Start by marking “Toad Heaven (Toad, #2)” as Want to Read:
Toad Heaven (Toad, #2)

Toad Heaven (Toad #2)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  425 ratings  ·  38 reviews
In the hysterically funny sequel to Toad Rage, Limpy is on a quest to find toad heaven, but his plans are waylaid when he's kidnapped by some sinister-looking humans and tossed into a bucket.
Published January 24th 2006 by Yearling Books (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Toad Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toad Heaven

Torin A
Mrrik Noubarentz
I chose this book because it seemed intrseting from its name and i thought it would be a fun book to read. Toad Heaven is about a frog named Limpy who wants to live in a frog paradise. Where he currently lives, it is a danger hazard, because of flooding, cars, and people. Limpy's leg got run over by a car(hence the name). One day, Limpy is taken by someone and nursed to health. He returns to find everyone at his own funeral. Now, Limpy's family is in danger of getting killed, so now Limpy must g ...more
Torina
"i rated this book 3 stars because the plot kinda didn't make much sense and because i relly dont like talking animals unless its actiony. some parts that i did like i rated pretty high thats why it wasn't horrible but it wasn't the best. it was very ...more i rated this book 3 stars because the plot kinda didn't make much sense and because i relly dont like talking animals unless its actiony. some parts that i did like i rated pretty high thats why it wasn't horrible but it wasn't the best. it ...more
 Ericka
Not only was this book so entertaing but it really was the kind that you grab even if you know you dont have the time. It's the kind that you wanna read so bad and that if you dont get to read if you get all grumpy but its not the kind that you read till 5 in the mornin when you started at 9 and its not a direct kind of book its not just one subject absolute, its a little wobbly. But its not the kind that when you flip the page its talkin bout Whole different place, person, topic... This book is ...more
Gypsy Lady
Delightful Young Adults book.

Morris Gleitzman’s books are aimed primarily at readers in the 8 - 12 year age range and the majority of his protagonists are similarly pre-adolescent.

His books, most of which are set in Australia, address the very real concerns of children’s lives, yet always with immense humour and a succinct and ‘punchy’ narrative style, which reflects his experience in writing comedy scripts for television. Gleitzman’s child characters are usually loveable and well-intentioned,
Chloe
A really funny book. I liked how the plot was simple enough, but not too simple. And the humour was just right for me.
Billie Palmer
Mia read this book and really enjoyed it
Carter
Toad Heaven was a really funny book. I loved Toad Rage too and it was a funny sequal. Limpy, Charm, and Goliath are trying to find a toad heaven. At the beginning of the book, Limpy things of the idea to put sticky sap on dead toads and to throw them over the highway to collect bugs to eat. Then, he goes to try to find a nathingal park. Goliath and his stomach come in handy in the story. It is truly a funny story. It is a good story for all ages. I would recommend this book to anyone who liked T ...more
Will Demas
This was a pretty lame book. I was terribly annoyed with the stupid plot of dumb toads trying to cross a road. Every toad who tries to cross it gets squished. In my opinion, that could be kind of funny, but the way the author wrote and described it just made it boring. The toads in the book live in Australia but do not have Australian accents which I find kind of dumb. I would not recommend this book to anyone over nine years of age because it will not thrill you, plus, it is definitely not hard ...more
Tempest
I can't say that this book was particularly hard to put down, and I can't say that it held me captive until I had finished.
The story itself was a little kooky; Australian Cane Toads searching for safety and throwing their family's corpses into the air to catch bugs? It really had no point. The attempts at humor strung up in the childish, innocent writing had no affect on saving the book. I can honestly say it wasn't all that enjoyable.
Kristy Tallman
Nov 12, 2007 Kristy Tallman rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All parents who enjoy reading a good funny tale to their children
This book is not only a great book for kids but its a fun read for parents as well - It takes a bit of an odd sense of humor to fall prey to the world of the toads down under but I promise you - your kids will love it. I read this to my daughter and my soon to be step daughter (they are both 9) and they giggled well into the night...even my fifteen year old son listened in here and there. You can't help yourself!

Ben Brewer
The story is about a toad that tries to find a place ware people dont kill othe toads. The reason for this is that hes a sertin toad that gives out a desise so people trie to kill him. On the journey he almost drounds. He makes it to a Natinal park and brings his family and they stay there. I would recommend this book to any teacher that likes frogs or toads.
Williams
Francesca:
I loved this book sooo much!!! I read it during camp and it helped me with not getting home sick!!! Mabey the title does sound kind of gross but it actualy is a good book. I bought it in my school book fair when I was in 4th grade. I could write a 10 page review but I am not in the mood for it!!!
P.S- read the book :)
Cheryl
Am so enjoying this series about a cane toad with a limp and his love for his family. Adventure, humor, and just plain good relaxing reading with occasional need to read aloud.

Very sensitive animal lovers will find some of it a bit upsetting, (view spoiler)
Uflchildrens
Very funny series from Australia about a cane toad who wants to forge a friendship between humans and cane toads. Some gross humor that may especially appeal to boys but great characters and funny adventures that will appeal to all readers. --Rachel
J/Gleitzman
Mikhail J
This book a very good book, the story hooks you in which makes you wants to read more. There are some elements of this story which can be a bit sad but overall it is a adventures book. Morris Gleitzman publishes very interesting books.
Letaya
This book is about how these toads want to find a better way to live. So limpy one of the toads try to find a better pond or swamp till he hears a bout a nice place where he wants to take his family. I commend this book to all ages!
Rachel
Hilarious series from Australia told by cane toads. The main character wants humans to stop flattening his "rellies" (relatives) with their cars and goes on a quest to try to make peace with them. Some gross humor but so funny.
Nick S
this book is about a toad (limpy) who wants to find toad heaven. it is a place where toads can't be run over by cars or trucks. he is determined to find this place even if it takes forever. first he has to get out of the bucket.
Patrick Byrd
Silly book that is long and drawn out towards the beginning but the last few chapters feel rushed through! My 8 year old son recommended it!
Madison
This book never really got interesting for me. All it is about is toads getting squished by cars on the highway and a little about moving to a new spot. It one an award but I don't see why it did.
Dawn Leitheuser
What a wonderful book! My 4th graders loved Limpy and his pals. The adventures of the toads, the details that are yucky but fun really engossed the kids. A must read!
Suzanne
This was very cute. My daughter and I read it together. It was very entertaining and I'd like to find the first one now that I know its a series.
Noah 11-12
I liked it because:
It had a different storyline,
there was good action in parts of the story,
and the climax settled things down.
Kensie
It was so Funny! In the search to find toad Heaven! I cant wait to read the next book to the series!
Theresa
Just as good, if not better, than the first! Loved this book.
Jessie
Not as good as the first but still very humorous.
Guardian'sKeeper
It was funny and strange. I love it. So GOOD :)
Bronwyn
Not as good as the first book, Toad Rage
Robin Berman
Loved the part with the fire ants.
  • The Bunyip of Berkeley's Creek
  • The Secret Country
  • A Taste for Rabbit
  • Wicked!
  • Josephine Wants to Dance
  • The Mayor of Central Park
  • The Curse of the Campfire Weenies and Other Warped and Creepy Tales (Weenies series #3)
  • The Adventures of Old Mr. Toad
  • The Mob
  • The Voyage of the Frog
  • Shake, Rattle, and Hurl! (Rotten School, #5)
  • Walking With The Dead
  • Drawing for the Artistically Undiscovered
  • Day of the Iguana
  • Return to Groosham Grange
  • The Fall of Fergal: The First Unlikely Exploit (Unlikely Exploits, #1)
  • Stuart Goes to School (The Amazing World of Stuart, #2)
Morris began his writing career as a screenwriter, and wrote his first children's novel in 1985. His brilliantly comic style has endeared him to children and adults alike, and he is now one of Australia's most successful authors, both internationally and at home. He was born in England in 1953 and emigrated to Australia in 1969 so he could escape from school and become a Very Famous Writer.

Before
More about Morris Gleitzman...

Toad (4 books)
  • Toad Rage (Toad, #1)
  • Toad Away (Toad, #3)
  • Toad Surprise (Toad, #4)
Once (Once, #1) Then (Once, #2) Now (Once, #3) After (Once, #4) Boy Overboard