Start by marking “App Savvy: Turning Ideas into iPad and iPhone Apps Customers Really Want” as Want to Read:
App Savvy: Turning Ideas into iPad and iPhone Apps Customers Really Want

App Savvy: Turning Ideas into iPad and iPhone Apps Customers Really Want

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
How can you make your iPad or iPhone app stand out in the highly competitive App Store? While many books simply explore the technical aspects of iPad and iPhone app design and development, App Savvy also focuses on the business, product, and marketing elements critical to pursuing, completing, and selling your app -- the ingredients for turning a great idea into a genuinel ...more
Published October 19th 2010 by O'Reilly Media (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about App Savvy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about App Savvy

Tami
Apr 15, 2012 Tami rated it it was amazing
If you are considering creating an iPad or iPhone apps, you’ll want to pick up a copy of App Savvy. Unlike most books on the subject, this book begins with an idea. Then, with just an idea in hand, you start doing some research to see if you have a good solid idea or if you are just going to waste a lot of time and money on a dream of making it big.

Armed with this invaluable information (and already building connections with your future audience), then you can begin the actual production. App S
Jenny Thompson
Jan 31, 2015 Jenny Thompson rated it really liked it
I found this book to be very helpful. Yarmosh outlines the journey of making an app from the initial idea, through development, all the way past publishing to customer support. I would say I definitely have a better understanding of how the process works. The book as aimed at project managers, but I think anyone who wants to work on an app could benefit from at least skimming through it.

To be honest, I was not always in love with the format. I tend not to like it when books tell me to skip ahead
grundoon
Oct 02, 2012 grundoon rated it liked it
3.5 Had this book seen an update in the past 2 years, or were the link (to the book support section of his site) that he promotes countless times within the text functional, I'd be considerably more inclined to round the rating up. There is a fair amount of worthy advice and underscoring of both things often overlooked and pitfalls to avoid - much of this remains relevant and of recommendation to folks with no prior exposure to the customer-facing software industry.

However, this is quite a light
Bobby Toh
Feb 01, 2014 Bobby Toh rated it it was amazing
Great focus on the marketing and business aspect of making apps
Tina
Jul 30, 2015 Tina rated it liked it
This book is extremely well-researched and very informative. If you plan on creating an iPad or iPhone app, this is a must-read. It's not a fun "you'll-make-millions-overnight!" book -it's a practical guide of what you need to know to be competitive in the app market.
Yulichka Dmytryshyn
Apr 07, 2013 Yulichka Dmytryshyn rated it it was ok
Very useful for all the beginners in the mobile market. Personally for me, it was already too late to read it after working in this field for over a year. Interesting thoughts that I picked up: the blue ocean strategy and marketing crescendo.
Amy Beth
I only read the parts on promotion and social media and not the development of the app as that applies to the work I've done. I found what I read useful for forming basic ideas about Facebook and Twitter and reaching out to VIPs.
Kevin
Feb 05, 2012 Kevin rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. Chapter 8 is a must read for any app producer to help with the marketing schedule. Written clearly but doesn't talk down to you.
Minah
Aug 27, 2011 Minah rated it liked it
Briefly, it's dealing with all processes to create Apple mobile applications from creating concept to publishing in iTune. Can get a whole picture.
Allie
Sep 06, 2012 Allie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book! Really helped me wrap my head around my new job!
I recommend this for anyone who wants to know more about iOS app dev!
Tong
Jan 09, 2013 Tong rated it really liked it
A good overview of iOS App development process. Recommend for people building their first App for Apple Store.
Mark
Jan 07, 2013 Mark rated it really liked it
Useful book. Focuses especially on the importance of the marketing strategy from the app project's inception.
Charlie
Jun 13, 2015 Charlie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: it-skills
Very well laid out, very interesting introduction to Apple App creation, lots of useful links.
Chris Parker
Chris Parker rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2016
Scott Gagnon
Scott Gagnon rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Tavianna
Tavianna is currently reading it
Mar 04, 2016
Two Readers in Love
Two Readers in Love rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Martina
Martina marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Fredo
Fredo marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Martin Spinetto
Martin Spinetto rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
June Chung
June Chung rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Neli
Neli marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Adeel Qureshi
Adeel Qureshi rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Mike Zornek
Mike Zornek rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »