaos (Magic: The Gathering: Time Spiral Cycle, #2)
  • The Darksteel Eye (Magic: The Gathering: Mirrodin Cycle, #2)
  • The Moons of Mirrodin (Magic: The Gathering, Mirrodin Cycle, #1)
  • Odyssey (Magic: The Gathering: Odyssey Cycle, #1)
  • Scourge (Magic: The Gathering: Onslaught Cycle, #3)
  • Nemesis (Magic: The Gathering: Masquerade Cycle, #2)
  • The Gathering Dark (Magic: The Gathering: Ice Age Cycle, #1)
  • Mercadian Masques (Magic: The Gathering: Masquerade Cycle, #1)

Magic: The Gathering: Ravnica Cycle (3 books)
  • Ravnica: City of Guilds (Magic: The Gathering: Ravnica Cycle, #1)
  • Dissension (Magic: The Gathering: Ravnica Cycle, #3)