Start by marking “Cat in a Sapphire Slipper: A Midnight Louie Mystery” as Want to Read:
Cat in a Sapphire Slipper: A Midnight Louie Mystery

Cat in a Sapphire Slipper: A Midnight Louie Mystery (Midnight Louie #20)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  241 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Cat ina Sapphire Slipper is the twentieth title in Carole Nelson Douglas’s sassy Midnight Louie mystery series.The tough-talking,twenty-pound,tomcat PI is as feisty as ever as he and his gang try to keep his favorite roommate from losing her man.

PR honcho Temple Barr’sromance novelist aunt Kit haswound up in a romantic plot of her own.She’s snagged one of the most eligible
Published September 2nd 2008 by Forge Books

To ask other readers questions about Cat in a Sapphire Slipper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat in a Sapphire Slipper

Sharon
I'm a long-time fan of Carol Nelson Douglas' "Midnight Louie Mysteries," which feature an amateur detective named Temple Barr and her cat, Midnight Louie. Louie has his own first-person chapters throughout the book, and has the voice of a gangster from the pages of Dashiell Hammett.

In this particular outing, Temple's aunt Kit is marrying one of the confirmed bachelor Fontana brothers (the Fontanas are the local mafiosos). The bachelor party, including Temple's former priest fiance Matt, is hijac
E.
Sep 28, 2008 E. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Midnight Louie (mystery) fans
Temple's Aunt Kit is about to tie the knot to a Fontana brother and it's time to celebrate but life is never simple around Temple Barr. The bachelor's party turns out to be less tame than planned and Matt is caught in the middle of yet another murder mystery but this time he is ironically trapped in a brothel. Not only are ALL the Fontanas involved (including one from an older generation who is closer to the mob ties than the younger set) but Louie has a plethora of females helping him sleuth. N ...more
Kat Chan
This book doesn't start off with the first chapter, but instead with a rundown of all the major previous events and characters from the entire series (this is the 20th book). It was an incredibly unpleasant and difficult pace to read, so I hoped it was something unnecessary the editor had forced on the author to help new readers. I eventually skipped to chapter one and not even three pages in, I had to give up. Part of the reason the pace is so difficult is because the sentences are so long. Whe ...more
Lisa King
I am not sure if I am going to continue reading this series. Perhaps I need to read a book from a different series between these ones because I am getting Louie/Temple fatigue. The murder mystery didn't even register after three weeks after reading the book when I am typing this review. Now I remember. Temple's aunt is marrying Aldo, the eldest Fontana brother and this is the tale of the kidnapped groomsmen and ring bearer.
Barbara
This is one of the best yet in this series. Max is still alive and starting a new adventure. The Fontana brothers get a surprise from their girlfriends that turns the bachelor party for Aldo into a murder scene. Temple is called in to try to find the murderer before they have to call the police, since her intended, Matt, and the Fontana brothers, appear to be the prime suspects. But Louie and his relatives have managed to ride along for the fun and, of course, he and they solve the crime.

Now I'
Courtney
It's not one I'd call particularly well written, I guess. I kind of liked it, but part of that it because parts of it, especially some of Louie's lines in the first few chapters, are so cheesy it's hilarious. It's an easy-read mystery, and doesn't need a lot of in-depth thinking. So bad it's good?
Janet
I’m sorry, but if I found a dead body I would not call my boyfriend in to find the murderer. I thought the characters had more brains than that. That said…I knew Carole wouldn’t kill off my favorite character! Hurrah! It’s always great when a reader’s trust in an author is rewarded.
Melissa
Lisa Gregor
Cute and fun…I love the cat’s (Midnight Louie) point of view. I didn’t realize this was a series until after I checked out the book, so I would suggest starting with the first book (see her website for chron. order of the books).
Mandi
It was a good book, but it wasn't my favorite. It involved too many unknowns. Although Temple again solved a brilliantly concealed murder. The solution was too confusing trying to figure out. All in all, it was an alright book.
Mary Newcomb
A bachelor party is hijacked in spectacular fashion, and then things get interesting. This tale (or tail?) has several points of view, keeping them clear was not well handled.
Joseph
What a great series. This title's mystery was so-so but the story and all the characters are lots of fun. I can't wait for the next one to find out what happens next.
Christine
I enjoyed the book and am planning to read the first and in between books..hoping to meet her at the RT convention in Chicago.....her and many others...
Anne-Kathrine
Another good book in the series. Interesting how most of the book covers about 24 hrs :) Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Allanna
It'd be hard to have a favorite volume out of this series ... but this one would definitely be a contender.

Very well done.
Patti
Learned? It's just fun! Yay Matt! Yay Max! yay for a novel featureing Unitarian Universalists!
Loraine
If you love mysteries with cats, this series is very good.
Helen
bachelors hijacked to brothel
Pat
Midnight Louie
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Emma Burbidge
Emma Burbidge marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
  • Cat Bearing Gifts (Joe Grey #18)
  • Puss 'N Cahoots (Mrs. Murphy, #15)
  • Karma's A Bitch (A Pet Psychic Mystery, #1)
  • Get Fluffy (Pampered Pets Mystery #2)
Carole Nelson Douglas is the author of sixty award-winning novels in contemporary and historical mystery/suspense and romance, high and urban fantasy and science fiction genres. She is best known for two popular mystery series, the Irene Adler historical suspense novels and the 25-book Midnight Louie contemporary mystery series. Delilah Street, PI (Paranormal Investigator), headlines Carole's noir ...more
More about Carole Nelson Douglas...

Midnight Louie (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Catnap (Midnight Louie, #1)
  • Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie, #2)
  • Cat on a Blue Monday (Midnight Louie, #3)
  • Cat in a Crimson Haze (Midnight Louie, #4)
  • Cat in a Diamond Dazzle (Midnight Louie, #5)
  • Cat with an Emerald Eye (Midnight Louie, #6)
  • Cat in a Flamingo Fedora (Midnight Louie, #7)
  • Cat in a Golden Garland (Midnight Louie, #8)
  • Cat on a Hyacinth Hunt (Midnight Louie, #9)
  • Cat in an Indigo Mood (Midnight Louie, #10)
Good Night, Mr. Holmes (Irene Adler, #1) Catnap (Midnight Louie, #1) Dancing With Werewolves (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #1) Six of Swords Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie, #2)